Register now to get rid of these ads!

White wall toppers??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fifty5rod, Jul 30, 2012.

1. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I just ditched the Porta-Walls that came installed on my Buick. They look like they wear out long before the tires and looked like hell, but who knows how long they were on there. Word of caution though, if they dry-out like mine had, they can be downright sharp on the edges...

2. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Im definetly saving up for the real deal!!

3. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

The smaller ones look better and are tucked up onto the tire more. I have one we use for display and it fools the heck out of people.

4. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

The smaller ones look better and are tucked up onto the tire more. I have one we use for display and it fools the heck out of people.

5. docmike

docmike

I think I'll stick with real white walls on my car but, I think port-a-walls look great on the trailer that I pull behind my motorcycle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the current offering from Moon.

Doc

6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone here have a regular whitewall ground back?

7. twistedridez

twistedridez

Thanks for the Info... Always wondered myself!

8. I've got a couple sets of the old METAL port-a-walls hanging in my shop. Found them in the trunk of a 49 Plymouth years back. Talk about not looking user friendly! Really had never seen metal ones before I found these.

9. BURRITO

BURRITO
    from (213)

anyone say, revive a thread??? :)

i am a noob to custom car culture but my first truck had 14" wheels with port-o-walls/ white wall toppers/ ww inserts and i have had no problems with them. they dont sit flat but still not too bad... and, later, had to buy new/used tires but they still worked fine on the new radials. i like em'.

the only issue i had was the tire shop guy does not like to put them on... haha so now i have to learn to put them on myself :D