Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. (In my best Al Gore voice)

I demand a damn recount...

[​IMG] Re: Road Trip Revival: Part 2
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Tool Tall Texan = Transmission / Tire Trouble
    Cryin' Ryan = Electrical / Ignition Fryin'

Good Luck.

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Great read. Now how much longer until we hear what you've got in the works for that Riv?

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful! Damn, spooky how bb1970 nailed it.

4. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man! Im glad you guys both made it without major problems! That had to be an amazing experience. Lots of challenges as you said, but you guys pulled it off! I'm jealous. Really Jealous.

And the coolest part might be, you guys get to keep those bitchin' Riv's you had the whole damn adventure in! You're bonded to that car now, aren't you?

5. thanks for sharing. i was wondering last night how you guys made out.

6. Glad to hear you guys made it safe! You no doubt made some memories that will last a long time....

7. Ryan,
    You are the man when it comes to telling a story....Makes me want to make another road trip...Even with the problems it still is a trip you will remember for a life time. Way to go guys....

8. bb1970

bb1970

Wow!!! I'm the big winner. Very cool. Both of the issues I mentioned are from past experiences with mine. Ryan wait until you try to get the A/C working. All the vacuum is a BITCH. Do yourself a favor and buy a chassis manual. By the way I'll take that HAMB t-shirt in 3xl.

9. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

It appears you two earned the rights of passage to nick-names of ' Knuckles' and 'The Modulator'.

Thanks for letting all of us attend your Revival!

10. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! Us skinny kids eat M&Ms just like those other kids do!

11. blue57ford

blue57ford

Man! Maybe if I had been more specific than just saying modulator issues, I'd have had a chance. If there is a bright side to sucking all the transmission fluid, there is probably not much carbon buildup left in it. Great story.

12. a vacuum splice and top with atf to retake the smoking Puick PIK AT SUNRISE we all wished to see...............:)

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Great adventure and great story. I was on the edge of my seat worrying if ya'll would make it back. And that was after seeing Norm on Saturday.

Norm is a Texan almost larger than life.

14. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Ryan, thanks for posting your adventures! Great reading!

15. flamingokid

flamingokid

Congratulations,sir!

16. Great story. '63-'65 Riv is one of my "must have" cars when I get bored with the ones I currently have.

17. Sanford Graham

Sanford Graham

I'd call that happy motorin for sure. Hope you guys will share some update pics when you can.....sandy

18. TexasDart

TexasDart

So is Norm ready to get rid of that Buick yet....:)

19. slacker1965

slacker1965

thanks for posting/sharing.... well written as always.... I'm glad that the gremlins didn't bite into your trip any worse than they did.... please keep us posted on both riv's progress back into whatever you two do with them.....
    fwiw: if norm really want's a/c, he will be happier with a vintage air setup, unless he want's the car to remain 'stock'....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  20. 61 Tx Cat

61 Tx Cat

Great story man. You can defiantly spill the words out in proper order. Heck made me feel like I was right there with y'all!

21. SIC98

SIC98

Great story Ryan and a great adventure, I felt like was in the seat too, white knuckled, ears wide open, looking in every mirror for smoke or something, just like my first trip in mine, just like bb1970 called it, same thing happened to me with the headlight, my clams are still disconnected! Oh yes the vacuum lines are fun to figure out too, my A/C still isn't 100%, I don't know......Brian

22. That was like reading a 4 minute adventure Novel. My kind of book. Good one.

23. Everybody always gives me shit for my adventures! SEE....i'm not the only one who has drama on the road. Besides....nobody cares to hear about the boring,"everything went great" stories! haha
    Mine usually has a girl in the story though!!!

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why does that 65 look so much like the one I saw at Hershey? Same year, color, condition, wheel/tire...

Either you get around or you have a twin. Thanks for sharing the trip with us, and no I didn't get a pic of the Hershey Riv.