Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alexander Brothers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 25, 2011.

1. sololobo

sololobo

I applaud this timely post about these two "gentelmen", the most common comment about these brothers. Not only did they build great cars they are always lauded as being great friendly humble guys. It is great to see that humility in people that achieved the high award level these gents have. Really enjoy seeing and hearing more information about their achievements. The excellent picture of the bros at the autograph session shows their glowing demeaner. Thanx to all of you who contributed info in this awesome thread. ~sololobo~ r.i.p. Larry

2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

What color was it at the time and what year.

3. Rikster

Rikster

Probably was in gray primer then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Got to spend last weekend with Bill shooting pics of his cars. Learned more about hot rods, kustoms and even the Alexander Brothers in that weekend than I have in the past 5 years. Amazing stories!

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Grew up in Detroit and followed their work through the magazines of the day. I never knew where their shop was and was surprised how "close" they were to where I lived. Would have been a long bike ride but I'm sure I would have made it. Like alot of oldtimers from back then I think we kind of took them for granted for too long. Glad to see them getting their props.

6. bob-o

bob-o

I'd give my left one for the Victorian... I really hope that a restoration is currently underway. That car deserves it. And I think the current owner owes it to Larry and Mike to make sure it gets done right.

7. scrubba

scrubba

God Bless the " A " Bros !!!!!!!!!! scrubba

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. M.Edell

M.Edell

9. I had the pleasure of talking to Mike on the phone while I was looking for a glass cutter while chopping my Caddy. Truly a class act. We all miss Larry

10. carbuilder

carbuilder

What is the front bumper from on the 56 Ford.

11. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

According the photo below, it's a 'sectioned '59 Chev unit'...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  12. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Sorry, I don't get the connection between Larivee, Whetstone and your disability. Please explain.

13. I've had the pleasure of talking to Mike Alexander on the phone several times over the past few years. He's been a invaluable resource to me in my effort to build a Deora replica.
    Many of you might know about his fight against the cancer which has slowed him down considerably. I told him recently that I hope to have my Deora done soon and plan to drag it down to Detroit for him to see in person.

His reply: "Well, you'd better hurry up!"

14. The Alexander Brothers cars were always my favorites when I was a kid. I liked (and still do) mild customs and their cars were always full customs with the grace and subtleness of a mild custom. Never over the top.

Dennis

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

A bump to the top for brother Mike Alexander, who passed away at 80 years old on July 18.
    RIP...

SuperFleye likes this.
  16. raymay

raymay

Great video and interview with Mike. He said this might be the last car, I guess it may have been. Always liked their style and was influenced by their creativity. Sure wish I could have met one or both of them.