Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dad's Shoebox Custom in 1960

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. That is so Kool..
    Perfect 60's car...Tuck and roll, I love it.

3. turdytoo

turdytoo

If only.............

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Isn't that shipyard where the climax of the chase scene occurs in the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds?

That is a tight little ragtop, I'd say it was messed with just enough. That's a shame that the Rocket never worked out.

-Dave

5. BEAR

BEAR

thats so rad

6. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

Great story, the ones about self-reliance and some luck when things go wrong are my favorite. Different time indeed.

7. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Reminds me of cruising around in my buddy's 1950 convertible. He did most the work as a project in Voc school. We figured he doubled the weight of the car with all the bondo he used:D He painted it bright yellow with a white top

8. 55chevy

55chevy

Cool Ford! Reminds me, 10th grade, 1974, I went from Indiana to Las Vegas with a buddy's uncle to help him move/drive a 66 Lincoln back. He got a hitcher to drive a little jap truck. He had a box truck full of furniture/house stuff, dropped a valve outside Laramie Wyoming, got to spend a few days at the campground up in the mountains waiting on the truck to be fixed, another road trip memory.

9. T. Scott

T. Scott

good find love the pic

10. That is one of the nicest 51's I have ever seen. Looks great.

11. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Beautiful shoebox. It's cool how the body was left stock with the exception of the hubcaps and the lake pipes. It's lowered just enough to look custom. The stance is perfect. The icing on the cake is the tuck and roll interior and the Olds engine under the hood. What more could anyone ask for?

12. flamingokid

flamingokid

My Dad told me his '49 shoebox blew up between Fulton and Columbia.He grabbed a few parts loff the car,left the title in the glovebox,and hitched it back to Kansas City.That's another thing they did back in the day.

13. My Pop got out of the Navy after WWII, discharged at Norfolk after two years at sea. He moved back to Philadelphia, got a job downtown at the Franklin Insititute, got married, bought a 950 square foot house, built a garage, and bought a '50 Ford. Red.

He was just glad to be alive, happy that nobody was focused 24/7 on trying to kill him.

Circa 1950.

14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL