Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBer RoadApple and CHURCH creator NEEDS prayers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, Sep 20, 2006.

1. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Just got this message from John Drummond from Goodguys-

"Our dear friend Coby Gewertz, founder and head designer of CHURCH – Cars Not Culture, is in the intensive care unit at the Little Company of Mary hospital in Torrance. After weeks of pneumonia and intense flu-like conditions, Coby was rushed to the hospital this past Sunday. He was diagnosed with Endocarditis, which is an infection inside the valve that goes to his heart. He has been on antibiotics to try to eliminate the bacteria growing inside the valve. It is a very serious condition. The bacteria has gotten into his blood stream. The Gewertz family found out last night that Coby will have to undergo heart surgery to replace the infected valve (possibly as early as Monday or Tuesday) but they have to get the bacteria infection under control first. Please send him a note or some flowers. He’s the most humble kid around and would probably be pissed knowing I sent this out, but he’s in a fight here and could use the good mojo."

I will add the info on where he's at to send anything you would like to send him.

I know Coby and his brother Marc very well and you could not meet two nicer, more helpful guys. Usually we put these prayers out for guys a little further along in life, but Coby is a young guy just starting to make things happen- and doing great stuff with the topic we all hold most dear- hot rods.
    Thanks in advance, Jim

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

jeez...prayers sent....Coby....gawd...:(

3. Rusty

Rusty

A prayer said, Hope everything goes well

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Coby has asked that no one call for the time being as he REALLY needs his rest. Thanks Jim

5. Prayers are sent. Get better!

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He will be included in our prayers for a speedy recovery...............

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

It just hit me extra hard that I just looked down and saw that I'm wearing a CHURCH shirt today! Get well Coby!!!

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That's awful. Bacterial is a nasty nasty thing. Get well Coby. you have my prayers!

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

Get well soon!

When this gets to be a bunch of pages long- someone print it out and bring it to him.

10. tooslow54

tooslow54

Get well Coby! You're in my prayers.

11. TINGLER

TINGLER

This is terrible news.

How does something like this happen? :(

Coby, GET WELL SOON!

12. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I'll wear my Church shirt today to honor and to think about him.

13. 53burb

53burb

For all the HAMB brothers and sisters here. I just got off the phone with Coby. My persistance payed off after the 1st nurse said he is not allowed calls. He sends out his thanks to all that know about this and that he will post as soon as he gets through this and lets all of us know how he is recovering . I told him that he still has alot to offer in the hot rod community on top of the kool stuff that he has done so far. "VIVA La HAMB". I was wearing the auction shirt that my girl won(piratevixen) for me last night at badbobs Tuesday get together that has momentumfoto' truck (sold) on it. All our prays are with ya "ROADAPPLE" Church.......Cars not Culture! KNUX! 53burb and PirateVixen

Attached Files:

14. slim53

slim53

Get well soon and strong. My prayers are with you........

15. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Coby, I hope this prayer finds you on the mend. Hope you get well soon !

41 Dave

16. octane

octane
    from Virginia

I don't know Coby, but wish him well. My best friend since the fourth grade, Greg, had this condition and had the heart valve surgery almost two years ago. He's a big, strong 32 year old guy - never know anything was wrong looking at him til he started having chest pains and difficulty breathing.

Anyhow, long story short, he had the surgery, and now is healthy and playing with his kids again. First few months of recovery were rough, but he's better than ever now. Hang in there Coby. Lots of prayers coming your way.

17. 53burb

53burb

roadapple................................hang in their brother!!!!!!! KNUX!

Attached Files:

18. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

Coby, my thoughts and prayers go out as well. I hope all truns out well. Get well soon.

19. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

As I started to log in to reply I just realized that I too am wearing my Church shirt today.

This is awful news. My thoughts go out to him.

I hope he's well again very soon.

20. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

dude, that sucks huge!... my prayers are on the way. Get well soon Coby!

21. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

horrible news,

brings some things into perspective for me though as i am the type of person that hates going to the doctor even if there is something wrong with me, and i know there are alot of guys one here that feel the same way. i know i am going to think differently the next time something happens to me.

get better

22. I guess that makes three of us wearing the shirts today. My 2 boys go to St. Paul's and every day the school starts off with a prayer for someone in need...Hopefully 60 kids in 1st and 3rd grade will get the message to the right person. Get well.

23. Steve

Steve

damn man this sucks. Hope all goes well. I only met coby once. He stopped me on the street when he saw my car. Real nice guy. Get well soon Coby.

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

OMG! He emailed me last week saying he hadn't been feeling well. Shit!

25. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. kempkustom

kempkustom

I'm a big fan of his mag, and I really dig his shirt designs. here's hoping for a quick recovery!
    dominic

27. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Coby,

Hang in there buddy!, we're all pulling for you. Prayers are on the way. Get well soon man.

Thor

28. synthsis

synthsis

i'll go home and flip through my hand-numbered first edition of Church tonight.

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Shit best of luck Coby... hope everything goes well

30. JamesG

JamesG

Hang in there man, praying for ya.