Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs A Riviera Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. It may not be so bad with a slight forward rake as long as it isn't extreme. but it does look good the way that it sets.

3. It sits very nicely... problem is.... now I want one. :(

Bob

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I like it a lot!! Great job lowering it.....

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Nice ride. I agree with beaner, a little forward rake wouldn't be bad if it happens that way.

7. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If anything, I'd prefer a reverse rake over a forward rake on Rivieras... But really, I think they should sit dead level. A lot of that is because of the seemingly optical illusion the rockers create... In these pictures, the car looks like it has a slight forward rake. It doesn't according to the tape measure. Regardless, I like how it sits now...

The pictures don't portray this well, but in person the car looks pretty damned low. The tops of the front fenders land about midway on my thigh. Which is good, because the positioning of the front cross member of these cars don't let you get them much lower than it sits right now...

9. GARY?

GARY?

Nice car. Looks like a great road trip machine. Or to the movies with a special gal.
    Funny, In the pictures it looks like the nose is up a hair. :rolleyes:

10. Bitchin! Hows it ride??

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks damn fine!

I was immediately reminded of Morty's Riv that I was just reading about over the weekend in the latest Rodder's Journal.

[​IMG]

Malcolm

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great, Ryan.

You've got an attorney that also helps you work on your car? Cool!
    Imagining a guy in a white shirt and tie, working on your rear suspension...lol.

13. Perfect!

What's next?

14. buick needs to re- release the Riviera and take a note out of Dodge's book on the modern retro styling of the Challenger....a "New" Riviera could be cool if they did it right....

15. Looks great! Nice job.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The ride is more stiff for sure, but I wouldn't call it harsh. It just feels more confident if that makes sense. It handles 100% better. I pretty much rebuilt and rebushed the entire front end, so I'm sure that helped as well.

Morty's car is gorgeous... In every picture I've ever seen of the car it looks blue. It's actually a green car. How about that?

He bagged his which is something I didn't consider. I'm really striving for simplicity on this one and I like the idea of a static height that is LOW, but still very drivable. So far, I'm happy.

17. Special Ed

Special Ed

Dead level is, and always has been an unwritten requirement on a Rivi. I'm proud of you ... :)

18. draider

draider
    from Texas

Looks fantastic.

Will the Rivi make an appearance at any of the Revolution related events?

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wheels, tires, exhaust... and then... some more stuff.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thank you sir.

No... I'd take it out there and park it in the preferred lot, but I got too much stuff going on to worry about it.

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

If the "Grim Reaper" ever drove a car,.... It would be a Riv !

22. Ebert

Ebert

Ryan,

Love your ride! Here is mine after the same 3" drop at each corner.

Attached Files:

23. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

oh yeah! quite a transformation from when it left here a month ago. wow.

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Dude... a story...

So, I got the front end all jacked up ready to go to work, right? Not long after getting in the air, I noticed (in absolute horror) that the driver's side outer tie rod end was lacking a nut... of any kind... So, I drove 2200 miles at some considerable speed with no kind of apparatus responsible for keeping the car going in a straight line.

I became even more spooked when I went to break the tie rod end loose from the spindle. It took one tap from my hammer.

Good god - I should be dead!

25. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I agree with you Ryan; those cars look bitchin sitting dead level. The architecture has a built-in aggressive look to it already. Dead level brings that to the forefront, in my eye.

By the way, that car is fucking gorgeous. Love love love the color.

26. TexasDart

TexasDart

that's pretty crazy about the missing nut....geez.

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

From time to time over the last half century or so,.... I have succumb to different,... "Brain Farts" that I normally don't share with others. Due to the fact I have no desire to be "committed" to institutions I can not leave freely......

With that said I feel a need to share one of said "Brain Farts" here..... I feel like a mouse trying to extract the cheese from the trap without getting "Tinged" as some of this deals with a forbidden O/T car,..... And do it right in front of "Da Boss" !...

So here it goes.... A friend of mine had a 1964 Riv. He had just repainted black, back in the 1980's .... I went over to visit him in my latest $350.00 "Winter Beater" 1971 Rivera ( I told you this was dangerous ) which was also Black..... I was telling him how I loved the look of the 64 overall, and what a killer looking car it was..... And we both agreed that the roof of the 71 boattail was just sexy!, in a 63' split kind of way And just kidding around I said.... ( I might regret this............)

"You know what would be cool ?????..... Grafting a 71' boattail roof and part of the trunk lid to a 64' Riv !" ( No I didn't use drugs,... and even tho those were my drinking days, I hadn't touched a drop ,... I swear !)...... And as uncomfortable as it is to admit it..... I have thought about it several times over the last 30 some years.....

So there you have it,..... Oh and just in time,... here comes Nurse Rachett with my meds !

[​IMG]

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Awesome job! Car sits perfect. :cool:

29. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

UNREAL! :eek:

30. Marcy

Marcy

Looking good!
    I've got 3 inch lowering springs for mine as well---actually shooting for just the slightest forward rake.

Marcy