Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did Elvis drive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Apr 14, 2009.

1. slammed

slammed

2. Pat Marshall

Pat Marshall
    from ohio

3. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I think he owned a purple 71 Mark III too.

4. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Saw this at the National Automobile Museum here in Reno Nevada today.
    1973 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe owned and personally driven by Elvis Presley.
    It was a gift from his father Vernon.

[​IMG]

5. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

i think Street Rodder did a write up on this roadster. Elvis loved this little roadster that was rented for the movie He used it several days both during shooting and off the set. He tried to buy it but the owner/builder refused to sell! While using the car the drivers door got damaged Elvis pulled 500$ out of his pocket and gave it to the owner for repairs I think the owner said the damage totaled 50$!

6. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

That would be the delivery truck he drove before doing his first recordings he actually drove it to record his first record which he made for his mother "That's alright momma"

7. sbakar

sbakar

Elvis had been on the Steve Allen show on July 1, 1956 and the show got top rating over the Lincoln-sponsored Ed Sullivan Show. So, on July 12, Ed Sullivan, who had previously said that he wouldn't touch Elvis with a 10-foot pole, announced that he had hired Elvis for three appearances.

During the afternoon of July 21 Elvis headed for downtown Memphis in his yellow 1954 Cadillac Eldorado convertible. Arriving back to his house about an hour later he was driving a brand-new Lincoln Premiere. The car had a wisteria purple bottom and a white top. He had traded in his '54 Cadillac. "Just warying my interests," Elvis said.

Fans soon got ahold of the Premiere and covered it in red lipstick love notes. Two weeks later, on August 4, Elvis traded in the Premiere for a Continental Mark II. He supposedly put more miles on the Mark II than any other car he owned and it was parked under a carport out back at Graceland when he died.

He also had a 1960 Lincoln custom limousine by Hess & Eisenhardt. Also shot of him in a 1958 Lincoln Continental convertible.

Attached Files:

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]

1956 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - Elvis Presley Automobile Museum Graceland, Memphis, This Cadillac is a great example of the
    indiviuallity that established Elvis as a cultural icon. Bought in 1956, the car was originally white. Elvis had it painted purple and
    had the interior customized to his taste.

9. That purple caddy is one of my favorite cars ever. I went to graceland 3 or 4 years ago and did the whole tour of his house and his planes and the auto museum. Pretty awesome.

10. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

11. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

I think the movie with the roadster was called "Loving You" from 1957. Also I think the roadster started life as a coupe or possibly a sport coupe and it had a 239ci Merc.

12. Ga66mopar

Ga66mopar
    from Ga