Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Drag Footage of the Day...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Is that a boat riding around on the track at 5:28? I'm digging the Red 77 roadster, looks like they were getting shit done too by the guy getting a trophy in a red 77 shirt early in the video.

Love these old films.

3. flamingokid

flamingokid

I think you're right on 77.Man,I wish I was there.....

4. Run in silence added my own vrrrrroooomm
    noises in my head......... thank you for the link...

woo hooo post 4000

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I missed it too, and I live 2 hours out. It's been a hell of a year.

6. goetzcr

goetzcr

What is the creation at 4:05? It looks like a mid-engined roadster. Almost looks like the engine was placed in the body shell and the driver was place in front of the firewall.

7. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Holy Crap! That is a boat at 5:18. Man...I'm diggin ol' #77. Great footage, thanks for posting.

8. autobilly

autobilly

Great footage and as you alluded, very timely.

9. Cool footage. I always enjoyed the Spokane area. Isn't that the track that Bucky Austin now owns?

10. The hydroplane "Diamond Lil"/"U-TOO" I can't identify yet. Promoting a race no doubt. Hydro racing was/is big in the Spokane area. Earl Wham, Bob Johnson and a bunch of others. Earl started in stock cars against guys like Ed Sneva. And the elder Sneva started his own family dynasty on the ovals.

Attached are a couple things from the Spokane Daily Chronicle. Not sure if the No. 77 roadster isn't the Dick Flynn-Bob Coutts roadster with Butch Miller driving. I'll keep digging in the online archive.

Attached Files:

11. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

can somebody fix this video please!!!!

12. oldschoolcamero

oldschoolcamero

The clip you have from Mission Raceway April 24, 1967 Frank Martinez drove AA/F 200 mph and New Camero Funny Car 140 mph. The Camero had a 300 cubic inch small block chevy on fuel. We were sponsered by The Parts Mart.

Racing thru the rain drops Digney

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  13. I can't see it! :eek:

14. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

We drove from Clarkston to Deer Park for nearly all the drags back in the late 50s/early 60s. Didn't win much, but had a great time.

dj

15. portage

portage
    from Montana

Not sure if this will work or not, but this link should get you to the DeerPark Raceway vintage drags movie that's being discussed. I recieved a copy of the old 8mm movie from Greg Fury, early DeerPark organizer, participant and historian. I then attempted to edit and enhance it and uploaded it to You Tube.
    If the link doesn't work then try going to You Tube and seaching my vintage movies/videos under my user name of MrPLW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElPBVFmHhM

16. portage

portage
    from Montana

Here's the link to the "Vintage Footage" that JIve Bomber is referring to---I think. MrPLW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElPBVFmHhM