Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2009 Hot Rod Revolution

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Looks like that was a really good time for you all!!
    Unfortunately I was on the other coast again... :(

3. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Best. Show. Period. I'll post some of my pictures when I get home. Thanks Ryan for a wicked show.

4. NealinCA

NealinCA

Thanks again Ryan! The quality of people and cars were outstanding.

We hope to be back next year...and maybe I'll bring the kids along in the "rumble seat". ;)

Neal

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

wow. That looked like it contained every bit of the quality that the GNRS holds but in a more far cooler setting. I always wondered if you could touch the level of cars that was at my first attending of the GNRS this year but in a setting where you could hear and see the cars pull in and nothing was "behind the scenes". I think this show might have nailed it. Wish I was there.

6. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

Thanks Ryan, I had a great time..

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I really enjoyed hanging out with you man. We must surf together this year.

I was tickled shitless to see your car there with dave's. Thanks so much for coming man.

8. studhud

studhud

Ryan I had a good time hot as hell but awesome cars. Look forward to it again.
    Dave Hitch

PS J Ripper maybe someday I'll get a Fish Rod too!

9. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Most definitely. Enjoy Hawaii.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  10. Deadender60

Deadender60

Thanks for having us... even though we showed up a little late it was still worth the drive and heat to see some nice cars and hang out with friends. Thanks to Flip, Gordini and their ladies for letting us hang under the canopy... it was better than standing in the sun!

Viva la Revolución!

-Juan

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

great show. hot'r' than a snakes ass in a wagon rut. all my pics are on film, so have to wait a few days for them to get back.

don't rush the next show, do it in 2 years. keep the standards high.

12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Wow, makes me wish I was back in Sonoma Co. again....

13. autobilly

autobilly

Glad to hear it (HRR) went off well, especially after last years difficulties. The pic's look hot and cool!

14. doctorZ

doctorZ

I had a great time. Saw some people I knew and cars I didn't!

15. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

Good to see you Ryan. Maybe it should be called the HOT - Hot Rod Revolution. Musta been in the 100s. Super great time though.
    Thanks again, and we'll be talking soon!
    ;)

16. R COLE

R COLE
    from OC

Ryan ,the show was outstanding, glad to finally met you. i had a great time, looking forward to doing it again. ron

17. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Ryan, I always have a great time at this show. It is on my "must attend" list. The open house at Vern's is pure icing on top. We left Vern's and stumbled our way into another small show at a burger joint and that morphed into an impromptu shop crawl. We didn't get to the hotel until way after dark.

18. Ah, now I know where Rolo was.....I've been trying to get hold of him via email for the past couple of weeks!

Ryan, if you speak to him, can you let him know there's an email from Wayne at Kustom Ink waiting for him.....it's just about Vern's little book series.

Sorry to interrupt the thread!

19. DRD57

DRD57

20. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs ryan sorry we didnt get to chat the quality was hudge

21. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

I've posted it else where, best show i've been to. every car owner there had a cool story to share and the cheeseburgers were awesome Flip and Trish are way cool cos they let a couple aussies sit in their booth for hours.

22. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

Yes, well stated: HOT cars, HOT day, but COOL folks. Loved the show; lots different from two years ago. You guys put on a class act show. Thanks for doing it!

And to think I got to see the Ken Fuhrman roadster at its last show! He seemed to have a great time telling stories of the car, its build, and driving the wheels off it. Now I know how he made that plexi hood, and why it's not on the car anymore.

I shot a bunch of photos; those that aren't just detailed photos of how someone came up with a solution that I might use on my car can be found on my roadster build blog, linked below.

Thanks again for a great day to everyone who made this happen.

23. Turbo442

Turbo442

Ryan, I was honored that you would allow me to help out and be a part of the HHR. I enjoyed the first time I went so much and I GOT It! It's about the Cars, the People, and a Time in History
    This show reminds me of a lot of the small shows you would see in the little pages before the big promoters and all that angel hair happened.:D
    I just wanted to enjoy it from that aspect as well. I also wanted to give back a little as you give the rest of us so much here and thru all the events you put on throughout the year.

It was great to meet and hang out with you and Marcie as well as Vern, Keith and the Crew. Thanks to all for making me feel welcome.

It was so cool to have some of the Rods rumbling and roaring past to get in the park. They have so much more soul when they are running and driving. Everyone made the show so cool.

I have no problem being there to help out whenever needed, just say the word.

Oh yeah, Ryan you asked a few times "What's the word?" The word is actually two words; "Fucking Rad!"

Jason

24. Gaters

Gaters

The pictures made me sad I couldn't make it but enjoyed seeing all the traditionals. I even looked through Google map to see exactly where it was located. I have friends in Folsom and thought I might be able to stay with them to swing it but could only dream about being there. Looks like you guys had a great time.

25. Turbo442

Turbo442

Here are some I took.

Attached Files:

26. flat34pu

flat34pu

:DRyan, had a great time, sorry i did not get a chance to meet you, i did met Vern at the open house.
    hope to be there next year even with the heat.
    rich

27. Camm

Camm

Hey Ryan,

Nice to meet you. I had a good time. Thanks Camm:D

28. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks again Ryan and keith for putting on, which in my opinion is, the "Hot Rod Show of the Year". Did you guys make an event shirt for this year? I didn't recall seeing one and it would have been nice to bring home a memory of this years show like the first two:)
    We'll thanks again for the half-cab purchases and the support and can't wait for next years dealio. ...I just love seeing all these flatheads in one place and this was my first time seeing the super rare Elco heads with the dual plugs and special distributor, pretty cool and saw 3 cars running them!
    cheers,
    cab

29. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looks and sounds like a whole lotta fun! You write some great stories and what a outstanding way to thank all of the people. It definetaly looks like a awesome bunch of cars and crew. Well just saying thanks for sharing the experience with a lot of us that can't attend!:)

30. Clearly a very special show and time for everyone that attended. Thanks for these pictures and all the others that have been posted. Really gives a good understanding of the event. Well done.
    Allen