Register now to get rid of these ads!

Correct Jet Size for a 600 cfm Edelbrock?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 51special, Apr 8, 2007.

1. 51special

51special

Just a quick question...I'm running a 307 Chevy in my '51 Buick, and a while back I threw on a 4 bbl 600 cfm Edelbrock. Since I've had that carb on there, it just hasn't run right. The carb was new out of the box. It's always run really rich,so what I figured is maybe I should change out the jets to lean it out? Does anyone know what size jets come with an Edelbrock 600 out of the box, and what jet size would best suit a 307 SBC? I'm not really concerned about horsepower, I just want to lean it out a bit. Thanks!

-Julian

2. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

If its a 1405 or 1406 (elec choke version) start here : remove the primary jets (should be .098) and set them aside. Take the secondary jets ( should be .095) and move them to the primary spots. Install a .092 in the secondaries. Then use your stock 7547 metering rods with an orange spring under the holder. (buy a spring kit) Turn both idle mixture screw all the way in to seat lightly then open them 1 full turn only. Should be a pretty close start. Pm me if you got questions.

3. You should repost this on the main board,not the "NEW TO THE HAMB" board.You will get far more coverage.:D

4. 51special

51special

Cool. Thanks for the response. I didn't realize I posted in the "New to the HAMB" section. Guess I shouldn't post when I'm about to fall asleep! Haha! thanks.