Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bermuda Bell?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I want to put a Bermuda Bell in my Olds. Who sells them?

Yeah, it's corny, but it's traditional corny.

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

If you're talking about the Hula girls made by the Bell company, Speedway Motors has them for like $15 or $20.
    And I agree. Corny but still cool.

3. old beet

old beet

Found one for $150+$13 shipping OUCH!!!!! They used to be about ten bucks! See um on E pay once in a while...........OLDBEET

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I googled it and came up with:
    www,lonewolfwhistle.com
    ain't cheap, though

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

6. Mike

Mike

My buddy Frank has a Bermuda bell on his Caddy powered Deuce roadster. It annoys the hell out of my other buddy Howard.

Sorry, I don't know where to find one.

7. OOPs, I posted another ad asking for a Bell before I noticed Mazooma1's response. But, Lordy! $150!!!

8. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Check with old auto parts stores. Sometimes I see them at the Pomona or Long Beach swapmeets.

9. sawzall

sawzall

I have one that serves as the door bell to my shop.. I am willing to part with it.. should you be interested..

10. PM sent to Sawzall....

11. I'm glad to see this thread. I remember my dad having a few of these when i was a kid, but everyone I mention it to looks at me like I'm a freakin alien!
    Now i want one Too

12. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

I got one a few years back off of eGay. It was about $150

13. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

14. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Whats this getup sound like? Just a bell?

15. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

One very loud Ding-Dong bell

16. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Ding Dong!
    I bought two of them from J.C. Witney about 15 years ago they were only $10-$15 bucks each, can't find them there any more....BUMMER!

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Had one on my first car, (a '50 Studebaker Commander 4 door) and think I paid around $10 for it in 1962. Would like to find another for a reasonable price. Saw two at the L A Roadster swap meet for $80 ea. Just a bit over the top of my budget.

18. Crestliner

Crestliner

I bought 3 NOS a few years ago and sold 2 of them at 150.00 each. Sold a used one about 5 months ago on ebay and it bought 150.00. Sent it to the guy and somebody stole it from his mail box. Seems to live in a bad part of town and mail thefts are common. Had it insured, but USPS wouldn't pay. The carrier remembered delivering it and said it was up to him to have a safe place for the mail.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

I have one in my 1912 Ford, they were a popular accessorie 1900 - 1912 , never figured out how they became popular in customs in the 1950's. That $150.00 sale price is about adverage, don't know if the winners are Brass Car guys or Custom owners.

20. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

A guy had one at a swap meet last month for $65 but it didn't have a mounting bracket or the little "knob". Personally...I don't think they're worth the money the get at the Bay.

21. screwball

screwball

I found one at a friends uncles garage clean out I use it to wake up my two boys in the morning. They hate it I love it. Kinda sounds like a bell on a trolly car.

22. RayG

RayG
    from Florida

lol...before I had my driver's license, I mounted a Bermuda Bell on the front of my bike (course that was back in the mid-50's) Was fun riding into a drive-in restaurant parking lot, ringing the bell and watch everyone looking around trying to figure out which car had the bell.

23. 49toad

49toad

I've had a bell on my 49 olds since 1968. Lost one under the car about ten years ago. Rolled it up pretty bad. Just when I had it fixed I found one at a swap meet. Payed $100 for it about 8 years ago. Its going back on the toad when I get it finished again. wouldn't be the same toad with out a bermuda bell.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  24. That's kinda funy, 49toad. I want one for a '49 Olds too.

25. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

My dad told me he had one in the Model T he drove in high school (he graduated in 1929.) If they won the football game on Friday night, he and the other guys from the team would drive around town afterwards ringing the thing. :)

It may be worth a call to J.C. Whitney...they sold them for years and years, you never know if they may have one left sitting on a back shelf someplace.

26. What is current on bermuda bells? Anyone know of a source for them TODAY? Is it time someone went into manufacturing these things again? Might be a money maker for some small shop with little work in today's economy?

Anyway... I want one!!! Yeah, I know there are occasional beat up ones on eBay....

27. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

..I just saw a sweet original on a table at Hershey..I was showing my kid how it worked and I scared the shit out of the people standing around...sucker was loud!

28. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Yeah the first one I ever saw or heard was at Hershey in the 70s. That was when all the Model Ts were being restored. They were prized by the T guys. I have always thought of them as a 20s accessory. I'm a wolf whistle kinda guy... more 40s or 50s.:D

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Old thread but I scored a sweet one in the box for the Victoria.

30. Silverfox031

Silverfox031