Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shotgunbettie, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big creep

big creep

hahahaha! i think 308 m14 has less recoil then that sks, im just saying. karma will get him in the end. if not the next person he tries to rip off.

2. shotgunbettie

shotgunbettie
    from San Diego

Who wants to give me a welding lesson? Haven't welded since high school. I'm down to get greasy workin on my car.

3. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Hearing about this stuff REALLY pisses me off...if these dirtbags worked as hard at the job as they do at being dirtbags, they wouldn't have to rip people off. I owned a restoration shop for 20 years, I NEVER had to advertise for work, because I was honest, did quality work, and delivered what I said I would...it's really way easier than being a thief! And, I don't even have to watch my back all the time! Glad you're getting the word out about this guy, just sad that you had to go through this, but it will catch up with him eventually, one way or another...

Eric

4. skullhat

skullhat

hey shotgun, as you are in cal, you got the bureau of automotivve repair on your side. unlike the bbb wich are powerless fags, the b.a.r. can hammer auto related business's that rip you off. ask anyone in the car biz, they will agree that the bar is the last people you want in your shop

maiin officce is in sacrememnto, and they have many local, and web sites as well

if he didnt get a signed work order out of ya, thats enough to get an investigation going, regardless of what happened next.

while i like some of the other suggestions, they arent as practical these days as they once were

skull

5. shotgunbettie

shotgunbettie
    from San Diego

Thanks Skull!

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

So, what is the car, and wht are you looking at having done?

7. shotgunbettie

shotgunbettie
    from San Diego

1960 Galaxie. I have her in the shop now, all stripped down almost all the cancer has been taken care of, all sanded down. WOW in only one week. Going to paint her next. I want to bag her and of cousre the upholstery. Going to post pics later today

8. banditomerc

banditomerc

All else fails....YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!

9. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

10. skullhat

skullhat

11. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

I agree with Highlander, do it legal.File a judement. File a written complaint at your local cop shop. I know you can"t get blood from a stone. When you get the address of the shop.Phone the Fire Marshall,health + safety, noise bylaw, business bylaw enforcement....REVENUE SERVICE !!! It"s good to hit them in there pocket book, not there face. Oh maybe a little later down the road.

12. big creep

big creep

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I had something similar happen with the guy that was building my 40x40 shop building. He built about 75% and just quit showing up. First there were excuses then he wouldn't answer my calls. I found out that he'd done this to other people. After talking to a lawyer I found out there is a thing called "Theft by deception". I filed charges and he was arrested. He fessed up and the Judge set him up on a re-payment schedule or go to jail. I got my money back. Don't give up and let this A--hole win. Hang in there...

14. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

You're too far away :(

15. stromberg

stromberg

The BAR is a good place to go with this, but if it is not a shop, just some guy out of his garage or something like that they will not be able to do anything with him.

16. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

judgements are kinda fun, if someone has really jerked you around. I had a buy owed me money (failed to pay for services rendered) - took him to court, he didn't bother to show up...got my judgement....the court checks with every bank in town to see if the person has money...each time they do that - the bill grows. If there's no money to seize, (there wasn't) you get to lien an asset (or more) - He had a business and a house - I put a lien on both of them. Also liened a property he owned in OR. He finally called me up and offered to pay the original balance - told him the time for that was long past - court was now in charge. He had a buyer for his house, and could not sell it because of the lien. He had to pay the court the original debt, interest accrued, charges for service on each and every bank they tried. It would up being about four times what he originally owed. I got my money back, and the interest. Going the legal route provides substantially more satisfaction then any other type of retribution - I've tried both, and you're on safer ground with the law on your side instead of banging on your door.

Get on down to small claims court (make sure you don't exceed their limit in your state) and begin the paperwork. They will need to know his legal name and any and all addresses you have for him.

best of luck - next time repeat: "Caveat Emptor" five times before you dig out your wallet.

dj

17. r0yal

r0yal
    from winnipeg

haha, no shit.

18. big creep

big creep

wow best move ever!

19. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Lesson learned. Now ya gotta learn to fight or learn to build yer own stuff

20. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

That is a hell of a good way to go to fix the problem. Crap if I was smarter guy I wouldn't have to kick any asses

21. shotgunbettie

shotgunbettie
    from San Diego

Great advice propwash!

22. mackster

mackster

SO CAL is a small pond...people who do stuff like that get a bad wrap and they bring shame to their club. hopefully the club hears about it and deals with it properly. No need for this....

23. He will get his in the end.

24. Yes, this is truely a "traditional" site. Long standing traditions, such as being ripped off, and being taken advantage of, have been going on since the first civilizations. With the "information highway" we have today, I am surprised this situation can and does still occur. I feel your pain, but simply put-trust is a powerful thing, not to be given or taken lightly. These low lifes seem to have an uncanny perception of identifying their nest subjects. They typically have a smooth tongue, and can sound quite convincing, a true salesman..don't be fooled (I'm sure you won't be again). Good luck with resolving this matter, however you get it done.

25. johnboy13

johnboy13

It sucks, but don't get too discouraged. I had the same thing happen to me back in 1999. Mike Bond in Rockford, IL on the corner of Rt 2 and Prairie Road screwed me big time. I put his name and location in case anyone Googles his name in the future. I drove my '52 F-1 Panel to his house, gave him 2000 bucks to buy and install a subframe and put it all back together "turn-key", he sent it back to me on two different tow trucks, stole my Buick engine and transmission, sent me a crap Chevy engine and transmission, and then told me I'd never get it back on the road. Long story-short, I learned a valuable lesson, and haven't had anyone else work on ANY of my vehicles for ANY reason since. I've done it all myself, and have probably saved that $2500 in labor twice over in the past 11 years. On top of it, I know every square inch of my '57 F100. The only bolts in the entire truck I haven't had out are the cab mount bolts, and that'll change this summer when I learn to paint it. I went from being a "I don't know how to do it, so I'll pay someone else to do it" kinda guy to a "I don't wanna pay someone else to do it, so I'll learn to do it myself" kinda guy. I still get pissed when I think about it, but in reality, that 2000 bucks turned out to be money well spent.

26. rustyhood

rustyhood

Kick his ass and when he gets over that one, Kick his ass again for interest!
    Sounds like a real POS!

27. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Do this. Years in the future, someone leaves him a house etc,... you get a surprise bonus.

wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com www.ridefree.com

28. Griznant

Griznant

I've heard of that guy, his last name is Sanchez, but he doesn't usually use the middle name Steve. ;)

29. NVScouter

NVScouter

If you were up north I'd let you use my garage/welder/paint etc.

But for all the bandwagoners. I hear ya I've been screwed too and its the main reason I do my own stuff. I've been building rockcrawler for about 15 years.

At the point I got pretty good I started helping others and I've been screwed more by people I've helped then people I've hired. I've had to dispose of vehicles, parts, animals left at the property, and take random knobb's girlfriends home. Not to mention all the times I've never been paid for service and parts. Even times it was as simple as a six pack for fully welding in a cage.

I'm sure I'll get boned again but I guess its the price I pay for being a suedo nice guy and sleeping well at night mostly.

thats my $1.25 any ways.

30. shotgunbettie

shotgunbettie
    from San Diego

I have learned a very expensive lesson in life. I'm going to go the legal route first and will just be patient. Karma is a bitch and always comes back to get you! Maybe someone from his club will see this thread and make him man up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.