Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bert Bloomquist Images part 6: Last Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 28, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The Modified with the chrome grille shell and 16" Wire Wheels is my cup of tea! Thanks!

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That '29 on deuce rails here...

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the guy in the plaid is still going to shows and walking in front of people who are trying to take pictures. I see him at every show I go to.

[​IMG]

5. Jive-Bomber Jay (& Baron Von Mike) ... I've really enjoyed this "Bert Bloomquist Images" series ... thanks a ton for sharing Bert's Brownie photos with us!

49ratfink ... I'm 99% sure the "guy in plaid" in the Bloomquist photo and the "guy in plaid" that always walks in front of you is HAMBer 32 Barn Car (aka Z.Diddy) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

... sorry Bob, I couldn't resist :)

6. Thanks, Jive-Bomber for sharing these amazing photos.

I wonder if anyone in the L.A. area has access to the No-Name Club's archives of speedway racing from the '30s-40s? I saw the films (16mm) back in the '70s and only hope they haven't been lost to eternity.

7. please tell me there is more. even if you are lying.;)

8. froghawk

froghawk

Oh, man, this is some cool stuff... maybe I'm just having a chopped top kinda day, but that hammered Chev coupe in pic #4 and that deuce roadster in shot #1 (would sure like to have a closeup of the dash and steering on that puppy!) are getting me hot!

Can't thank you enough for sharing these photos.

9. Maybe the guy in plaid was already couched taking a photo??

I'm going to have withdrawals now this is the last installment

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's possible... Mr B did not take a lot of time on composition in his pictures.

11. autobilly

autobilly

Maybe "the power of the HAMB" can identify and locate him so we can see his pic's too!:D

12. Gaters

Gaters

Great shots. Thanks for continuing to share this collection of rarely seen photos.

13. Rikster

Rikster

Thank you for the series of photos... I have enjoyed very much... every one of them!

It surprises me that postings like this do not stay on top of the board for weeks. These historic shots are such an important part of history! And besides that such a joy to look at!

I hope there will be many more postings like these...

Thank you!

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

Hopefully Bert will allow them to be put in a book.I'd buy it.

15. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Ric, I agree with you. I just returned from Santa Maria where there was a lot of original old customs and hot rods. Most have been re-done but a few are still wearing their original paint.

Seeing these old photos reminds me that this is where it all started. A lot of us forget about the origins of the whole thing today but seeing these photos it is clear that we are all just following in the footsteps of these guys when building our cars.