Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features pics East coast hot rods

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 31modelo, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Here's another I found while looking for something else.
    [​IMG]

EVL401 likes this.
  2. hoop

hoop

Richie that is Billy Sexton`s 34,he used to drag race it in the 60`s,sat way up in the front on a straight tube axle and had a 409 in it. The amazing thing I thought was he never cut the firewall for any engine he put in it. That is a very large cubic inch big block know.

3. Yes sir Hoop!
    Here is an absolutely horrible picture of Animal's car from "Way back when"
    I apologize for the quality but you can almost kinda sorta get the idea...
    [​IMG]

EVL401 likes this.
  4. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Its hard to believe that he was talking about getting rid of it.

5. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

WOW where did u find the pic Richie?

6. Do you have any info on the blue 33-34 in your group of pics?

7. You know, I think that was in a stack of stuff the guy I refer to as my "hot rod mentor" once gave me.
    That picture and a picture of the Norm Wallace car with a top on it which I have to scan.
    The guy who gave it to me, oddly, considers Animal his "mentor".

8. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Richie= those are great pictures got any more?

9. "O" man... don't gt me started with pictures of Andy's car... I will be up all night

Attached Files:

EVL401 and Stogy like this.
  10. another

Attached Files:

11. 1 more old one

Attached Files:

12. Dirtyest,

No I don't know him :(. Would like to meet him though. I really love the car he made, and I hear he has built all kinds of nice cars. Got to see the Golden Rod up close and personal though with Skip and it was a very cool experience.

I know he is still in Jersey, maybe I can meet you (finally) and we can see Jack.

13. Didn't know we were posting new East Coasters too.....

A couple of The Shadow's cars, and one bitchen' sedan!

The rear of that blue coupe that I have never been able to get a good shot of!

Attached Files:

14. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Kassa's Coupe was friggin awesome when it was blue with the 32 shell, here's one of ours built in 59

[​IMG]

EVL401, hfh, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  15. Me too

In Pink ,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files:

16. The " A" looks sweet

Attached Files:

17. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

My truck is chaneled no chop. I drive it to showes 350 miles away

18. I've got a bunch of stuff floating around Don...now that I have access to a scanner I'll be able to post more of it both here and on the blog thing....
    Here's a few more pictures that will probably be too big.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure how "old" of a car this is but I've been seeing it around since the 80's....I think this picture is from 99?
    [​IMG]
    I don't remember much about this one other than it was from CT and maybe in Cool Cars & Square Rollbars somewhere?
    [​IMG]

Stogy and T-roaster like this.
  19. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

The Neumann Roadster on the cover of a mini mag
    [​IMG]

And the essential book documenting the
    New England hot rod /drag racing scene in the 50's
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. The car was originally a fenderless roadster and was built by Fred Manning of Saugus,Massachusetts around 1954.After driving it that way for a couple years,he decided he wanted a coupe.He used the top from(I believe)a 32 3-window.The car had a set of side curtains made for it that snapped in.The rear fenders were made from two sets of 34 fenders and the rolled pan was made from the top of an early Chevrolet sedan.The running boards tapered into the body toward the rear and were molded to the body.It had a 1935 Ford truck grille shell sectioned to fit and the insert was made of welding rod painted silver.There was a top hood section only.It originally was built with a flathead but somewhere along the way Fred installed a 1951 Olds engine while retaining the 40 Ford transmission(with column shift)and 2-speed Columbia rear end(which never worked right).

When my cousin Dick(Manley)acquired it in 1959 the body was painted a dark non-metallic maroon and the top was white.The Olds engine had the original single two barrel carb and it stuck through a hole in the hood.Dick installed a three carb manifold which meant the hood couldn't be run and painted the car the metallic blue shown in the picture.I believe it was a Chrysler color.

The interior consisted of a maroon and white rolled and pleated seat back with boat cushions on the floor.There were matching door panels but no headliner(no room).It was a very uncomfortable car to drive and/or ride in.Dick was about 5'7" and barely fit behind the wheel.I was 6'1" and could not.

Dick had the car for several years before trading it off for a chopped 53 Studebaker coupe with a 352" Packard engine.A guy named Richie Roche from Quincy(I believe)got it and then it went to a guy in Reading named Mike Blount who was president of the Iron Horses motorcycle club.I asked Mike once where it went after that but he couldn't recall.

I've been trying to get my cousin to send me some of his old picture albums for some time now.He has a picture of the car when it was a roadster.He had quite a few cars among them the old Eldon Sidebotham car that Dave Simard owns and the old Norm Wallace car currently owned by Larry Hook.

Here's a couple of pictures of the Sidebotham car when Dick owned it;one with the hood on(which was rarely done since it tended to overheat)and one without.Also a picture of the Norm Wallace car when Dick owned it around 1970.The only way I can date it is that it had the name,"My Deuce Too" on the side which was soon replaced by,"Big Boy's Toy".Sorry for the lousy pic;it was made from a picture that was sent to me .Taken at New England Dragway in the summer of 1970.I'm riding shotgun.

Attached Files:

22. Paul B

Paul B

The gold roadster belongs to don gallant from dons speed shop here in newington conn.

23. Neuman rules!

24. thesupersized

thesupersized

awesome thread...gotta love Kassa's coupe, got any pictures of it with the t-bird that used to tow it around with matching paint??

25. Jeez...Ray, have I mentioned lately that I am glad you are here?
    It's like have a local encyclopedia....only.....in Michigan!
    Here's a few of a car with "the look"...although I know nothing about it other than the pictures are from the Ty-rods show when it was still in Hudson but moved to Sunday.
    1999? 2000?
    I"ll save you all my bitching and whining about radial tires and rear end width.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EVL401 likes this.
  26. And another; the Cyclops in purple. (Not my favorite version of Andy's car)

Attached Files:

27. Here's the Bird

Attached Files:

28. 31modelo

31modelo

Heres a back shot of a sedan that I really like.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  29. 231ramona

231ramona

Do you know if the roadster was in Frankfort, Kentucky in 1975? It looks just like one Jack Burch had. It had chrome reverse and moons and chrome stock exhaust manifolds. It really turned me on at the time. Still does.

30. bustin ass to get it done for detroit...id like to think that its east coast styled...354 chrysler with six strombergs...nerf bar out back...some candy purple paint and a black diamond tuck interior...gettin there...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EVL401, WC145, mytea and 1 other person like this.