Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Lowriding Magazine out.....Butt, lownslow???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radshit, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

Issue#4 already at the printers, look for the black cover in a few weeks :)

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Been following this thread and have been looking for the mag. It must not be getting down here. Can not find at my Barnes and Nobles ?

As with most of this thread, I love the traditional Lowriders. was born in LA and lived in various areas until the late 70s (including eagle rock, E. LA and other locals when I was little.) then moved to the foothills in Tujunga until the early 80's when we went to the NW. I can remember by uncle coming over to my parents place around about '77 with a 70 Riv on wires and juice. Burned a hole in my head.. My fav has to be the 66 riv and 59/62/63 Impalas

I have owned a set of 59 spinners for over 20 yrs in hopes of someday putting them on a set of large hub wires.. just have not had a car that would take the look (thou my 53 wagon could possible handle the look).

I will keep an eye out for the mag.

3. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

man that mag is pretty lame hopefully it gets better i know its the first issue and all but it looks like regular lowrider with out the girls

4. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

To say it the same, no idea how you came to that comparison. We actually have had 3 issues and have had females in all of them. We also do not have motorcycles, imports, new trucks, suvs, pages and pages of rim ads and do not make any inferences to race. you are entitled to your opinion, but didnt elaborate on what you found to be lame. Too big of photos? Not enough detailed shots? Paper grade need to be better? More girls? As far as getting better, every issue we improve on something.

5. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

The hottest girl was the one with the glasses...

Please get rid of the gangster look throughout the mag. It doesn't suit a good mag like yours.

feature less gold hoppers and bikes, nothing past 1975 (that Caddy didn't belong in the september issue)- more bombs, classic lows and hot women :)

my .02

6. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Barnes & Noble Tustin Market Place (5/Jamboree) has em.

7. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

The girl with the glasses was my favorite too. Heard she's looking for a good man :)

The bikes are a big part of low riding. Gets the kids involved and lets them have a spot light. I don't like it when older men are doing it; takes away from the kids. We shoot more classic cars then we do anything else. The newer cadillacs and lincolns are part of what is going on in the scene. Still rear wheel drive luxury cars. Those will end up being the new classics of the future IMHO. I hear your opinion though, i hear it a lot. I'm not a big hopping fan, but many are, so we include it. HOT WOMEN ALWAYS! Have to give different flavors when we can. The "gangster look", that is a hard concept to go over. Some owners just have that appearance, and we do try to include families in the lay out when we can. Good opinion, and thanks for saying what you do and dont like.

Pass the Tustin/Irvine Market Place all the time. Need to go look and see where we were placed. :) Again, good looking out and thanks for the feedback. We do talk about all things said.

8. HD Lowrider

HD Lowrider

I found the mag at the Barnes & Noble across the street from the Mainplace Mall (Santa Ana, CA)

The articles are interesting/informative and the pics are excellent. :cool:

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I finally found an issue last weekend at the local Barnes and Noble. great issue. more 40-54 chevys. but I dig seeing some of the old show cars.

10. Eryk

Eryk

Are you blind, illiterate, or both?

11. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

:rolleyes:

12. Longroof64

Longroof64

Dude, what mag were you reading? See, we're here talking about (said slowly and loudly) Tra-dition-al Low-rid-ing Mag-a-zine... :)

Longroof

13. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

Thanks for the kind words and support guys. I really don't think he looked at the magazine. Issue 4 should be in the stores by the 28th and 29th of this month. Ill post the cover soon.

14. Colombo

Colombo

I've been collecting LowRider Magazines since the 80's and stopped due to the amount of advertisment in the magazine and because there are more pages of rims than cars. When I buy mag's I want to see pic's and read stories not look at advertisement.

-SO-

I just bought the September issue of Traditional Lowriding and I must say I am very impressed. The magazine is printed on good quality paper for one and although I am not an expert, the pictures are clear and with the close-up shots, the detail you see is awesome. I have friends that are into LowRiding and have bought LRM for years and since then have decided to buy Traditional Lowriding because there are no SUV's or Imports. Keep up the good work and keep it REAL.

p.s. Add some bombitas when ever possible.

15. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

"I've been collecting LowRider Magazines since the 80's and stopped due to the amount of advertisment in the magazine and because there are more pages of rims than cars"

Hey Beaner, I live in East Los and all the low riders i know have given up on Low Rider Magazine. They are all about money and don't give a shit about the low riders anymore. They act like they do so we can keep on building them or else they wont have anything to shoot.... but they don't care! They put up this front with Low Riders Hall of Fame but they have disrespected so many of the original car clubs and thier members and now only play favorites to the ones (clubs) who bring the most members or who donate the most money to the magazine, either by advertising thier shop or by helping out with the show or just by being paid off....Screw that! We call it...Low Rider Catalog.....Not Low Rider Magazine. :mad:

16. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

I finally found a place selling the mag... and have picked up the last 2 issues (#2 and #3 I believe) and have thoroughly enjoyed both. I look forward to picking up future issues.

17. Ooh ooh! A chance to show off the pinstriping on my '77 Ford Thunderbird.:D
    Traditional Lowriding is a cool mag.

Attached Files:

18. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

I agree with SHORTDOG LRM is all about the money.Maybe if the editor would stop smoking he would be more down to earth and understand the true lowriding.

19. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

20. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

nice cover! ah miss joilie great choice anthat sixt-one is hot.:cool:

21. lgh1157

lgh1157

i'll buy it just for that :D

L

22. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

i didnt know who she was. i guess i was the last to find out, even some fireman we spoke to knew who she was. haha

23. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

finally got my hands on TLM!!!!

thanks again TGH1157!!!!!

man ,this mag beats all other lowrider type mags hands down!
    photography,articles, quality of paper,no BS ad's!!!

its like The Rodders Journal of lowriding:D

24. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

Stay tuned, we will be improving it dramatically. i did say dramatically too :)

25. TLMEditor

TLMEditor

Hopefully you guys read the letter from the Managing Editor :)

26. sleepy_01

sleepy_01
    from Denver, CO

I live in Denver, Colorado and I would like to get a copy of this magazine, how can I receive a copy. Do you have a web site???

Les C

27. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks like a great mag. I'll be checking out the local stores for it.

28. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

You do know this thread is over two years old don't you?

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I got two copies and that was the end of that

30. I got one or two also! It was pretty cool, although I think it may be gone now....:(

Joel