Register now to get rid of these ads!

sitting 350 engine with water corrosion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frankie Bulldog, May 5, 2012.

1. Frankie Bulldog

Frankie Bulldog
    from Miami, Fl

Alright boys n girls, got a Question, when I found my car it had a 350 tied to a bop. 400, now the engine ain't have no carb so as it sat water got into it. When I lifted the intake manifold u see corrosion build up, is this engine salvagable or should I look for another block to rebuild?

Thank,
    Frankie Bulldog

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

like sat out in the rain or condensation? water sitting in the cylinders for any length of time is uaually the kiss of death due to pitting thats too deep to bore out.

3. I would take it apart completely and look it over carefully. If I had doubts, I'd get a machine shop to look at it as well. I'd take it there anyway for a good hot tanking.

Bob

4. Frankie Bulldog

Frankie Bulldog
    from Miami, Fl

My uncle looked at it n saw the holes of the intake "water jets" n said the engine is garbage imwaiting on my cherry picker to take it. Out and open her up right and take a better look, but icing got my stuff in the flesh to get at it, aux to work with the bare minimum

5. henry29

henry29

I have no idea what you just said.

6. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i know! i was starting to think i just was'ent hip to the lingo! it's not me, it's you!

7. WTF? I'm sorry. You completely lost me.

8. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i think it's a combination of ebonics, texting and our edulmicational system at work here. i'm gonna try it...." igota ting ta fix dat brok naw how you do it.aux?" something like that, i'm not good at it yet!