Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 HAMB drag videos

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Willy_P, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Willy_P

Willy_P

Just got back to KC, and want to share a few videos from yesterday.
    My first try at youtube posting, so it took a little while to get the link straight..

http://www.youtube.com/user/WillyP50/videos

Next year I will remember not to shoot throught the chickenwire :D

Willy P

2. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

thanks for posting

3. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

nice work , next year i'll be there.

4. oldsman71

oldsman71

thanks for posting!! later cobey

5. masters9661

masters9661

Thanks for putting the videos on youtube. They look awesome!!! Nice to meet you and thanks for the visit. Looking forward to next year.

6. brad fuller

brad fuller
    from toronto ks

first time I ever seen the car in a video from the side and not looking for something I did wrong in the ones we take from the back thank you

7. squirrel

squirrel

Nice, thanks!

8. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

9. Willy_P

Willy_P

My apology for the first round captions - they were uploaded after midnight the day of the races and I was having an impaired youtube experience - I have cleaned out some dupes and captioned them to be easier to find. Anyone have info on the hotrod hoodlum gasser? I found one link on the web referencing Jim Jard, but no luck yet finding him on the board.

10. squirrel

squirrel

Great work on the videos, thanks!!

11. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

thanks for the video!! i wish i coulda got the organgrinder to hook up. played with air pressure every run and just couldn't get it to stick! still had a blast though!!

12. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

hot rod hoodlum gasser that be me whats up man ? and thanks for the vid.

13. Willy_P

Willy_P

Pleased to meet you and thanks for bringing your car, AWESOME!
    I was "task saturated" taking videos, and realized when I got home, that I failed to get HAMB names to post with videos for proper credit on YouTube - I missed all the wheelies keepin cars in frame! Just now seeing them, and may have you in another tonite. Had to run home to let the dogs out
    Willy P

14. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

ok thanks again and now looking forwward to another one if u have. my son usually goes and does a lot of videos but he couldnt make it this year. so im hoping some surface cause i just started pullen them wheels a couple of months ago.

15. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Thought I had hung one on the grinder only to find out his front brakes were stuck because of a bad line lock, and he still ran me down! We had a blast, thanks for the vid. We have some vids from the go pro cam we will load soon.

16. Willy_P

Willy_P

Ahhh, the wonders of the camera!
    I thought philroy spanked that COOL lookin Olds, but he said he ran out of top end and he saw the olds' tail lights thru the traps!
    Win or lose, it was exciting, and I appreciate the feedback because videoing a race in not the same as watching it.
    Willy P

17. Willy_P

Willy_P

I have added a few more videos, but having iphone issues and will need to sync before doing more, hopefully did not lose any.
    Additions - seadog from Shelby NC - drove about 900miles and raced his transportation (Squirrel drove about 1200 miles and did the same, along with a pumpkin swap before the race - the man has skills!)
    Iowa Bill's 44 year corvette resurrection#2, Philroy vs a cool yellow 55 chevy( can someone get me his HAMB name?), RatRodNut Willys+wheelie vs Fiat altered, organ grinder vs Black Anglia(HAMB name?), 65 comet - Kansas I think, Henderson/Keck/Farber 56 vs 7 Deadly Sins(wheelie), and bulletproof1 53 ford vs Henry J (HAMB name?)
    If you know the HAMB names of the guys I have missed, either respond here or PM me and I will get the updates posted.

18. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

Henry j hamb name outcast

19. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

cool yellow 55 chevy( can someone get me his HAMB name?), Thats me... Pooch

Thanks for the videos.

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

21. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

22. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

Thanks a million Bill.

Mitch

23. Willy_P

Willy_P

I got my iPhone cleaned up and recovered some more videos - there are over 40 posted on youtube now, and I could use some help identifying the HAMB drivers.
    The one with the highest hit count at this time is none other that squirrel vs flamedabone on his last run with a longtime friend - presumably you know that Jeff's engine ran hard as always before it gave its last on this run, but he was able to drive all the way home to the east coast before she gave it up. What a way to go...a piece of 10th anniversary HAMB drag history.

24. Willy_P

Willy_P

BTT
    Can you identify the car names and driver HAMB names in these videos?
    There are over 40 videos now, some with no credits.
    Squirrel/flamedabone were highest hit yesterday, Fuel dragsters edged them out today, but not by much, and in third RatRodNut Black Willys HotRod Hoodlum burnout/wheels up
    Thanks

25. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Nice vids, Thanks!

26. Tater Bug

Tater Bug

27. Willy_P

Willy_P

Hey Nate, nice five seven!
    I got you updated. Tell me a little about it - what did time/speed did you post, How long have you been working on it, what is the engine and drive train like? PM if you like.
    Thanks!
    Bill

28. Tater Bug

Tater Bug

Thanks Bro!!

My dad (with little help from me) built the car for me to drive when i turned 16 back in 1990.. Then it had Cragar big and littles with a dropped front end. Mild 350 and a 4 speed.... Super cool! I have held on to it for all these years and decided a few years back to lift the front and get some more beef with a solid cam 406 and tougher automatic trans as well as a Chrysler 8 3/4 rear equipped with 4.10 gears and a spool. My father-in-law (HenryJ on the HAMB) built the new engine and the spring stools and spacers for the front and the new attitude was born!

It ran it's fastest E.T. ever at the HAMB drags this year.. a 12.4 at 106.

When my kids get through college and quit bleeding me dry, I plan on a frame off.. but for now, I'm just havin fun!!

29. Philroy

Philroy

Bill, thanks for the fellowship and the awesome vids. You did great. Jnt1957, I love your choice of car and color. I was driving the other yellow 57 there. It 14.3 @ 92mph. Not to bad for a little 327 with street tires. Pooch, thanks for the awesome runs. I had a blast. I hope you did too.

-Philroy