Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. ChrisDP

ChrisDP

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

hey ChrisDP:

what is that front bumper on your 'chero?

FYI first generation camaro rear bumpers are an almost bolt on, at least some of em, not the 69 z/28 or SS i think. but the regular wrap aroun bumpers, right now i have i think a 68 bumper on the back of my wagon, and a 67
    in the attic, the 67(i think:rolleyes:) is a little thinner with more wraparound, but may be a little tight it's narrower, but perfect if you're doing bodywork anyway. i'm workin on bodywork around the bumper of mine right now, roll pan and straightening the dip under the taillights where the stock falcon bumper dips but the new bumper is straight. i'll also be narrowing the 68 bumper that's on it an inch or so, it's fine as is, no longer than the stock bumper, but i want perfect.:rolleyes:

3. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

4. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

5. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

No they weren't exact copies but the USA had Falcon based rancheros the same year they began 1960 and 60 was the same year you guys got Falcons.the OZ Falcon was American based from 60-71 and starting in 72 was the OZ exlusive model.

6. Hey Ray, I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that front bumper is off of a Plymouth Valiant--about a '65? It sure cleans up the front of that little Ranch. The Mercury bumper looks pretty slick, too. Next time I see you at a swap meet, I hope I can take some time to check out your wagon. It sounds like a kool little kar! E

7. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Falcon Ute from way back when. Still daily drivin'.[​IMG]

8. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Now this is the tits!!!!!!!.....Nice

9. ChrisDP

ChrisDP

Ray, OG lil E is correct, it's a Valiant bumper, but from a '63. I have a few Camaro bumpers as well but I don't know what years they are. The stock bumpers on '62-'63 are dumb. It makes no sense to me why the hood and the grille have a peak but the bumper is straight. The Valiant bumper is peaked but the license indendation mucks it up. I never got around to finishing the thing and I kept getting pulled over for not having a rear bumper so I stuck the stock ones back on.

[​IMG]

10. brainfrz

brainfrz

Here's mine, the current rims are going and the orginal steel capped are coming back. This post was awesome, so many ideas.

Attached Files:

11. Nice BrainFrz. The 63 1/2 are my favorites. Is there an engine in yours? It's sitting so high in the pic… What other plans for it?

12. gasit, that is the baddest falcon i've ever seen. details??????????

13. Cshabang

Cshabang

YOU GUYS SUCK...now I gotta drag my 61 comet out haha...some sweet cars posted...

14. a/fxcomet

a/fxcomet
    from Eugene, OR

WOW Gasit! I want to know all of the details. Thats too cool.

15. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Just noticed this shot of this badass.....Anymore more info, Gasit?

16. guiseart

guiseart

Holy crap - for a car some have called "too small" and "ugly", this thread sure has shown just the opposite. GREAT examples of what can be done with this sad puppy of a car... and there are plenty of them still out there ('cause they aren't Mustangs!)

17. oso64

oso64

i remember seeing that car being built years ago at a small shop in el cajon off of greenfield dr.the last time i saw it they habn't finished the pass side door and deck lid and there was no paint.nice to see it turned out bad azz. -jimmy-

18. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

The Black 63 Sprint was sitting in the pits at the Coronado Air Base Vintage races in San Diego. I dont know anything about it..other than it is a totaly Fabuloso Falcon. It was sitting there in amoungst an incredible collection of full blown Trans Am cars ,all kinds of Mustangs , Camaros, Cudas,Challengers and it stop everyone in their tracks
    I always have liked the 64 and 65s in road race trim .
    Thanks Mike Hayward for the Pics.

[​IMG]

19. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

British Tin Tops Championship circa 1965.

[​IMG]

20. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Minis, Anglias, Mustangs , Hillman Imps, Lotus Cortinas, and Vic Elford in the factory Porsche and the Flying Falcon out front and kickin butt ! Brands Hatch, Jolly Old England ,1965.

[​IMG]

21. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

I got look for pics of the '65 Rancheroo i built for myself a few years ago....351- t-5- 9 inch and more modications than i can remember

22. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

time to fire this thread up again

[​IMG]

orignl1 likes this.
  23. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

Here is a pic of my 1966 Falcon Wagon sitting beside my dad's 1966 fastback. The wagon is sporting a 390 with a C6. Finished the week before the HotRod reunion.

Attached Files:

24. jimbob

jimbob

Here's one I'm bringing home with me in a few weeks.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Attached Files:

26. This photochop came out lot's better than I expected it to.

Attached Files:

27. found this one on our last trip to the lake ,stillhave'nt tracked down the owner or price yet but this post is timely enough to put a fire under my ass.around here in the late 60'as there were several that had sbc's in em and standing TALL

Attached Files:

28. springer99

springer99

Diggin this up again
    Hi all
    Here's 1 of my old girls that was to be a daily
    Was a 1 owner little old lady special with plenty of petina
    86,000 miles on the clock
    Bought new & spent its entire life in a small town 60 miles from my home town
    [​IMG]

orignl1 likes this.
  29. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

DAM THAT WAS A FUNN CARR ,[​IMG]

orignl1 likes this.