Register now to get rid of these ads!

Donuts or Burn Outs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. cool vid thanks for posting. if you tryed to do anything like that here and now you'd not only lose your car and licence but also get a massive fine and possibly jail time:eek:.

and hangin' nuts is definately more fun than just a static burnout:D. if you wanna see some vids of some awesome burnouts, youtube gary myers or clint ogilvie. i won't post a link cos the cars arent exactly on topic.

3. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

4. Icy dough nuts are always fun.
    Empty parking lots are fair game for icy maneuvers.

Best burn out I've accomplished was solid 350 feet long with three small breaks 1-2, 2-3, & 3-4 with more smoke than I thought possible

Hardest is a perfect motorcycle circle doughnut with a burnout thru the center.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That intersection in the first series of video must have had a solid coating of rubber on it.

6. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

The second gear sashay is where it's at. Pull off in first, nail second, and hang on for the side step. I'm probably a bad influence but my 6 yr old begs me to "squeak the tires" in the truck (chirp in second).

Awesome video.

7. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Brian you needed lineloc! lololol :)

8. I love that Chevy. That thing is awesome. And the guy has it set up were its all street legal. I'd love to turn up to a billet convention in that thing. :D

9. Hmmm...that movie looks familiar?;)

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

You California guys can't enjoy the fun of icy donuts. The hard part today is finding a big enough parking with no light poles. One of the most fun times for me was a parking lot on a construction job that filled up with melted snow. When it froze over night it was like a skating rink, smooth as class...360 degrees? 720 was more like it. A free carnival ride. The GEM store parking lot was always a great place to play. No poles and no curbs inside the perimeter and a nice down grade too for a longer ride.:D

PS I was driving a 63 327 340HP Corvette. big fun

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I prefer spinning in circles. Can't get light headed going in a straight line...

12. A straight line burn out to the "controlled" powerslide/donut is always cool in a hot rod.

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

Likewise.Growing up in Omaha,a place where you don't see the ground from November through March some years,we had an appreciation for our ice clad environment.We used to go to a large parking lot on the SE corner of 132nd and Center,where the had all of the light poles at the outside edge of the lot.We would come down the hill,whip the wheel,and spin for a couple of city blocks.By college,we got pretty artistic.I wish we would have filmed them.During the summer,it was burnout city.Those were the days.

14. Like maybe Ryan posted it before?;):p:D

Yup Jay, another one. :)

15. jjordan

jjordan

It all depends on the room available. Streets and alleys=burnouts, but a big vacant lot......

16. From another thread on the subject...

Laydrag will have to chime in, but I think his Dad drove that car from GA to FLA like that. Damn hoodlum hot rodder :D

17. You can eat a donut but not a burn out unless your Jeffrie Dahmer!

18. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Donuts for the win.

Growing up in the Frozen North of Alberta, it's pretty much how everybody learned to drive. Getting yourself into and out of a controlled ice donut teaches you pretty fast how to steer into a spin, and how to steer with the gas pedal when the fronts have checked out.

As a teenager, I got pretty good at sliding into our drive way after a 540 (1.5 full spins) around the corner into the the cul-de-sac we lived on. The Old Man didn't like it, the neighbours hated it, but me and my Mustang II were having fun!

Poor kids today with their front wheel drive bore-wagons. They don't know what they're missing.

19. budd

budd

i grew up back in Nova Scotia, pretty much along any road there would be a hill we called burnout hill, by the end of the summer you were lucky to see any pavement at all, some gas stations that were off the beaten track would have black marks leading away in every direction, i think we need a picture thread of burnout hills.

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

We California guys have to inflate our tires to 80 PSI to have any fun. Darned logistics!

1959, when Spartan Stadium was first built (San Jose State's football stadium) they had a huge parking lot, blacktopped with gravel...no light poles yet, just a fresh flat lot, 1 acre.

Guys were turning donuts, (1st gear, slow, controlled...) I drove up in my channelled 'A' Coupe with the 5/16 X 14 flattie, 3.54 rear...some guys said, "Hey, spin the hot rod..."

I took off in low, grabbed second, and side stepped the clutch...Man, what a ride...but nearly at the apex of the 'hooker', I high-sided it, man the Coupe was up at the balance point...(on the left wheels) and I got the sense to lean hard to the right, barely saved it...It crashed down, on the wheels, still going, maybe 30 MPH...
    shared the skit outa me... LOL

21. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Donuts in a snowy parking lot are part of growing up anywhere in the Midwest. I'm always surprised at the amount of middle aged and older guys I catch screwing around in the snow when I leave work after fresh snow (I work second shift). Burnouts are fun too though. It's become customary for customers leaving to lay as big a path as they can at the exhaust shop near my house.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

icy spinouts are for sissies. give me a real burnout (not a powerstand) anyday.

my buddy had a 70 Z/28 back when Z/28 meant something. a bunch of us would go to the K-Mart parking lot and play frisbee in the middle of the night. My Z-buddy liked spinning burnouts. crank the wheel, dump the clutch and start smoking the tires. he would spin a couple times and then he'd be going backwards with the wheels still smoking forwards, then he would start the whole process over again. one night he did one with a cop in the back corner of the parking lot. woops. the cop got out one of those little wheel things that they use to measure skids at accident scenes and started walking around in circles. wrote him up for unsafe start, with a notation "100 feet if circular skidmarks".

I could only do straight burnouts in my GTO. I remember one in particular... about 50 feet of rubber on the ground, a space of about 2 feet and another 25 feet of rubber, then a little space and anther 3 foot of rubber. I was so proud of that one, I should have taken a picture.

this was right in a neighborhood about a block from the grammer school. I should have been dragged out of the car and beaten and my car impounded and crushed.

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I think 6:11 in the video was a split moment before folding over a stop sign. hahahaaa Man, straight up hooliganism. Do-nuts and beer! Love the little Renault 4cv getting in on the action. That big ol' flatbed was bitchin', although I was fearing for the front of the building....

24. silent rick

silent rick

i do burnouts for donuts.

mmmmmm, donuts

25. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

26. the-rodster

the-rodster

Donuts....

In the snow....

In your hot rod....

That's for pussies.

27. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

28. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

What about "brodies"?

29. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

...oh, and "ski-jogging".

30. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Since I was in to drag racing, it's a straight line burnout for me. But only if there's money on the line. I'm not rich so I hate to break things.