Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did Elvis drive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Studebaker of course!

3. I would love to see this car in detail!

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i would like details on this car? (above) anybody..... anybody my foot!! what am i thinking.i know there is info on the hamb, or somebody here that knows . the hamb is the wikipedia of hotrods.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Not driven,.... but this would be his last ride !
    [​IMG]

Yeah,.... I know,...... I'm sorry :D

6. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

1960 Cadillac Limo by George Barris now at Nashvilles country music hall of fame..
    I took a bunch of pics of this back in high school...

[​IMG]

7. Larry T

Larry T

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]

The 1960s car Elvis is best known for is this ’60 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine - customized inside with a phone, refrigerator, shoe buffer, RCA ten-record player, swivel tv, tape deck and more. Forty coats of paint containing dust from pearls, diamonds, and fish scales were applied to the exterior. Hubcaps, headlights, and grille pieces were all plated with 24 karat gold. Elvis used it until the mid-‘60s after which the RCA Corporation purchased it for use as a successful promotional tool for years. In the late ‘70s it was donated to the Country Music Association Hall of Fame in Nashville.

[​IMG]

9. How about the rare British Elva in Viva Las Vegas?

[​IMG]

10. steelwoolghandi

steelwoolghandi

I thought he road a spaceship for his last ride??? wasn't he abducted by Aliens or did my parents lie to me as a kid????

11. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

he drove this one for a while

Attached Files:

• per.jpg
      per.jpg
      File size:
      8.3 KB
      Views:
  12. autobilly

autobilly

Check out this old thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416854

13. autobilly

autobilly

Thanks Paul, that is very cool!

14. There were at least a couple of T-birds in the mix. There's one shot of him sitting in a '56 in LA some time in that year, but it's not confirmed that it was his car - he had a Continental Mark II around the same time as well. It is know that he did own an early '62 T-bird Sports Roadster, purchased in Memphis (I'm still trying to get the VIN/data plate info for this car and any/every '50s-'60s T-bird out there, BTW). Story goes that one of his entourage was driving it hard around LA/Hollywood in late '61 and caused one of the Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels to collapse. The publicity that came out of this episode, according to an engineer at K-H I spoke with in '94 while researching my first T-bird history book, caused Ford to recall/replace the early wire wheels with replacements with heavier spokes. I'm still trying to hunt down newspaper articles on this to document when it happened.

Supposedly he had ordered a '63 T-bird convertible/Roadster in Sahara Rose (pink) but canceled the order, although a factory gate release/invoice is reported to have his name and a Memphis Ford dealer assigend to it for delivery. There were a few Lincoln Mark IIIs/IVs in the mix as well.

At least you can't say Elvis was a one-marque man.

15. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

16. He drove whatever he felt like driving---he was and still is the King of Rock & Roll. He had a white 1956 Lincoln Mark II that he bought new and let his teenage girlfriend Pricilla drive to school. I think it's in a museum somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  17. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

hilarious!!:D

18. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

Spinout = 427 Cobra

19. SIC98

SIC98

That white 63 Rivi is sweet, I didn't know he had one, nice. Also, the 67 Black Eldo from the 68 comeback special entrance was sweet...Brian

20. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

In the beginning when Elvis broke into serious dough, he was all Caddy, of course. Then he started toying with lots of makes, plus bikes. It IS true that he briefly owned a '56 or '57 Continental Mark II. And he appears (in uniform) in a T-Bird or Lincoln on the cover of one of the albums issued while he was away in Germany. He was also photographed in '57 on a movie set leaning on a '57 Imperial. I'll have to dig for pix, though.

Bottom line: Cars and bikes were a diversion or hobby for him.

21. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Elvis was a prisoner of his fame,, and Tom Parker. I've read alot and the King was a generous kind man who was manipulated like a marionette by a greedy control freak.
    He had nice cars, pretty women and a nice house, and he never forgot his roots.
    I wouldnt trade with him for anything. Then or now.
    BTW, those sammiches are fanfriggintastic!!!
    "Hey kids, were havin Elvis Sammies fer dinner" Always gets the neighbor kids over too. I had one Mom sign a waiver. Her kid ate 4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

22. slim tempo

slim tempo

I remember the Honda Super Hawk he rode in "Roustabout". Made me go out and buy a motorcycle and date old ladies.

Attached Files:

23. roughneck424

roughneck424

I burned down a 63 Cadillac Limo on the side of the road.
    Thought I was Elvis when I was running around in Indonesia. :p

24. slim tempo

slim tempo

So did Leslie Nielsen

Attached Files:

25. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Yeah, Czuch, you're the only person on earth I've ever heard say just what I think about Elvis.:cool: Elvis didn't mismanage HIMSELF.:rolleyes: Somebody else did.:( I felt sorry for him then. And I feel sorry for him NOW, when younger people just believe the drivel ... and keep on repeating it on the internet.

26. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

What Elvis are we talking about?

Attached Files:

27. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

He drove any car he wanted

28. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] Oh yes indeed.