Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Barn find or Hoarding!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRUZN60, Sep 8, 2011.

1. studematt

studematt

Thats right. Its never been about the money for me. I hope the market falls out of all this stuff tomorrow so I can go buy more.

2. a-fordable

a-fordable

3. toolz1175

toolz1175
    from IL

Simply amazing. There seems to be hundreds of thousands of items there. If a person lives to an old age, their adult life is around 20-25,000 days long. How many items did he bring home EVERY DAY? It would take 3 days to sell off the toys alone. Seems they would have to sell in lots, as in "you're bidding on this wall of license plates" or "you're bidding on this row of bicycles". How else could this volume be sold in 3 days? Looks more like a month of 12 hour auction days to get through it all individually, unless there will be many auction rings going at the same time. About 3 hours from me- would sure like to go.

4. autobilly

autobilly

My sentiments exactly. A superb collection that I suspect cost Mr Hartung more time than money.

5. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

ANY updates OR the out come on the auction ?

Any comments on how it turned out .

Did everything go smooth ?

Did anyone see the faimly, are they doing O.K.?

6. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

this is awesome! I wish I had the money and passion to own this gold. And it looks like it's all inside. Now is the time for all the whiners to step up and put your money where your mouth is. Lets see how many make a bid.

7. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

While it would be nice to have some of these items....let's look at the positive side; NONE of it went to the crusher !!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

STILL TIME! It is next month!:D

9. Incredible!, but like they say, you never see a U-haul trailer behind a hearse.

10. i guess if the guy got some fun out of it and he could afford it good for him

11. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

12. jipp

jipp

13. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Like flies to shit! This place will be crazy the day of the auction! Good luck to the Hamb members who venture to this auction. Post what you bought :)
    J

14. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

15. slammed

slammed

Exactly! So much stuff was crushed/scrapped the last 5 years, saving it comes first. Hoarding? Because someone else has something you WANT.

16. He who dies with the most toys wins...So I guess the game is over...Lee wins

17. Sucks that the guy who had all of that passed away...amazing collection!

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

what a great collection, if it were not for people like him, our hobby would have died years ago, Good cars like that are better than money in the bank, and I am shure he enjoyed showing his collection to other people. The stuff has been well taken care of and treated with respect, whether we drive our cars or not , at the end, we are just care takers of our stuff and this gives the oportunity for others to enjoy our hobby.

19. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

It is truely excessive. Also it is incredible! thanks god for guys like Lee that had enough brains to set all of those jewels aside. yes it is a bit much and one man could never get to all of them, but now we all have a chance to own something because of his "hoarding". Personally i dont think id do it myself. id rather see them getting something done with them. i have a small hoard, but usually if im not doing anything but looking at the gems i like to pass them on. thanks Lee for saving all that "junk" for us car lovers! have a grand final ride uptown!

20. Peterson32

Peterson32

Amazing....thank you lee!!!!!

21. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

you can look at the lots up for aution here-
    http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/event.cfm?SaleCode=LH11

wait till you get to the "NOS 30's ford parts" section...

Also, I see alot of questions about the "twin nose Zephyr".
    Apparently it was a conversion sold by the Pines Winterfont company.
    In that link I posted, there is a nice little "newspaper" PDF that details some of the highlight items.

Also the thing that blows my mind is Lee Roy was apparently a Scrap/junk man who was actually PAID to remove much of his finds by unknowing people. amazing.

Time to hit the lottery, just over a week away... lol

22. billylo

billylo

Holy crap.....I knew there was alot of cool stuff, but dang.

23. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Good news (I hope) - working a deal with the estate to buy back my uncle's old license plate for a fair price. Knock wood.

One thing I should mention about Lee - he could be generous when you least expect it; he gave me a couple boxes of models once, and he also offered me - free! - a '29 Model A roadster pickup, really a running shortened chassis and cowl that had been used to pull a mower around a golf course, but rods have been built starting with less. I had to respectfully decline because there was no way my folks were going to let me keep it in the driveway, especially with the steel lawn tractor wheels on the rear... So who's in the area and going to the auction?

24. AntiBling

AntiBling

Exactly, I know a lot of "hoarders" I prefer to call them collectors, they like showing off what they got, but these people who immediately have jealousy for people who have something they want and won't sell it, I just don't get. This isn't a hobby for a lot of people, it's a lifestyle. You need to make friends with people, and be genuine, do things to help others into this lifestyle without expecting anything in return, and someday you may find your golden ticket to the chocolate factory.

Not everyone can be bought with money.

25. hudson48

hudson48

26. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

wow, talk abought mixed emotions.
    makes me wanna sell something and buy something different.

27. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

28. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to the preview today was a good size crowd there. So much stuff it was impossible to see everything. I liked that they put a bunch of related stuff together. I don't think I will be a bidder, the prices will get out of control I am sure. I did love the pedal car junk yard.

Attached Files: