Register now to get rid of these ads!

Porsche 356 "HotRod"...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Mojo

Mojo

makin my claustrophobia kick in! Must be tiny as all hell inside. Those panamerica cars are very interesting, notice how they turned the rear suspension around? Always wondered if that would work, in relation to a mid-engine ghia.

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

Mojo, the hardest part (for me) of making a VW air cooled drive train mid engine was setting the diff up on the other side of the pinion (I had a budy do it).

3. Right! that was the car I was thinking of, but couldn't find any pics.

Thanks for that. I think that it is a bit overdone, but again, to each their own. Tastes are in the eyes of the owner.

4. dart165

dart165

i think thats probably a kit... (which i have absolutely no basis for saying)
    just that an original 356 would be an expensive start to a custom project so i would assume if ya start out knowing you wanna do that kind of fab work from the start, most cats wouldnt want to be financially buried in it for life.

That said. its pretty tastfully done and the workmansship is great!

personally i dont know if i would've chopped a car with such great lines... at least not to the level of losing the true fastback look.

5. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

Love the car but what is this, some kind of lick my balls a bit, make me want more, lick my balls a bit more...

C'mon man - TELL US ABOUT IT!!!

6. TRuss

TRuss

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

I've read that it was built by ( or for ) Jeff Dutton in Australia.

8. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I agree with Ryan on this too much scoopage. The side scoop things are totally out of place. good chop though. Personally I would rather have it stock.

9. I have a feature on this Porsche from an Australian Mag. It was built in the late 80s early 90s. I will see if I can find the mag.

10. the lines on this car are beautiful.

11. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

that stuka is an ugly little bastard but sure is fast!!! but the silver one is way kool even if it does have a few too many scoops.

12. this little guy is sitting in the shop next door while they put new idle jets in....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. NOW THAT is one BADASS Porsche!!!!!

14. Tony

Tony

I thought the exact same thing!! VERY cool little car!

15. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I love the lines. I always thought the 356 Porsche coupe was ugly. This car makes me want to buy one!

16. Here is the feature for those that are interested, sorry for taking so long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. rodncustom

rodncustom

18. I'd check the lengths of those Pertronix plug wires on the front seat before throwing away the old ones... Speaking from experience.

19. Ricola

Ricola
    from MN

Well, When I strayed away from Hot Rods I got into Porsches. This is my euro Hot Rod.

1972 Porsche 914. The engine is a 1980 euro spec "S" from a 928. It's rated at 300+ HP. I made the adaptor plate, all the mounts, mod'ed the chassis, ect.

I live in Northern MN. I've driven this car across country several times. I had it on Northern ans Southern California, Michigan, Indy, and all points between.

The car is known in Porsche circles as "The Alien" Now you know what the tag line means in my signature.

My secret life is exposed. Dont' ban me..:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We call this The Money Shot" Notice the reflection..
    [​IMG]

20. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

beautiful proportions, great chop,,,,,,,but i agree with the others that said lose the scoops,,breaks up the flow of an otherwise nice looking car,,,,,barris built a couple of porsches back in the 50s i think,,,and i believe dean jeffries had a nice platinum one,,,,not really a porsche fan, but i am a fan of a nicely proportioned and well planned kustoms..

21. superleggera

superleggera

22. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

I'd like to see pics if you can find 'em.

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I had pics of a 356 Bonneville car, but can't seem to locate them. Great story too....

Anyone have pics of the car I'm thinking about? It's black with MOON discs, smallish motor, seems like there was some gold leaf on the doors.

On the SilverBullet car, looks like they just about doubled the wheel base! I like it but, yeah, they could have stopped earlier and been better off. I like the concept of the wheels but the whole package looks too new for me.

25. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I think this thing is killer just like it is. There aren't any cars in the world that somebody wouldn't change something on. I'd just empty out my wallet and drive the bloody hell out of this one. The only thing I'd do different is have more sex if I owned it.

26. Badfella

Badfella

Damn it! I want an old Porsche now!!

27. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

pretty badass, i would love to see the guy parallel park it though. McKee where do you find this stuff? you always find cool shit to show off

28. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

euro trash again

29. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Awesome car, id drive it proudly.

30. oldsmolet

oldsmolet

nice work but just looks like a squashed bug. I still like it alot tho