Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photograph in Japan!! Kustom&Lowrider&HOROD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toshihide4828, Oct 12, 2010.

1. toshihide4828

toshihide4828
    from japan

2. toshihide4828

toshihide4828
    from japan

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

The KIRK! like custom culture of Japan!

4. toshihide4828

toshihide4828
    from japan

5. toshihide4828

toshihide4828
    from japan

6. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

HOLY CRAP!!! 409 powered too!

7. Yeah, that's Junichi's "Galaxian." All steel, flip-top, with lexan roof and bagged. Very Roth influenced and he drives it to all the shows (as evidenced by this pic). Great guy and a must stop shop for visitors. Lots of cool cars and memorabilia.
    He also has a bike with a lot of the same elements of design such as the ripple pipes and paint.

8. toshihide4828

toshihide4828
    from japan

9. BEAR

BEAR

thats allot of great pics thank

10. Comet, I was wondering where the pics were taken. The water/bridge in background I knew was not Yokohama.

11. Yeah, looks like at the park near the Centrair airport. I was at the show last year and posted pics, but missed this one. Lots of quality cars at the show.

12. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Awesomeness! How does one get those cool cars to Japan? Was there a market for new American cars back in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s? Were some there from US GIs after the war?

13. movingviolation

movingviolation

HoLy CrAp!! Only goes to show that Kustoms, Lowriders and Hot Rods are kool no matter where they are...and they bring together the greatest in car nuts!

Great pictures....thanks a heap!

14. MODELA30

MODELA30

Hold on a second i used to now of a guy from japan that would buy up cars all over california then put them in a container and ship them out there. Some of lifestyle car club cars,and others some of those are bought i am not saying all of them. But alot of them. So let us put credit were credit is due!!!!! Really how many american cars got sold to japan during or after the war at least till we started to socialize with them and forget our boys that died in wwii. Knuck from indiana

15. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Sa-weet!

Do you have more pics and info on this purple 37/38 Dodge?

Thanks for posting.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Righteous!

Try as you may to stir shit up, these guys have to want it a helluva lot more than someone here to have an vintage ride. Who cares if they bought it or built it. Same goes here. No one claimed they built anything they didn't. They go to an extent that we take for granted.

17. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Amen.

18. If you look into the car scene in Japan, alot of those cars are built by them, Paradise Road, Local Hero, those guys "get it". The passion for everything 50's and on is outrageous over there. Ask anyone who has visited Nagoya, the cars are incredible and the builders are top notch

19. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

WOW -- Just sit back and enjoy the people that enjoy our hobbies.

20. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

sweet cars japan rock...........................nice

21. Deadender60

Deadender60

Welcome aboard Toshi!

Nice to see you post some of your photos on the HAMB..

-Juan (from Deadend Magazine)

22. MODELA30

MODELA30

I THINK THE WHOLE THING IS LOST IF YOU DID NOT BUILT IT. YOU JUST HAVE MORE PRIDE IN YOUR RIDE IF YOU BUILT IT. NOT BUY It!!!!! WHEN YOU GO UP TO A GUY IN A CAR SHOW OR A CAR ON THE STREET AND YOU ASK WHAT KIND OF REAR END DO YOU HAVE AND THEY SAY OH A METAL ONE YOU LOST ALL MY RESPECT. WHEN I USED TO BUILT LOWRIDERS ANYONE THAT ASKED ME ABOUT ANY PART OF THAT CAR I COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! AND WITH DETAIL. PEOPLE HAVE MORE RESPECT LIKE I SAID GIVE CREDIT WERE IT IS DUE. KNUCK FROM INDIANA.

23. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

It's not forgetting our soldiers that died in WWII. It's realizing that these guys have no direct connection to the people or ideology that led to that war in the first place. I'm honored that they've gotten to the point of having enough appreciation for these cars that they've taken on the massive expense of keeping them alive and well.

Furthermore.....There are American guys on here that have done more injustice to US steel than could EVER be done to it by these fellahs. They're A-OK in my book....at least they're not showing off their abortions.

Also, what information is given that these guys didn't do the work themselves? Did anyone in here ask them? Does anyone in here speak Japanese? If not, then they have no room to speak.

24. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

Eye popping colors and sick looking rides. Nice work.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

25. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Great stuff here Toshi...welcome to the H.A.M.B.

26. aceuh

aceuh

Some great shots of some awesome cars!

Not a rat rod in the bunch either...:D

27. banditomerc

banditomerc

mostly imported...i mean exported...well,you know what i mean.Good to see the influence is so strong.Keep on cruising.:cool:

28. If I had not known these pictures were from Japan - I would of thought these cars were in California - too cool....

29. Lucky444

Lucky444

30. yeah this is crazy! the detail is outstanding... thanks for sharing the pics.

not to add fuel, but yes, i do remember 5-6 years ago there was a huge push by alot of japanese dudes who were buying up alot of high end lowriders from the states, lots of so. side club cars, john kennedy and brent reese cars, high end LA built lowriders. for HUGE money, but i dont see one of them in these pics.

i never saw this "buy-out" as a bad thing. if someone in the states wanted these cars as bad as they did , then they should have come up with the cash to match or exceed the offer. obviously these japanese dudes really love this shit.