Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 18, 2012.

1. violet springs

violet springs

Thanks Ryan, I've had good success selling parts on the H.A.M.B. Classifieds.

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I just checked out an ebay link. I found a Verizon commercial side bar. I get it. Why was I being so selfish. Please forgive me and my pals.

3. "BTT", "still got it", "not sold yet" ..... cool!

I see these changes as great improvement ... will the new system kick in the "has been read" icon when it is brought forward if it has been opened by the reader in the past? .... now that would really be neat.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

HAHA. Joke is on you. When you catch it, let me know and I'll switch ya back.

I kill me.

5. Ryan,
    I don't think this was brought up before.
    How about making it easier for the OP to delete an ad when the item is sold......I have run across numerous ads that the OP has posted at the end, SOLD, please delete this ad.

6. Westco48

Westco48

Its simple...if you dont like the ebay forum...wait for it...DONT FREAKING CLICK ON IT!!! i dont get the whining about it

7. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Really ? ….. For finally doing the obvious?

8. skipperman

skipperman

From someone that has been 'round these parts since Germ and the boys .............. the Fearless Leader does it AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIVA LA HAMB !!!!

....... jersey Skip

9. 53chevy

53chevy

Sounds good, how about an expiration for ads? How many times you see ads one or more years old and a guy replies: "You still have it?" Though that would not be a problem with replies, but just thinking out loud. A more robust system would be nice, yeah I know, the proverbial saying, time and money.

Ken

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Of course, I can always rely on you to bitch about something... :)

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Reduction of Moderating hours, Can I get severence pay ?
    Rashy's been gone for three months, must have seen the light before me and hit the road. ;)
    My emails just went from 30 a day to about 6 total from our regular cool guy bitchers.

30 to 6 a day - Know what that means boss more time for ? Road trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll call you obout that ride we talked about - different idea than before and run something by you.

Change looks good.
    Ebay - BETA Yea and see what happens

12. Sounds good to me!

13. metal man

metal man

That's a very nice! I give two thumbs up!

Attached Files:

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Not ….. outstanding move my friend :)
    I will go look at the nice no BS ad's now

15. Congrats in advance Ryan! Hope all goes very well for you, your Mrs. and the new one...
    (How's that for hi-jacking a thread?)

This change for the classified sounds great!

16. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

GREAT IDEA. If I read "PM sent" one more time I'll puke

1. Users can no longer reply to classified ads. The original poster can still reply to their own ad (and bump it every 3 days), but you lawless thugs that have been dirtying up the ads for over a decade can no longer do so. Instead, if you have a question or want to make a purchase, you will have to send the seller a private message. Tough shit, right?

17. 117harv

117harv

I would like to add another suggestion that will make the adds better. When a member brings his add back up, please delete the preivious BTT. I see adds with two or more pages of BTT's. Maybe i'm just nit picking, but some of the BTT's include a price drop too, sometimes several. If you are lowering the price, edit the origonal post so we don't have to scroll down through all of them to see the new current price...just a thought.

Yes, thanks Ryan for the new improvements.

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

PM sent ;). JK
    Great idea!!!

19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Promises - promises.......

haha

20. Hence my suggestion that once a person opens and reads an ad then a icon makes him aware he has already read that particular ad, (and not interested in the item) ... no matter how many times it is BTT.

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I'll take it...........PM sent.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Oh wait, wrong side...........I like the new system. I can't imagine the PM's (PMS) that you guys get. I have had a few myself from guys that have registered in the last 2 years that chew me out for thinking I was a 'mod' & I deleted their post or call me "names" thru PM's for my replies.

Chris

Oh yea, I hate to say it..........but, when I first read the email/post about the change I was hoping that it was a change for only "Alliance members" to sell in the classifieds. I see alot of 'freeloaders' that sell over there and don't put an auction/give back over on the HAMB.

23. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

24. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Sounds and looks like a winner! Thanks!

25. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I've always thought that it would be really cool to just search what's new in the Classifieds by area. Especially in So Cal where there's a lot of stuff. I could just hop in my truck and go get it. I'd rather not look through stuff that's in another state.

And yeah, post at least one picture for cryin' out loud. Just about everybody's got a camera in their pocket these days. When someone doesn't bother to post a photo, I'm not inclined to bother inquireing about what they're wanting to sell.

Oh...and I like the changes too. It'll streamline things a bit.

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

27. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Opps thanks but no confusion that I have a N.Y. corporate job for 30 years - didn't lose that job - thankfully.

I Meant with new set up Moderating time and emails reduced went from 30 a day to about 6 total. I'm still around and handling report emails as usual - just now more time to look at HAMB more. :)

Cob

28. slammed

slammed

Local pick-up only. WTF Friday! How about if you can not ship, do not list here.

29. Nice. One semi-related thought:

The JJ App for iPhone needs work in the classifieds section. The App doesn't show the price and location fields. So, if the price or location is not in the text of the ad, it's not visible.

Just a small thing, but I find about 80-90% of the time I'm on the HAMB is on my phone.

30. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

I know from experience that some things are big and heavy enough to where the shipping is more than the item is worth sometimes. I was selling a pair of door panels for a friend on ebay, and when the buyer found out shipping was $90 (HUGE box) he backed out of the deal. I didn't blame him.