Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Alliance: 1 Year Down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Elrod

Elrod

Well done Ryan. It's been a great year, and I know I joined just to give something back to the community that has been so great to my interest in the hobby. That alone gave me more than my money's worth. More than a few magazines could give me for the same price. Thanks for starting this little world, and keeping it moving in a forward direction.

3. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

The first of many THANKS!

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And that's how we got the name...

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

AMEN! Thanks for your hard work and clear vision! I look forward to the next year, I'm figuring on maybe 80 Alliance Vendors by then?:D

By the way, what is that background from? Reminds me of an old 1950's board game of some sort.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

And Im hoping to be one of the 80! Thanks for re-inventing the wheel.

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

Ryan - I never kenw there was such agonizing thought over the alliance process, and it makes a neat story. My membership expires in 9 days, and I'm trying to figure out how to renew it, but rest assured, I'll swing something.

Although I have yet to take advantage of my alliance membership in the sense of getting a hefty discount, I consider it a small price to pay for the wealth of information and sense of community. Hell, I feel closer to the thousands of people here who "get it", and feel it makes up for my absolute lack of friends who understand why I pour money and energy into what one coworker not-so-affectionately calls "a giant paperweight."

Thanks for being here.

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Wow, now I'm even more proud that I'm a member.

9. Well said, and I think that we are all proud too.

A great first year.

10. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

Pretty cool, man.

Your writing skills continue to improve, too! You're an easy read - it's good to see the Alliance take off!

11. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

Peolly the best 50 bucks ever spent on this hobby keep up the good work---- john

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I LIKE being a hoodlum............straight-lacers are boring.......

13. roadracer

roadracer

It's worked out well. As you say, monetizing a web site can be tricky. This is so much better than running banners.

It also reminds me of the very clever practice of AAA putting "member since.." on their cards. Clever marketing that makes you want to keep renewing, if only sub-consciously. Everyone wants to belong to a group...even rebels :D

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

in the words of the great hank hill.....

yep!:)

15. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

don't wait till the last like I did. m/o didn't arrive .have to do all over again. :eek:

16. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I was really happy about the alliance and how it worked out, I thought it was a really good idea to be able to both save money and help out the website. It also made meeting people easier if you saw the tag somewhere out on the street, and thats always good, I got to get mine renewed soon.

17. Degreaser

Degreaser

Just joined finally. Thanks Ryan.

18. Best 50.00 I've spent in a long time. You FINALLY get something worth your money. This is one of the most honest places I know. Strait up people, strait up questions/answers, and a strait up man steering the whole thing.

Thanks Ryan!

19. jdubbya

jdubbya

Havent used mine a whole lot, but when I have, it has been well worth the initial investment. Keep up the great work!

20. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Breaker Breaker!

One of the Best Moves we have made.
    Congrats on the first of many years!
    The Alliance just Kicks Ass!!!!!!!!!!

Over and Out!

Cody

21. brewsir

brewsir

Thank you Ryan...amazing what this place has grown to after all these years. Who would've thought it!? Best way to spend a few minutes on the computer a few times a day...as I can't sit here all day and read every post like the old days when the pages lasted more than an hour or two! I like the voluntary contibution as opposed to an actual membership ....I'd pay either way,but it is nice that you've kept it true to your vision....Viva la HAMB!

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

23. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

The HAMB fuckin roools.

Those who have not done so already, ante up.

Join the Dark side of the force.

24. I think I get much more from my Alliance membership, than I do from my Costco membership...

On the other hand, Ryan doesn't have little old ladies give me samples of Chcken Cordon Bleu...

Can we fix that? :D

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

How about younger hot rod chicks giving you cookies, HAMB Crack, Spam, moonpies, chips, wine.......the list goes on. Folks don't go hungry at a HAMB event.:p

26. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Congrats on the success.....I love this place.......I always sit and think about "What if WWIII happens, will I still be able to access the HAMB?" Yeah I know, crazy, but I think crazy thoughts like this!:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, however, your quote, “Ryan, I’d rather do something and fail miserably than not do anything at all and wonder what if…," has hit pretty close to home. I'm faced with a proposition to make big money (and I mean well into the 6 figures) but it requires me to pull up roots and move- leave all my buddies, my family, etc......

Dunno, but your quote has hit home...

I am a religious guy, so say a prayer for me and my family!

27. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

margaritas for every one ! happy birthday hamb alliance !
    or is Ryan still drunk and passed out on the beach dreaming all of this,really sun burnt ?:rolleyes:

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just got my new Alliance tag the other day and promply pinned it to the bulletin board right next to last years. There are a couple of projects in the works that will need the discount from the vendors but last year passed and I didn't use it once. With that said I've got the most satisfied feeling about joining that could be possible. Even if there were no discounts available by joining I feel it's one of hot roddings best values. There is NO place where you can get the combination of information, incouragement, criticism, and attaboys than here on the HAMB.
    It's good to hear that you confered with Wally Parks about your concern for the direction of the HAMB. The guy has been known to make a couple of right moves in his lifetime, especially in the area of hot rodding.
    I'll close with a big "thank you" to Ryan and to everyone who contributes to the betterment and sustainance of this website. Well Done!!

Frank

29. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

thanx Ryan, I did not get a chance to use my Aliance Membership yet but that not why I became a member. I love hot rodding and this is the best hot~rod site ever and it is only goig to get better........ Thanks agian Ryan.