Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2010 H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. We had a blast! Thanks to everyone who makes it happen.

3. BCR

BCR

It was my first time there. Very impressed!

4. This was my 8th..never missed one. I consider this one to be the 2nd best ever! The absolute best HAMB drags was the 1st IMHO..
    Ryan, like I said to you Sunday morning on our way out of the parking lot: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for stretching your already thin schedule to do this...and Marcie, the girls, event helpers etc etc. WOW!
    When I'm 97 and sitting quietly in my wheelchair close to the window.....know that grin on my face is because I'm recalling and reliving last weekend.

5. Muttley

Muttley

Yesterday was my Daughters first day of high school, so only a few more years until I'll be able to attend................HAMB Drags 2014 or bust.

6. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, some day I'll get there. Hell, I might even attempt a 51 second pass in the 3/4 ton. I always look forward to the photos every year and wish I had gone. Some day.

7. C300

C300
    from Wa.

I soo Agree ! Gotta finnish the Evel Little Project first, Long Drive. I mean drive, not trailer... Plan on melting some tar though

8. Smooth this year, I've done 6 of them and this year seemed the best. Thanks!

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

What a blast ! Ryan and crew Yall rule !

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Ryan, we had a blast! The Friday night tech, Hanging out in the parking lots both Friday and Saturday night, meeting and visiting with lots of cool people, and the hot racing action at MoKan. This is my high point of the summer. You've done great things here, Ryan.

11. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I hadn't been to the HAMB Drags since '03!...had a great time...thanks!

12. I loved every thing about it this year. This was the first time I had run my old truck and also the first time I had run down a drag strip since 1967. I had a lot to learn but I had a ball. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do this.
    Later,
    Dick

13. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Great time as always,THANKS!

14. ryno

ryno

been since 05
    best one yet
    thanks and you guys did a awesome job.

don't think anything could have been better, except for the asshole that blew apart Robert's door, but that has nothing to do with the structure of the event, just one bad apple that needed to be dealt with.

15. Great time again, the pre register was great, the host track is always great! Thanks to all who did the work to make it happen. It takes a lot of planning and luck to pull off an event of this size. I only wish we could have a area for the period cars not racing to gather in away from the daily drivers/beaters. Thanks again!

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I had a great time and was treated VERY well by Ryan and Marcie. Thank you for everything.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

HUGE thanks to Ryan and his crew for another job well done.
    When I rolled up to the track at approx 10am and there was absoultley no line I said to myself, yep this pre-registration and arm band thing worked wonders. Congrats! I had a BLAST. Its my favorite event of the whole year!

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What a great time! Thanks a ton to everyone that worked to make this happen...

Malcolm

19. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Out of the 5 I've been to, this year was the best for me ( the year it rained and we all partied under the motel awning is a close second) I think the pre-reg. made a huge difference. Thanks for another great event. Gary

20. We had too much fun. I don't know if anyone knew they were witnessing the race for the "Worlds Fastest Spam Skinner" but Dilusi and I raced 4 times. I won't say who won, but we found out the Spam Skinnerz aren't all that fast. next year we will be!

Thanks all you guys, you made it great!

[​IMG]

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

it was BITCHIN'... the event of the year. I had fun. The Vagabonds served out over 150 Brats on Friday night, special thanks to GV for manning the grill, Ryno for the grill. The Yay-Hoo's for being buds. Man I want to do it again next month. Though I need to find that 2 seconds I lost from last year.

22. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i hear there is good bbq out that way and i need to take some vacation next year. would like to see this thing live.

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

It was dreamy...

24. I've been to each one and every year I feel honored to be included. What an awesome weekend with awesome folks! Thanks to all of you!!!

25. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

What a difference a year makes! This was my third in a row to witness and I must say it was very well organized and well played out. The pit side was a bit calmer with just the race cars and support, I didn't even make it over to the spectator side all day. The quality of the cars was superb not to mention their ability to haul ass down the track! The sights and sounds of that place are somewhat unique and stay with me for a few days. Thanks to everyone who helped put this on and run it so well...someday I'll have something I can drive down that track.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Take the Caddy down the track, it's fun even when you go slow. Geeman and I were talking about a "fastest custom" award... ya know "get the lead out"

27. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

A great event all the way around, Fri til Sun. The quality of cars, racing and people could not have been better. Thanks!

28. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Been to all but #1, loved'em all. Whatever made it happen, this one had the laidback, no stress feel of the earlier ones for sure.

Ditto X2 on the car quality, some beautiful (and fast) iron on hand.

Kudos to all involved.

29. SLIMLEG40

SLIMLEG40
    from ENID OKLA

This was third event for Nathan and I. Had a real blast. Congrats to all of the crews.
    I really enjoyed visiting in parking lot. Met new folks and saw many great ideas.
    THANKS LARRY

30. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh man...this year is gonna be hard to beat...It is kind of a cliche to say the people make the diffrence, but they do. It is not just racing at the strip and the party in the parking lot, it is the people you do it with.

Thanks to everyone who makes it all possible. See you in a year.

-Abone.