Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edsel Ford for President!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. 2$ Bill

2$ Bill

Mark me down for TWO votes!

Edsel Ford was big-hearted, talented and gracious man. He deserved far more credit than he got because, sadly, he lived in his father's shadow. FoMoCo named the Edsel division as a tribute to his genius. Too bad the uninformed associate the Edsel Car's failure to Edsel himself...

Check out the wonderful biography "Edsel" by Henry Dominguez at your local library!

I'm always happy to drive the Edsel Ford Parkway (I-94) while motoring through Detroit Michigan.:)

3. catdad49

catdad49

Make it 3 votes. I believe he would probably be called a "radical", but who cares. I don't think common sense applies to many things anymore, especially politics! Cat

4. deto

deto

I did a google search and can't find anything on his politics. He's got my vote

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You've convinced me! Edsel 2012!

6. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

7. I'm leaning toward the other automotive guru of or recent times,,Lee Iaccoca,,He had the insight when working for Ford to design and produce the Mustang,,later on the mini van was attributed to him,,not the greatest piece of automotive transportation in our eyes but a big hit with the general population.

But the main reason I would vote for Iaccoca for president is that he was able to save Chrysler as the company was spiraling out of control and going down the tubes fast,,,he could probably do the same for this country! :DHRP

8. Model T1

Model T1

Make that 5 votes. We get to vote twice because I'm from Illinois and now live in Florida. Besides I wrote something somewhere and I was told that's not politically correct. Politicians don't use common sense anymore.
    I don't think the Edsel was a failure. Like the Tucker, Airflow and others, it was just ahead of it's time----like me!

9. dad-bud

dad-bud

Good luck with whoever you guys get this year - you may need it.
    Edsel sounds like a good alternative - at least he had an eye for a beautiful car.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Watch what you say. I recall a neighbor with some bumper stickers that didn't vie for any popularity here.

A Texan, too.

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Chrysler was bailed out with taxpayers money while Lee was CEO. Twice Chrysler had to be saved by the taxpayers. And don't forget about the famous Ford Pinto which was also Iaccoca's insight. Also, we already had a Ford for President and he was lousy, he had 2 left foots. By the way, I thought Polyticks was taboo on the H.A.M.B.

12. MissPrint

MissPrint

All I can say is check out my signature line. . .Pretty much says it all for me. . .

13. He'd have my vote if I was american

14. autobilly

autobilly

15. Mark me down for a dozen Illinois votes!

16. Model T1

Model T1

I'm also not into politics but sometimes these comments deserve comments............So-----------:D
    What's being an American got to do with Presidents ?:confused:

17. olderone

olderone

I Am With YOU ALL 150%

18. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Cant vote in your election. Edsel has something in common with your politicians...Hes dead, they are brain dead.

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D The best political bumper sticker I ever saw said:"Don`t reelect ANYONE".
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

20. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

What's amazing is if it wasn't for him where would we be as hot rodders. Better yet as a nation. If he didn't do what he did maybe we would never had the industrial revaluation or as a whole not be interested in metal and the ways we use it. So maybe when you have the next beer thro it up and give cheers to him and the only Detroit 3 that didn't take a bail out! He's got my vote!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. austinhunt

austinhunt

Nobody cares about Alaska, but I'll hop in the boat anyway!

22. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

I forgot to mention that back in those days(Edsel day) the president was picked by ideas not money and corporate buy offs. You know when people actually had a voice:/ ok I'm done!

23. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well... as my Grandfather always said "No matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in".
    Edsel, Obama, or Newt Gingrich's Moon Colony ain't gonna make a catalytic converting smog of a difference. It's the whole bloated system that's gotta go, where by under-productive workers earn 'better than' wages and are proud to declare it.
    I know at the end of the day I can say that I fixed or built someone's something or other for the love of it, can you?
    Perhaps then, Jive-Bomber... Edsel did too!

24. eddie1

eddie1

So what you are saying is that a 69 year old corpse would make a better president than the current choices?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  25. deto

deto

This thread is walking the line...

26. Tobey56

Tobey56

Definitly!!! Got my vote.

27. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Edsel For d president