Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Barn find or Hoarding!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRUZN60, Sep 8, 2011.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface

Yea, this auction should bring good money in, even in this economy. he has things i've never seened before. Heck, just the $20.00 to be there will bring in a nice bundle for the amount of people i would expect that would show up.

2. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

hey ! he has the 1965 tonka fire engine my neighbor jeffrey smashed with a brick in 1975 ..my first birthday present *sniff , whimper whimper *

3. Totally agree!

4. Thanks to all the people that collected all this stuff, other wise all we would be doing is collecting pictures of cars and parts.

5. dmikulec

dmikulec

I feel your pain. I got my first record player in 1970 for Christmas and lost it in a move a few years later. Finally found another one, mint on eBay a couple years ago. Same with my old collection of Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars!

Lee's alright in my book. :cool:

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I wonder how much of this will be resold in the next year.

7. dudley32

dudley32

probably a bunch...so sad at least to me..all that stuff acumulated over the years..and never reaped the benifits..sad to say the least..R.I.P.

8. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I think he did reap the benefits. He got to enjoy it all those years.

Kevin

9. speedyg948

speedyg948

sweet baby blue eyed jesus, what a stash! an amazing amount of everything anyone here wants!

10. 1929modela

1929modela
    BANNED

doesnt matter isnt yours

11. c57heaven

c57heaven

And his name and legacy lives on! (even after the collection is broken up...there will be few like it.

Look at the enjoyment or entertainment value he brought to the sad lot on the HAMB.:D

12. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I will be there and will be bidding my ass off! Jim

13. havi

havi

In the second video, can anyone explain to me the Northbrook car? I've never heard of it.

Hoarding is a disease where a person collects so much crap it overwhelms them, yet they do nothing about it.

Collecting is a pastime where a person collects stuff that brings them great pleasure, and they can do something about it if they want to.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  14. OldTC

OldTC

The wonderful thing about what he did, is the fact that all of that beautiful and irreplaceable stuff is still around to be enjoyed by people who appreciate it.

Who knows how much of that incredible collection would be rustin away and disappearing in the middle of landfills, farm ponds and washouts all over small-town America.

I say; “God bless him and may he rest in peace.” Too much of the beauty of American life has already disappeared, and it’s very satisfying to know that the items that he chose to save will be around for future generations to enjoy.

15. billylo

billylo

I think if you go to the auction close your eyes and hold your hand up(if money doesn't matter) you would get something cool......Because I really didn't see any trash, only Treasure...

16. i got spy photos today
    they are moving the cars outside now
    tk

17. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

remember its AMERICA, of course a lot of this stuff will be bought and resold, unless you would rather set on your porch and drink colt 45, and get a goverment check every month. GOD BLESS AMERICA and us collectors , hoarders and dealers in antigue car stuff. WE SHARE ....Cadillac Dave

18. lunchboxscuff

lunchboxscuff
    from Ojai,ca

I wana cry. Such amazing stuff! I hope it goes to the right people.

19. bagged36

bagged36

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

You don`t understand. It`s not all about the money.

21. Urena13

Urena13

If you can sit through the entire video. The 1949 Veritas is a car modified by a guy named Spohn. He made a number of other wacky/original cars. I had to take another look once I saw the tail fins on the 49 Veritas, turns out, after a bit more searching I found this link. http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?topic=12486.0[​IMG]

22. knotttty

knotttty

according to the dictionary "hoarding" is ......

• The acquisition of, and failure to discard, a large number of possessions that appear to be useless or of limited value
    • Living spaces sufficiently cluttered so as to preclude activities for which those spaces were designed
    • Significant distress or impairment in functioning caused by the hoarding
    • Reluctance or inability to return borrowed items; as boundaries blur, impulsive acquisitiveness could sometimes lead to stealing or kleptomania

seems to me he was a collector.. not a hoarder.... if he was a hoarder.... I guess we all are...in some sense.... I am amazed at what he collected all these years....

what a great life he must have lived... I was imagining him bartering for all the things he collected.. and just the array of people he must have met.. seems a very lucky , informed man..

Roy

23. The Hermann Spohn Carosserie was in Ravensburg, Germany and was indeed started in 1920 by Hermann, the man. However he died in 1923 so the business kept building custom bodies for many cars until its close in 1957. They built a couple or three dozen customs on American chassis in the early-mid 1950s. They are all interesting customs, some strange, some very cool like this totally hand formed '49 Olds. It looks like a stock coupe that has been chopped, channeled, sectioned but actually it is totally new sheet metal over the original chassis.

Oh, and I've read that Lee Roy Hartung said he didn't own the collection, that "the collection OWNED HIM". That probably speaks volumes!

Regarding breaking this museum up, several of the individual collections within it will sell to other big collectors and in ten or 20 years we will get to watch those be auctioned off again. And the beat goes on and on and on......

Attached Files:

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

You better claim that as your signature, otherwise someone else will.:)

25. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Exactly my point. He profited every day he got to enjoy his collection. How much better does it get than that?

Kevin

26. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

It amazes me how many people see this collection , only to think about what they can buy to turn around and sell it to make a buck.

27. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Xs 2

28. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

My thoughts exactly!

29. this isnt a farm auction
    there will be some big pocketbooks and high prices
    after all the f u fee's you pay and such good luck finding some meat on the bone
    tk

30. The aisles at Hershey will be buzzing about this for sure!