Register now to get rid of these ads!

LustreTone '55: Vintage Indiana Drags pt 4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Great series Jay (and not just because I am from the Hoosier state). Thanks for taking the time to post!

3. silverdome

silverdome

Thanks again Jay. The pictures really help show how it was back then rather it was a fad or just one persons interpretation of what he was trying at the time.

4. Mike White

Mike White

The last pic looks like an Arfons car. rear motor aircraft power.

5. autobilly

autobilly

Merlin V16 ? (Doesn't look like an Allison.)
    [​IMG]

6. the second to last pic scared me at first view, for it looks like the exhaust pipes seem to broil the tires! even if it's an optical illusion and the track of the axle is wider than it looks like, the emission heat will not help the rear brakes stay cool, what is the explanation?

the last pic shows not only an aircraft engine, even the rear shocks look like airborne, really heavy duty! these guys were as nuts as some people today, but had the bigger balls.. :rolleyes:

wow, what pics, thanks a ton, Jive-Bomber!

Carsten

7. Kick-ass man. I love looking at pics from days gone by. I can do it for hours.... Than You for taking the time to scan and share!!!

James

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

It doesn't get much cooler than this.Thanks,Jay.

9. S.F.

S.F.

someone here on the hamb just dragged a roadster body ouf of a field that looks just like that BB-1 car with that molded section behind the drivers seat in front of the deck lid. I dont think they made a post about it, it was just in there profile pictures I was just randomly looking at

10. Thanks for scannin' 'n sharin' the pics Jay! Great reference material!!