Register now to get rid of these ads!

APB - Stolen Shoebox !!!! Need assistance!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Munstergarage, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Sorry to hear! Looks like it was once a four door, would be a pretty hard car to disguise if someones thinking of re birthing it. Hope you find it asap!

2. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

i dont understand why people dont work for what they want and quit stealing from others(.this is why i started blocking in my cars.i left a chevelle out for a while got a phone call from a friend one night at a local pub over heard the guys at the next table talking about taking cars and he heard them talking about my chevelle.now any time i have my cars out i park another car behind them)sad part when you catch them you will probably know them.

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My guess is that the thieves stole it with the intention of repainting/retitling the car and flipping it-probably out of state.
    In their eyes, it's a running, but unfinished (primered) car ready for color of their choice. They won't need to cover some easy to I.D. color left in the jambs, etc.
    I'd be looking at 49-51's coming up for sale in neighboring states (AZ,NV) in the next several months. They may mothball it for a year and then try to unload it at their local cruise night/show w/o national advertising. That's where the HAMB comes in to play.
    It's got some body mods that they're not likely to change. Can you provide us a list of mods and also describe engine/dress up components? An engine and interior picture would help.
    My eyes are peeled in San Diego.

4. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

tell the MORON COPS that there's a pound of pot in the trunk. they'll find it in a jiffy....

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  5. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

keep doing craigslist searches but don't use the craigslist search engine, use something like this: http://www.allofcraigs.com/ i got a ton of results for "1949 ford".

6. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Here we go again......

Damn crookes

7. Bastards! I've got my eyes open in N. San Diego county. Yes, a description of mods to the car as well as interior and engine bay shots would be helpful. Enough of this crap! Let's find this guys car.

It would be nice to have a section on the HAMB we could go to see all the stolen cars in a single place without having to search for all the individual threads; like wanted posters in the post office. That way, even if a car was missing for a year we could refresh our memories on what is missing and what we should be looking for.

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm in San Diego this week. Will keep my eyes open!

9. cruiserdanb

cruiserdanb

Sorry for your loss. With the great list of details and the photos these thieves will be hard pressed to take it out and not be noticed. We'll keep our eyes peeled.

10. historynw

historynw

11. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Why no sticky? Bump

12. voodoo1

voodoo1

Nice post Kenny. Those guys better get it back on the trailer and start headed your way. We'll try and keep an eye out for it up here in the PNW. MIke

13. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

This is Bullshit man..
    dam theifs

15. Willy301

Willy301

sorry about the car Kenny, I hope you catch them...

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

It'd be nice if they'd take your offer & return it to you ... not likely , but it sure would be bitchin' !

Here's another bump to get the word out

17. post some pics of the engine compartment & the interior. i recently picked up a shoebox project and am always on the internet looking for parts. hope you get your car back

18. flynstone

flynstone

btt lets get them.....................

19. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

That's fucking bullshit man!!!!! Gonna keep my eyes open guys!!!! good luck!!

20. I will keep my eye out here in az..

21. coffeegirl

coffeegirl

I am new to the HAMB, Bit in my opinion that is really needed. If this is already here, please let me know where to look.

So very sorry, my husband always blocks our stuff in too, Plus he locks the hood with a chain or padlock. Hood comes up, but not very far.

The very best.

22. Willy301

Willy301

Bump for good luck...

23. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

x3........

24. flynstone

flynstone

should be able to chop off a finger whenever caught stealing

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Bump.....

Any news? I've seen nothing so far in San Diego, Escondido or anywhere we've been. My wife and I both notice ANY classic cars anywhere we go.

26. GEISTERFAHRER

GEISTERFAHRER

I can't do much here in Germany but I hope you find it. Bump for good measures

27. Any updates? I hate to hear this stuff.....

28. usmc72

usmc72

Hate to say this but I plan on installing All Star in my car once it is done. Plan it right and you can have the same systems that the new cars are getting from location to just shutting it down once the police are notified and they are nearby. Helps with insurance too since we never can get them insured for what our toys are really worth anyway. Extra money out of our pockets just for the ease of knowing they are safe.

29. big creep

big creep

i dont think thats available yet, i remember calling and asking and they said, only new computer controlled cars.

30. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.