Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Sights and Sounds of 462 Miles Per Hour...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 29, 2011.

1. flamingokid

flamingokid

The Salt Flats are as real as it gets.NASCAR has become WWE on wheels.I too wish Speed Channel would do something,but I guess they're too busy pushing Meguiars and Haggerty to mess with the real stuff.

2. I just hope that never stops happening.
    So many people get so much out of this "sport".

Bonneville is on my bucket list.

3. GARY?

GARY?

that's why I go to Bonneville. To watch the crazies go out and play.

4. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Perfection. As much as the adrenaline builds in me while I watch this video there is this sense of "calmness" that comes over my like that guy could just as well have a cup of coffee while he is driving a freaking msisle on the land.

5. And nobody notices he doesn't flip his eyeshield down until 1:07 into teh run? Last gesture from the starter is shield down, then the wave off down course. No ill will but just something I have noticed in the 64 times I have watched this clip ;)

6. it still amazes me that such a large amount of mass can be propelled to such a speed on the ground. fantastic!

7. autobilly

autobilly

I totally agree, maybe they'll (60 min. etc.) be there when they take the record officially.

8. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

WOW...cool as shit !

9. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

That was awesome... so glad they didn't put a music bed on it to take away from the killer 'going fast' sounds.

Very cool that they put all the different cameras on there.

-W

10. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I noticed this instantly and thought damn, I would think thats crazy to do one handed driving in that! Awesome!! I can't imagine how your eyes focus to whats going on so fast. THanks for posting!!

11. cirob

cirob
    from Fenton, MO

What are the details for this Streamliner? I may have missed that info.

12. Whew - what a ride, what a rush - WOW!

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

http://speeddemon.us/

Rich

14. Ole don

Ole don

ESPN was there all week shooting. They planned on a ten minute intro to one of the last NASCAR races, then a 30 or 60 minute show later on. The week it was to be shown, Kyle Bucsh wrecked someone in a truck race and the TV people spent the time talking about that instead. If it was ever shown in my town, I didnt see it. There was a link to it on Landracing.com It was very nice, but like most salt addicts, I want more.
    When your bucket list runs low, shovel in more dreams.

15. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Its my dream to go to the Salt Flats,just one time before i die,to see that....Thank You Very Much!!!

16. NOTCH

NOTCH

My first Reaction! HOLY MUTHER F@CKER!
    THANKS!