Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

another one for tacoma, not much of a drve in but REAL good burgers. frugals on pacific ave.

2. Renae

Renae

#1 Arts Bar in Riverside damn good cheeseburger...

#2 In n Out anywhere

3. lewislynn

lewislynn

Though it's not a drive-in, here in Modesto I like Mike's Roadhouse burgers and everything else on the menu (he also has a cruise in/car show every June during Graffitti week).

I can't for the life of me figure out what the attraction to In and Out burgers is. I can't figure out if they almost have meat or almost have no meat on their burgers...Carl's Jr or even Wendy's make a far superior burger to In and Out...IMO.

4. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

In Tulsa Weber's not too bad. Fuddruckers have cleaned up their act and is pretty damn good. Red Robin sucks. Used to go to "The Point" in Dallas, was fu*king outa site. If you're from Tulsa you all remember Pennington's. Was killer.
    Shit now I'm hungry at 3:00 AM and theres not anything open that I would eat. Well take that back----!
    ______________________________________________________________________---
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud, it just sucks!"

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

My wife and I will be in Redondo Beach for a few days and then down to Laguna Beach for four or five days. Where's the best burger joints around there?

6. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Next time I'm in Wisconsin I'll have to stop in. Does Leon's on 27th street still serve burgers?

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Ruby's in Redondo-Friday night for the Coke's n Cruise.
    Harbor House in Sunset Beach for great old time food
    Shore House in Balboa for cool circular bar and great food.
    Butch's Burgers? in Corona Del Mar,Laguna for grub.

8. There's also a Ruby's on Coast Hwy in Laguna and one in Corona del Mar.

9. WOW, the first person I have ever heard say they don't like IN N Out! Ever! I know a girl who moved from the SGV to Florida and occasionally has me FedEx a couple of Double Double's and re heats them (the fries taste crappy reheated though)

10. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Foster's on Waring in San Diego - every thursday night. Burgers, Ice Cream and Hot Rods.

- Joe

11. Animal style!!! @ IN & OUT

12. They're used to be a cool place in the Niles area of Fremont, CA called "Big Daddy's Cookhouse". It was like a mini car show/ bike show there every Saturday night. But the place burned to the ground. I always had a nice juicy patty melt. The cook would slather butter onto the rye bread with a paint brush, and then throw tons of grilled onions and cheese in there. Mmmmm

13. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Thanks to all who let me know about good places to eat in so cal. We'll try them all!

14. The Burger Thread ! I need me a Frisko Freeze Burger now after reading a few post. Yum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. skyrodder

skyrodder

Big Burger V on the North side of Houston

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. lewislynn

lewislynn

I didn't really say I don't like them, I just don't know why anyone would think they're so terrific.

If anyone was around when you could get a hamburger, fries and a coke and get change back from a dollar at McDonalds they'd know THOSE were the best fries ever.

17. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:cool::cool:

18. Abomination

Abomination

19. Abomination

Abomination

This place in KC is awesome, too:

[​IMG]

~Jason

20. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

That was when they were fried in pure animal fat. Delicious, but not politically correct these days.

21. lewislynn

lewislynn

Who exactly gets to dictate what is politically correct?

22. Burger joints ! Boys ! who cares what the fries are cooked in ! I haven't had a McD's burger and fries in almost two years , sound good though, hmmm yum.

23. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

Another awesome burger is here at Twisters Imperial Mo. Not a old buisness but a old building on Main St.
    [​IMG]

24. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

What the HELL does politics have to do with animal fat???

25. HEY PUNK, you want the best tacos in So. Cal. you go to Tito's Tacos in Culver City on Washington Blvd. I go every time I go to the Long Beach Sawp Meet.

26. can you say Rat Shit Tacos or Rat-Tar-Tar?

27. Liberals (Democrats). They feel it's their calling to save us from ourselves. :(

28. lewislynn

lewislynn

Pretending you're avoiding animal fat by having fries cooked in vegetable oil while eating a double cheese burger isn't political correctness, it's idiocy.

29. I've never said no to a good burger! Unfortunately my ride is only about halfway done.:(

30. My buddy's and I stopped at the one near Malibu when we were out there for the Roadster show a couple of years ago. It had a dinning area on the roof that you could look out at the Pacific. The food was good and the shake I had was very good. InNout was very good too. We had their food at the SoCal open house!:D
    [​IMG]