Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to remove glue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vetteracer, Mar 22, 2013.

1. G'day all, English appears to be my second language now so please bear with me. Spent the last couple of weeks in the hospital with a stroke. Just got out today and I am trying to figure out how to get all the glue off of me from the portable heart monitors they had me wearing. When a contact gave out they just glued another one on.

Anyway, I am this sticky icky mess and how do I get rid of the glue??

mitch

2. Rubbing Alcohol. HRP

3. I've been there (heart attack, not stroke), that glue is annoying. I didn't use any solvents or anything, just a lot of scrubbing with a rough washcloth and soap. I wouldn't use anything stronger than a citrus hand cleaner with some grit in it, like Fast Orange. Solvents absorb through the skin.

Best of luck for a full recovery.

4. Yes, rubbing alcohol will do it. Make sure your not smoking while cleaning yourself up.

5. 36tbird

36tbird

Was gonna suggest the stuff from 3M thinking that it was for glue removal on your old station wagon, taking off the fake wood trim. But, that stuff is too expensive to use on your chest.;)

Hope you're feeling better.

6. Rubbing alcohol worked for me. That glue is tough stuff.

7. And something you shouldn't use on your skin. HRP

8. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Depends on the glue i've had some luck with W.D. hope you feel better and get well.

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

A couple of years ago I had two heart attacks and a stroke within a four-month period. The glue comes off after a number of showers. Just work on it each time and don't worry about it. Now, get back out in the garage!

10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Rubbing alcohol & cotton balls. The cotton is just rough enough to catch & pull the glue off. BTW hope you are feeling better.

11. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

WD40, harmless, the smell will make you feel better, too.

12. Uh FAIL
    from WD40;
    Skin Contact: Prolonged and/or repeated contact may produce skin irritation and defatting with possible dermatitis.

My cardiologist said the best thing is to let it naturally go away over a few days of normal washing. It seems to show up more after a day or two then the first day. Weird

13. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

Your wife's nail polish remover, it also worked great on the residue from window tint when i peeled it off

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No solvents. WD40 is better, but still not that good for you. But that's close to the right idea. Oily stuff works pretty good, but baby oil will be better for you. Fast orange is safe, and great for cutting grease, but I'm not sure that it'll cut the glue...might work though. Actually, we sluff off the outer layers of skin pretty quickly. Even if you did nothing but normal showers, it'd probably be gone in about a week.

Best wishes for you health. God bless.

15. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Don't worry about it. It will come off naturally, just be glad your not covered with dirt.

16. salf100

salf100

A rough wash cloth and any cooking oil will remove it. I use that on stickers and it works good just need to put a little effort into it.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. pitman

pitman

Did wonder if Fast Orange or similar stuff would work.

18. that glue sucks. Time will take it off or try olive oil. Worked for me.

19. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I know that this might sound odd but vegetable or extra virgin olive oil will take it off quickly and safely!
    I know I've been, there and done that.
    Hope that you have a speedy recovery and that you won't have any repeat episodes.
    KK

20. Or peanut butter. The oil in it works wonders.:D

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I guess sand blasting is out of the question...Ingnore the glue, call them tattoos..

22. baby oil, then you can be baby soft too.

23. jazz1

jazz1

don't use anything toxic! 80 grit should do it just don't go too deep

24. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Isn't there an APP for that?

25. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Go back to your Dr or hospital and get some adhesive remover wipes. I have a stack of them on my counter as we speak (xray tech) smell nice and orange and will take off the glue, and amazingly enough sometimes clean the paints off my hands.

26. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

27. sander with some 80 grit, follow up with 320 wet sanding, and buff it out, just kidding, glad your ok

28. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

FWIW . . . .

The Citrus Air Freshener I get from Wal-Mart will remove the glue from price tags and such . . . . . . . .

29. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I just got all mine off after a month of showers. I have a mild allergic reaction to all glue , Including the contact cement I use every day. But after a stroke or heart attack, the glue shoul be the least of our worries, glad we're all still here! Jack

30. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Olive oil! Used by hospitals.