Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Project Cars: The Roller Stage.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

yeah, that little car is gonna rule.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Yup. I hit that stage just a couple of weeks ago. Now I can't sleep, I don't eat. Work is something I do just for the money... I'm living for that car.

And mine is nowhere near as cool as that coupe!

I feel for ya.

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What sucks is when you get STUCK in that stage for too long! HAHA!!! Then you REALLY can't sleep!

Yep! That car is going to rule!

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am forever stuck in the planning stage because I don't have the talent to get further. Try living with that you Son of a Bitch!!!:D

Correction: The already does rule Mr. Scooter.

7. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Very nice!

My shoebox just got to the roller stage a month or so ago--and I know just what you guys mean about getting stuck as a roller: I have to pay some bills before I can actually get it driving.

Not to hijack the thread, but here's a photo of how it looks now. Wish me luck!

Attached Files:

8. monster

monster

I know the feeling, its nice to see it put into words. great work ryan

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeesh! Not enough coffee this morning JJ? ;):D

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

lookin good Kevin

I can almost hear the blown flathead

11. That car looks like the stuff most people can only dream about !! Totally the shizz !!! >>>>.

12. Lucky77

Lucky77

Man, there's nothing cooler than the first time you roll it outside and stand back 20-30 feet and take it all in. I had given up on my car, cut it and the chassis up and shoved it in the corner. Lots of people on the HAMB helped me out and I had it rolling on a new frame within two weeks. The first two pics are from mid March 2007. The driving pic is from mid March 2008. Just over a year from giving up all hope, to having the time of my life. But the first time I rolled it out I knew I made the right decision to keep going.

Attached Files:

13. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

looks great Kevin!
    keep up the good work

I know I get stuck at that roller stage, when it looks cool enough to look at... all I wana do is stare at it...
    Seems everything just turns into "work" for me once its looking good and figured out in my head....

14. Kevin killer car an yes its nice to finally see a roller for inspiration.As always well put Ryan,it helps all of us to keep the faith.O by the way on your advise Kevin i bought the steering wheel fro DE SOTO nice work.THANKS!!

15. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

First thing: You all need to take note that my friend JAY WARD (Jivebomber) wrote this entry. haha.

Second: I know everything has looked largely the same for a while, but I am finally reaching the end of the metalwork on the body. Driver's side quarter is patched and passenger door welded.

Mig welding and grinding = succubus. I'm finishing what I have with available tools now but planning to get fully set up to gas weld from here on out.

Floors and lead next.

16. fms427

fms427

Yep, the "Roller" stage is second only to the "Start-up" phase !! But then its all downhill into the "Finish Bodywork" phase -----sand, sand, sand......more sanding . The reason a lot of my projects stop in the "Primer" stage.....:D

17. Inspiring kevin. I love how the windshield corners flow.

18. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

You owe me a ride it that thing when I come back to KC, Sukka!
    :D

19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

thanks for posting Jay,
    I knew it was you,
    Kevin always posts one little artsy picture at a time

20. Nice car but he should really think about chopping it:)

21. NOTCH

NOTCH

22. O shit I'm sorry Jive-Bomber,I guess I'm lucky that I manage to read the post at all seeing how I didn't even notice who posted it.

23. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Last June I had a 10 week layoff at work. Our truck was nothing more than a chopped cab sittin on the shop floor, a pile of tubing and a heap of parts. I got up every day at 5am and headed to the shop, put in an 8-10 hour day. By the time I went back to work it was a roller. Then I REALLY didn't want to be at work.:mad: I took 3 vacation days the first week I was back. :D

24. KCsledz

KCsledz

great stuff Kevin. Its a screamer and its not even finishd yet.

25. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

A true testament to "just do it".

26. Thanks I needed that!!!!!

27. flamingokid

flamingokid

What sucks is being in the "I wanna do another project" stage and then remembering all the crap you went through on the last one.BTW,sharp ride.

28. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

goin fast sitting still...

kevin, your car embodies that statement

29. HAHAHA so true and soooo frustrating.:D But I will take any pictures I can get from this build. This car has attitude written all over it. KILLER!