Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Roy Ive been around your car a couple of times now but I dont think Ive met you yet.I first saw your car at norman,ok FE nationals.I had the red super super snake shelby at the time.And I tried to catch up with you at the dick brannan southwest show in phoenix.I was with my Dads galaxie next to the kenz and leslie streamliner.I dont remember you running your comet last year at chhr.And this year we just didnt have the money to get out there.Looks like I missed on a good show. I'm hoping for drag fest though.I have to say your 65 is damn nice and looks like its a runner.I just looked at the photos of your car on james drew photography.Theres a lot of good shots.My 65 is going to be a street version A/FX style car.Should be out of the paint shop this week.Going to do a what if kenz and leslie got a 65 comet before there 66.Been talking with ron leslie and got the go ahead.Heres my e-mail [email protected]. Write me and we can exchange some numbers. ken

2. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I threw some base coat on to see.Havent decided yet it might end up blue.Heres a sneek peek at the modified hood.Thinking outside of the box.Look for my wagon to show up in a ratrod B slasher movie.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  3. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Heres my vintage A/FX or should I say B dragster pic of the day.Jack was the man.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  4. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

5. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

6. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

7. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

8. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;I didn't make last years CHRR,was a bit of a boycott.I went this year,won't go again,at least to race,it is too much of a circus,not a race.We are treated like S#$%,pay the same as everyone else for basically nothing.Thank You for the compliments,my Comet runs OK for a 347,4-speed.That 2004 trip was crazy,CA.to Oklahoma then on to Carlisle,PA.,then home in around 3 weeks.John had his 65 Comet with the cammer then,we almost lost them both,had a fire in the trailer,minor smoke damage to mine,a scorched deck lid and lexan for John,the Texas Outsidders came to our rescue!John's new 65 Comet is one bad assed car,10.0's from a 363" Ford! ROY.

9. Mockie

Mockie

sorry, way off topic but just found this on my local craigslist. WTF is all I can say. I had a 64 and miss it badly. Just wanted everyone to see what happened to one of them and hope this doesn't happen again.

custom 1964 comet 4x4. dual flowmasters, edlbrock carb & intake, 289 v8 bronco 3 speed manual trans frontend & tcase. call 541 272 2419. may consider trade

hot rod lifted bogger mucle car swampers<!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=newport, or -->Location: newport, or
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    <!-- END CLTAGS --><TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. 65COMET

65COMET

At the price for an early Bronco I bet they wish they would have kept it as a Bronco!It looks like it was a solid 64,BEFORE!! ROY.

11. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

One day this will be a lean mean A/FX machine.Got to love building race cars in colorado.

Attached Files:

Deuces and Toby Schelin like this.
  12. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Heres Some A/FX pics for the day

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  13. SOHC427

SOHC427

Keep those pictures coming, Ken. They get that fire going, and with all this snow, we need the heat.

Deuces likes this.
  14. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Lol....I have 2 friends caught up in that mess right now and another that lives in it. Glad I'm in Tennessee! That pic made me think of this old one so I scanned it. My Comet...20 some odd years ago. That was about as bad as it ever gets here.

About all I've done to the car since then is to replace the hood, the frt bumper and remove that Caliente side trim that was added years ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Deuces likes this.
  15. bkhpah

bkhpah
    from Latrobe PA

Man, that thing is just perfect..BKH

16. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Is that a snow teardrop hood? Thats awesome.. Need to add two inches to it for the 427 hiriser.

17. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I know I'm still a new guy.But after banging my head on the keyboard for hours, how are you guys posting the big pictures.

18. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I only wish I could've seen him in person.Ronnie was the man.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  19. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;it looks like that around here from time to time,only it is ash from the forest fires!!!! ROY.

20. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Wow a lot of nice comets in there ts3x65 thanks for posting them.

21. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Lol....I have a teardrop Falcon hood from Crites that I was thinking about using. I set it on once and it looks like I'd need to cut the frt of it off and lengthen it a few inches and glass a lip for the hood mldg to bolt onto.

The plan for my sbf includes running a Parker intake and a Demon carb....I really hope the stock hood will clear.

I don't think I could talk my dad out of any of his hi-risers, but I think he has a 428 laying around.....hmmm??

22. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Sounds like its going to be nice project.The sbf are running so strong nowadays with a lot less front end weight.youll have to keep us updated.

23. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Here is some pictures of a friend of mine who made his 65 four door into a gasser style.

Jon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Heres some pics of my car at CHHR 08.Thats EARL WADE[the famous wrench man for Dyno Dons comet] putting the tune on my carbs.The second set is the one and only CALIFORNIA FLASH himself BUTCH LEAL.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  25. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

That is so cool!

I've seen that Falcon on Youtube....very nice!

26. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I like this series of "before, during and after". Note the modified lettering in the last pics...lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  27. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Heres some extra pics.My son Marshal ready to take her down the strip.Keeping the Super Stock , A/FX cars alive

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  28. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

[​IMG]

Looks like he got a good launch. Great looking Comet.

Jon

29. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Heres my vintage pics for the day.Besides the cammer powerplant which year body style was the baddest 64 or 65.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  30. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Love those pics.Thats the first time I've seen the McCoy mercury.Is there any more?