Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. eye bone

eye bone

Ya I miss that place.

I think they called the Fries "Supper Fries!" They were really just "Tatter Tots," but cooked just right.

2. Mopar34

Mopar34

We ain't got many good old fashion burger joints around here other than your run of the mill fast food places. So I guess it would be from the grill on my deck. Burgers are made with chopped onion and bacon and topped with hot pepper cheese. Hmmm, Hmmm Good. Short of my place, I guess I would have to say the Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger place about 25 miles down the road.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

The place is called Freddie Burgers on 51st Av & Bell Great burgers! love the chili cheese fries too!the custard is A++, the hot dogs,don't bother.

4. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

St Helena in the Napa Valley is Taylors Automatic Refresher...more on the gourmet side and a little more spendy but worth it!!

Vals' in Hayward Ca......spot is owned and operated by hot rodder!! Great old fashoned burgers...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  5. art.resi

art.resi

Then there is pinks on Melrose and La Brea,great dogs, burgers and fantastic fries.

6. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

ok.. first off.. taco lita blows ass.. its like taco bell.. with famous taco sauce thats practically mixed with ketchup. I Love tommys after a night of drinking.. but my all time fav spot is THE HAT!! Burger with Chilicheese fries with pastrami on top.. sorry but there is nothing better.. The Hat my friends.. call me up anytime.
    Ill buy =)
    Anthony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  7. The Rodeo was a great burger joint, sad to see it disappear. Surprised nobody from North Vancouver mentioned the "Tomahawk". I remember ordering a "Chief" burger,asked if it came with fries,they said you won't have room.:D
    They were right,Wow!

8. Damn ... haven't been to Val's in ages ... used to frequent the place back in my college days ... do they still serve Papa burgers? .... mmmm!

In Danville, CA ... try the burgers at

Norm's Place.jpg
    NP-interior.jpg
    NORM'S PLACE - Remodel.JPG
    Norm's Place - The Hartz Burger.jpg

... 356 Hartz Avenue ... www.NormsGrill.com ... this bar & grill is also owned and operated by a Hot Rodder ... Justin Walsh (a member of the prestigious Bonneville 200MPH Club).

Also founded, owned & operated by a Hot Rodder (the late Robert Jacobs) is BOB'S GIANT BURGERS in Fremont, CA (Fremont Blvd. in the Irvington District):

BGB-Fremont.jpg
    BGB-Fremont Menu.jpg

... and in Pleasanton, CA (First St. near Specialty Auto Sales):

BGB-Pleasanton.jpg
    BGB-P-town Menu.jpg

In San Jose, Ca some folks swear by Sliders Burgers (on West San Carlos St.) or Kirk's SteakBurgers (on South Bascom Ave.) ... but I still prefer the Juicy Burger on Bascom:

2675299552_e632143b6f.jpg

... not a burger joint ... but one of my faves in San Jose (on Stevens Creek Blvd. near Bascom) is Falafel's Drive-In ... been there since the 60's ... get the large falafel sandwich & fresh banana shake:

2202888125_10465ec1b5.jpg
    1462014582_c14517dc1f.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, I'm up 4 that! Got the original location over in Alh. and the one closer to me in Temple City.:D

10. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

:D:cool::rolleyes:....Oh I forgot about Runza too, it's not to bad, it's a chain type place but makes most fast food joints look bad.

11. Abomination

Abomination

...unless you have issue eating at places with "runs" in the name. ;) LOL!

Those things are good, but get all over when I drive. :(

~Jason

12. Allan Songer

Allan Songer

Haven't lived in San Francisco for 30 years, but I still get to Red's for a burger, fries and a beer at least twice a year. Red (there were two "Reds"--I think they were twin brothers) passed away a while back, but his daughter runs the place now. Burgers are on an authentic San Francisco sourdough roll. Incredible . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Odd rod i agree for burgers about HO Dads.
    Ho dads is pretty great. The burger was so big and greasy i actually had to call out sick to work the next morning. i was out for the count.
    Anthony i agree on for The Hat on Pastrami. Simply amazing this place is. First time i was there i ordered the onion rings that of course came in "The Bag" sopping wet on the bottom with grease. then my dumb ass and band left from The Hat to go play a two our show in Orange and i felt i was going to die on stage. I loved it and always go back-

14. When you get up here for the Primer Nats you have to go to The Habit. I hate to say it but it is better then In-n-Out and i grew up on that shit.[​IMG]

15. How bout WINS on A street .....Double billy burger !!

16. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Even though Taco Lita is not a burger joint in my opinion they have the best Tacos! I ate at the Habit in West L.A. years ago, was not impressed at all! Bob's ( I know its more of a chain) has some of my favorite tasting burgers!

17. skyrodder

skyrodder

How about my favorite taco stand?? HA!
    [​IMG]

18. Hmm? Taco stands? let's try that one later on O.K. ? Some really cool old places have popped up ! thanks to everyone that has posted. I know there are some places here in Tacoma that are long , say Busch's Drive Inn( S. Tacoma Way) There was a small joint on Pacific ave in Parkland, think it was the The Hand Out, any Parklanders remember it?

19. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

have no pics but Waco Tx has Double R and Health Camps MMMMMM..........
    later
    RC

20. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

LOL, I think your more likely to get runs from Taco John's though...

Yeah, I had one go all over the seat in my Cutlass when I went to go get lunch a couple weeks ago...:(

Never take a nice car out to lunch...

21. You ate at the Hamburger Habit in L.A. not The Habit BIG difference and i agree the one in L.A. Sucks.

22. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

#1. Whataburger- Corpus Christi/All of Texas

#2. Dan's Hamburgers- Buda/Austin, TX

#3. Whopperburger - Robstown, TX

23. Here in Joplin, we have Stogey's on E 7th Street, and 4 locations of a
    local place called Babe's. All good burgers.

Then the one and only "Fred & Red's" on South Main. Been around a lotta
    years. Their burgers are OK, but the best thing is Spaghetti Red at the
    horseshoe shaped counter.

http://[​IMG]

24. dw123

dw123

Last week it was 5 In-N-Outs in 7 days, now back over here in the land of rain and getting withdrawl symptoms....

25. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

I think I remember The Hand Out in Parkland. My favorite in the NW has got to be Red Mill in Seattle followed by Frisko Freeze.

26. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

The best place in Okinawa. Sea Side Jet City Burgers. It`s right on the beach and the beer is always cold.

Attached Files:

27. Let's see, start at Dick's in the U District drive 8 miles to Burgermaster in Bellevue, drive another 10 miles to Triple XXX in Issaquah, then over the hump 70 miles to McKeans in Cle Elum, stop at that little joint 20 miles down the road at the west Ellensburg exit, then turn around and do it in reverse order. 6000 calories and a tank of gas!

28. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

Bobs Drive just south of Arnold on 61-67 been there since like 1959 or so.

For the chain guys Sonic rules, and now days Hardees aint nothin to sneeze at either.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  29. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Kewpee's in Racine, WI makes a badass burger. OLD SKOOL joint too

[​IMG]

30. blown41

blown41

In the midwest it's tough to beat Culvers. Not the fastest "fast food" but arguably one of the best. Butter burgers.......mmmmmmm