Register now to get rid of these ads!

APB - Stolen Shoebox !!!! Need assistance!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munstergarage, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If I was making 100k a year I think I could afford a reputable shop to do a professional job on my car,in 4 years I could have a good driving car for about 30k I woudnt have to trust some guy I met in a bodywork class,because I wouldnt need to learn body work if someone was doing it for me.
    That Is IF I WAS...
    just saying

2. Brahm

Brahm

I'd like to think the same, but shit I'm a single guy w/no kids. I make a respectable income (not a 100k a year... ...yet!). I can't afford to have shops work on my cars.. Cali ain't cheap man..you should know.

Unless you want to build a car on credit..but I'm not 16 anymore either haha.

3. gammajewel

gammajewel

Business has only increased in the last year. It takes time to build up a business. He can't pay all of our money to fix his car! Three kids to send to college and to feed. I agree with you, my husband associated himself with low class and he never will again.

4. gammajewel

gammajewel

I concur!

5. gammajewel

gammajewel

I just got home. Just worked a ten hour day actually. And I apologize for cursing, I just get so upset!

6. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Is there anyone besides me that is dying to make a post, but just can't because they don't want to add drama...... :D <LOL>

7. I didnt say a finished car like show quality,Im talking running,steering,stopping at least

8. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

yup...LOL

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

You spent two of it typing replies here, but we can handle it. Apologize to the Kid pictured in the very first post of this thread for calling his family's car (thats now been cut into pieces) a "bondo'd up POS". Unconsionable and shameful!

"" My husband grosses roughly 100K annually" "Over the last year he paid Jon at least $7000 to repair the body and complete the car." "I had to pay $5000 of my hard earned money to get my husband out of jail"

You aint seen nothin yet. Wait until you see the cost of a defense attorney, court fees, fines, restitution...

Hopefully your Husband learned a lesson.

10. rld14

rld14

It's actually spelled "Motherfucking" and not "MUTHA FUCKIN"

That being said you sure as hell aren't helping things by posting on here. I mean, you just admitted that he received stolen property. Right now you need to find a defense attorney, and a good one at that.

If I were you I would stop posting in this thread. Now.

11. $100,000 isn't crap nowadays. With Mortgages, costs of food, gas , insurance, etc etc.
    Hell back in 2002 my wife and I made $120,000 and we didn't have much to show for it. Then in 2003 shit hit the fan and we went from dual income down to single income down to unemployment. That was an awakening. Now I make half that and insurance alone cost me $1490 a month. Back in 2002 I paid $920 for our mortgage and $125 for insurance. We did get our house paid off in 2002.
    So I could just imagine with a mortgage, insurance and everything else. $100,000 just doesn't go too far. It sounds like alot but once you get there, it all just dissapears. Weird?

This is why and how I learned to build engines, do bodywork, paint cars etc etc. Around here its $90 an hour for shop time. My labor is free.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  12. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

sorry but I had to do it....... The voices told me so

13. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

well at least he will sing like a canary on everyone who was involved or bought the rest of the car, to save his butt. and congratulations on the owner doing his own detective work to find his car. i hope you can get it all back

14. Im sure the OP is printing this thread on paper??

15. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

YES!!! It's extremely difficult knowing the truth since you were there first hand and not being able to say anything about it due to legal reasons!

16. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Yes.... BTW don't you work at a gas station in Baker?

17. yes I do how do I know you?

18. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I was going to Vegas last May and I stopped to get gas for my white '57 F100 that I owned at the time. You came out and took some pics of it.

19. yeah Im here I knew you was a HAMBER.
    Well anything I can do for you,Im here. too bad you dont own that nice 57.

20. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Thanks, miss the truck every now and then... But still got my Shoebox and Comet to fill in the gaps.

21. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

nail on the head!

22. zapp69

zapp69

Hope this works out for all the victims, some of whom are obvious other may have just innocently got caught up(we'll see) and some may not know that trouble is around the corner! There is likely a hard working guy building a car with bits he thought were legitimate who may get a knock on the door any day now.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

To the lady who is defending her husband, you have to understand that emotions run high on this subject. We car lovers are fed up with not being able to take our cars anywhere without the fear that some lowlife, who refuses to work as hard as we do for our stuff, will sneak up in the middle of the night and take it. This situation has gotten way out of hand and when one of these idiots does get caught we want him hung from the nearest tree. If you Husband got caught up in the middle through no fault of his own, the courts will figure that one out.

What is sickening is that I watched a show on TV the other night where the police and some investigative journalist hid some audio and video stuff in an SUV and had an undercover cop "sell it for insurance fraud" to a towing business so it could be destroyed. They had all the employees on tape talking about how many cars they steal, and in the actual act of stripping this one, and the final outcome was that they all got PROBATION ! :mad: There was a ton of evidence these guys were doing this 24-7 and all they could get them on was receiving stolen merchandise. One employee was a two time convicted car thief and he got probation too.

Our justice system sucks bigtime. :mad::mad:

Don

24. big creep

big creep

i do remember this show too. i believe it was a red blazer or something like that. is there not a saying " if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck," you know the rest. birds of a feather flock together.
    i dont feel sorry for her or her husband! i smell too much bullshit from their "VICTIM" story!

25. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

26. davidh73750

davidh73750

hats off to munyon(owner) on working through the sting and keeping your composure. I had a similar situation with tools. My shop building I rented got broke in. I made the PD report. And started to go around and put the word out. Previously guy who had walked in and asked if I'd be willing to rent out part of my building for his car club I said no. He had just rented a building not 2 blocks from mine. I go in and low and behold my kerosene heater is on! He is not there and some 19yr gal is on the computer. I just calmly walked around, surveyed the place and took inventory. I went back to PD and talked to the investigator. He knew of the guy. He said I suggest you get your tools back and let him go. He said he's up to more than this and I want to nail him on a big charge. Reluctantly I did but told him in front of the police he needed to pay $100 for the door kicked in.. He kept saying someone from his car club did it and he knew nothing of it.
    I wound up cornering him to get $100 collateral. I knew he went to prison after this.

27. Got reading this thread and missed The View.
    Damn!

28. the other me

the other me

Ok, so what did I miss? Is there anything new today? Hmmmmm.......I'm off to search craigslist!!!

29. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

30. Tonight at 8pm on "APB - Stolen Shoebox!!!!" The hottest new show on the HAMB with more drama than "The Young and the Restless" more courtroom appeal than "Judge Judy" more family shenanigans than "The Brady Bunch" and the best writing seen since Shakespeare,....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.