Register now to get rid of these ads!

Track Roadster pics please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stev8, Dec 30, 2007.

1. stev8

stev8

G'day all, I'm after some more pics of this car or something very similar. Preferably a good side view.Thanks

Attached Files:

• b024.jpg
      b024.jpg
      File size:
      72.2 KB
      Views:
  2. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

3. stev8

stev8

Thanks. I searched 'track roadsters" and saw that but, call me fussy, I was really hopeing for some shots of this particular car....along shot I know but you never now your luck!!

4. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I don't have any pics of that one...but, here's a few from California for inspiration. Enjoy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Your original pic, as well as at least one of the others here, have details that point to Darrell Zipp. Look here: http://www.zippermotors.com/

He is an outstanding craftsman, and great guy.

6. Some of my favorites.....

Attached Files:

7. Stev8, I believe that particular car was featured in an issue of rodders digest. I think it's an Arkansas car. I think I have a series of pics I took a couple of years ago at a Fort Smith rod run. I'll see if I can find them.

8. I'll try to post these from a jump drive, hope it works. Nice car! I have one or two more if you want them.

Attached Files:

9. Not to be pissy, but if you want pictures of modifieds ask or search for modifieds. Track roadsters are a different category . Although they are similar, they are different in purpose, looks and chassis design. Modifieds generally were dry lakes or salt flat cars. Track roadsters generally were oval track cars. I think the distinction gets blurred a lot though.

Charlie

10. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Charlie, I totally agree with you.
    I'm building what I consider to be a modified roadster.
    1940's early 50's is my goal.
    Short wheelbase,cut down and hopped up.

Norton

11. dodgedartgt

dodgedartgt
    from SW FL

Sanford, do you have any other pics of the 7th one down?
    Mike Bynum

12. dixiedog

dixiedog

Here is one from the Turkey Rod Run this and last year, one of my favorites - naturally I am such a Gomer that I only got a pic of the front end set-up

I do want to know more about that orange one - what kind of motor does it run

Attached Files:

13. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

HAMB'er - 'DODGEDARTGT' wanted to see more pics of this one...

These were taken at the L.A. Roadster's Show in Pomona, CA in June of 2006.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Well, just one more time...

[​IMG]

15. dodgedartgt

dodgedartgt
    from SW FL

Thanks Sanford, that thing is just too cool. Does anyone know who it belongs to? I'd love to learn more.
    Mike

16. Belongs to my friend Eric from Ft Smith, AR. I took these pictures at the Delta River Crusing event at Sam's Town in Tunica. Pictures show the rod as it is now; with the number on the door and a raging dragon radiator cap.

Eric used a Zipper body and frame.

Attached Files:

17. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Mine, with the wooden mock up wheels. Just finishing wiring and have new Wheelsmith wires with Firestone dirt tires mounted. As soon as I get it on the ground I'll post some updated pics.

Attached Files:

18. A Boner

A Boner

KQQL HOT ROD..........any build pic's?

19. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

The car you're refering to, is the old Chester Osgood '26 'T' built in the late '40's. According to the book 'HOT ROD MILESTONES' it's currently owned by John Koehnke. I thought it was owned by Don Orosco, until I checked it out in by book. I've recommended this book before, here on the HAMB, and will recommend it again. It features 25 historical Hot Rods that have been restored to their original glory, all in color! It's written by Ken Gross & Robert Genat. This book can be purchased sight unseen without even flipping through it...it's that good. The article about this car is 6 pages of type and color photos. If my scanner was working, I'd scan in some more pics.

[​IMG]