Register now to get rid of these ads!

GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by ChrisBlattie, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

Let me introduce myself again (my original thread died in the HAMB crash of August 2011).....

My name is Chris and i'm a 15 year Master Glassman in Billings, MT. I have specialized in cutting, shipping and installing glass for hot rods since 2005 and take an extreme amount of pride in my glasswork. I have a nearly complete set of NAGS (National Auto Glass Specifications) patterns that go from the early 30's clear through the mid 60's.

I cut my glass by hand, starting with sheets of glass that are 6' x 10', then I seam and polish any exposed edges with my wet seamer, in various stages, ending with a cork belt which polishes the edges to a "jewelry" quality. I think my glass is beautiful, and i'm absolutely sure you will too!

Ordering from me is very easy! You can either send me a PM, an email, or just gimme a call or text me on my cell phone @ 1-406-690-6467. If I don't get to your call, please just leave me a message and a phone number to call you back on, I WILL get back to you asap! I use my phone a lot for answering PM's and emails and am usually very quick at responding.

I can do tempered safety glass too!! I have the great luxury of having a glass tempering facility close enough to my shop I could almost throw a rock and hit the place! I can usually get the order cut and back from the temperer within a few days so my turn around time is pretty quick!

Here's a quick lesson on glass types...
    Laminated Glass- this is what all windshields are made out of, even nowadays, and up until the mid 60's, all the side glass on cars was laminated as well. Laminated glass is made up of 2 layers of thin glass with a layer of plastic like stuff in between the sheets. It's just a hair under 1/4" thick altogether and will get cracks, but usually keeps its structural integrity and stay in place.

Tempered Glass- regular ol' 1/4" plate glass that's been heat strengthened. The temperer takes the glass and gets it glowing red hot, then quenches it with cool air, making it very very strong! Its the type that when it does break, it busts into a million little tiny pieces. They used tempered glass for backglasses in cars back in the late 40's and that's why most of the old iron you see from the late 40's and the 50's and 60's still have the backglasses intact. It's strong glass!

I tend to prefer the tempered glass in the hot rods i build myself, because of that strength, you should never have to replace it again. I have had customers (and i've even done it myself) actually crack laminated pieces while trying to install them! Its easy to do on a real hot day.

Either way, you will not be disappointed in my work. I have GREEN, GRAY, BRONZE and CLEAR glass and my prices are the same for any color, any type. I keep it simple so I can focus on doing a good job rather than trying to keep track of 15 different pricing formulas!

Its all about the size of the piece and how much polishing I have to do to it, but at least you'll have some idea what it'll cost ya. Please get a hold of me if you are ready to order and i'll give you the total including the shipping. I'll also bet my prices are at or BELOW whatever your local glass guy would do it for, even with the shipping. I've been buying glass from my supplier for a long time and buy in bulk, so I know I should be competitive.

I WILL ALSO TRADE MY GLASSWORK!! (I collect all different kinds of things, i'm partial to GUITARS and musical stuff, for my outlaw country/southern rock band the Knotty Pines! but i'll look at anything as long as I don't hafta feed it) i'm also building hot rods in my spare time so can use lotsa different parts.

Lastly, I can do glass for your chop tops and customs too, I just need ya to send me some patterns. PM me if you want some pointers on how to go about making me some patterns, i'm glad to help!

I sincerely hope to earn your business and look forward to talking to ya about some GLASS!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    sarahSERENADE and ampsbad41 like this.
  2. Chris did my 29A sedan's glass.
    Great service, excellent work, good price.
    I highly recommend him.

3. Repost -

Chris was nice enough to set aside a Friday afternoon a couple weeks ago to cut and install all new glass in my project truck. I couldn't be happier with the quality or the install - top notch.

Since pics are always good

Before

[​IMG]

During

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I forgot how clear new glass is.. tough to tell from this pic that the side glass is even there

[​IMG]

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I got all my glass from Chris for My 28 Tudor a project.
    This guy and his glass is a class act. I would use him again in a heart beat. as soon as i get done messing with this A , I have a rear side glass in my 53 thats going to need to be done..Chris will get the call

Priced right, done right, great attitude.

5. gary garlock

gary garlock

got my windshield about two weeks ago and its perfect. now i'm afraid to put it in and screww it up. chris did a great job and quick. i will definately use him again

6. mow too much

mow too much

We (ol geezer) and myself each bought a set of glass for our 35 Ford pickups from Chris, you worry about glass being shipped but the way these things where packed there was no way of them being damaged. Chris was great to deal with and actually appreciated our business what a concept in a world of companies that think their doing you a favor. I highly recommend Chris for your glass needs

Roothawg likes this.
  7. 101Scout

101Scout

I bought a glass set for my '29 Model A sedan from Chris and have to say, he's a great guy to do business with. He's friendly and easy to deal with, answered all of my questions and I had my order within a week of ordering it. The shipper had evidently tossed the box out of the truck or something as one of the pieces had gotten damaged in shipping. Chris mailed out a new window right away so as not to hold my project up, at no further cost to me.

His glass work is fantastic as well. Very cleanly done, with very highly polished edges. Since then I have purchased a door glass for my '64 Studebaker from Chris that was made to the same high standards. And he had the pattern on hand! I'll definitely be using Chris in the future when I'm ready to do my '36 Chevy coupe.

Dave

Mikel j bates likes this.
  8. inline 292

inline 292

I just opened up the box of grey tint side glass for my '55 BelAir that Chris made up. Super quality & he's a really nice guy to deal with. If I should ever need auto glass again, I'll be calling for you, Chris.
    Doug

9. Got the glass cut for my 32 Fordor sedan from Chris. Turned out great and even though we had a problem he made it right at his expense.

Great guy and great communication. Will do business again...

-Ron Eldridge

Austin TX.

10. Budolson

Budolson
    from Wisconsin

Chris did the glass for 1930 2 door model A. He did he so quickly I was really impressed! That was just the beginning. He actually delivered the glass to my daughter as he was going through the city where she lives. Her address is not the easiest to find, he found it and personally delivered the glass to her!!! Now that is service! Did a great job on the glass, unbelieveable cusomer service! Saved me shipping costs at no cost to me. I typically don't give a testimony like this one to anyone, but this guy deserves it! I will be buying any and all glass needs for my vehicles from him in the future. I am truly amazed!

Bud

11. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

Chris cut the glass for my truck. He was awesome to work with and did excellent work. I wouldn't use any body else.

Ant

12. wouterftw

wouterftw

This guy's good! :cool:

[​IMG]

13. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

THANKS for posting your pic!!! I'm truly honored to have some of my work included in such a sweet lookin' Ford!! You did a great job on that car Wouter!

14. bondolero

bondolero

This guy does some of the best work I have seen. Even in larger metro areas, its getting harder and harder to get big glass shops to mess with us old car guys. Great price, high quality, and knows how to properly ship glass.

thanks
    Larry

15. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I agree Larry .... awesome work and a great price!

Thanks Chris!

16. Bluedot

Bluedot

I only happened onto this thread today, and was impressed with all the testimonials. Decided to email Chris to ask about glass for my chopped A coupe project. He replied within a couple of hours with a quote, a little more explanation about laminated vs tempered glass, and a great tutorial on how to make patterns. This man knows the meaning of customer service. He will get my business in a couple of months when the coupe is ready. Gotta lotta work to do before then...

17. hbrown

hbrown
    from austin tx

add me to the happy list!!!!

and my 40 is in the garage with a big smile on her grill.

just got my glass today and all i can say is WOW!!!

the packing should of cost more than the glass did. wrapped in padded shrink wrap, shrinked together with rubber padding and styrofoam pellets and all put in a bad ass wooden crate with a convienent carry handle. made it from the top of the world all the way down to texas in mint condition.

the glass is beautifull. the tint on the side glass and rear is perfect. the best is the polished edges. mirror smooth, unbelievable craftsmanship for a very affordable price that us poor people can afford!!!

will be ordering all the glass for my dads 37 studebaker dictator from Chris soon!!!

thanks again Chris for sharing you craftmanship with us.

howard

18. Gent's, this guy will go the extra 1,000,000 miles, and his glass looks like friggin' jewelry!!
    He ships the glass right away, packed to withstand a nuclear holocaust, and did I mention his glass looks like jewelry?

Chis is da MAN.

19. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

I WANNA GET FAMOUS FOR THIS SHIT GUYS!

I wanna be your 'go-to' guy, every last one of ya! I got a brother hamber bringin me his truck cab clear down from british columbia in a few weeks to have me chop a new windshield & backglass for him & install it!

I do work for the best of the best!!

20. roadster36

roadster36
    from Sonoma

I bought a set of glass for my '36 3-window coupe. It just arrived in perfect condition. I could not be more happy with his work.It arrived when he said it would, packed in a secure wood crate, at the price he quoted.I call on him again soon for my '34 3-window coupe. Well done, Chris, thank You - Dennis

21. I ordered glass for the 40 Coupe....its on the way. Chris has been very helpful....he knows his business.

Murph

22. cryobug

cryobug

Best glass work I have ever had done. The finish work is unbelievable

23. kustoms36

kustoms36

received my 36 windshield in a bullet proof package,nice work very good communications top on my list!!!thanks chris

24. Use this guy! he is a pro. Full set of glass in my 51 Chevy pickup turned out great. think I will make a work bench out of the shipping crate he made.

25. Chris did the side and back glass for my '34 5-window. Nice stuff. Fit well and the finish on the edges was great. As mentioned above, the packaging is first-rate also.

I'll be getting the glass for my sedan from Chris when that project gets further along.

26. blakcat2

blakcat2

Received my glass from Chris today, excellent service, excellent packaging and excellent product and price. Will use again and again. Thanks Chris

27. pspiak

pspiak
    from upstate ny

received my glass for my model a pickup-Chris is the man anyone needing glass give him a try you wont be disappointed-Phil-troy ny---he knows how to ship glass!!!!!

28. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Just received windshield glass for my 50 Merc Coupe. Bulletproof packaging and outstanding service!

Well Done Chris! You have my repeat business.

29. johnc451

johnc451

I am installing the glass set I got from Chris for my 40 Ford. PERFECT!!!! As a kid in college in the 60's I had the good fortune to work in the glass business and learned from old world trained German and Italian craftsman. When I opened the incredible box Chris sent the glass in and looked at his work, I knew immediately this guy is the real deal. A good man to work with and glass edges polished to perfection--the kind of craftsman you always hope to find. John

30. krusin

krusin
    from ga

Chris cut all the glass for my 36 four door sedan tinted and tempered,clear laminated windshield, it looks great super nice on the edges.can't wait to install it, GREAT JOB-FAST SERVICE Thanks again Chris
    Skip KRUSIN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.