Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Danny's Bar & Grill on 72nd and Blondo here in Omaha...Amazing burgers...Double Burger with bacon and pepper jack cheese just melts in your mouth...

Oh and then for Lent there's the fish fry, and then Monday Night football is the Taco Special all you can eat for $3.45 huge tortillas, or hard shells, great meat...Better off drinking beer, because they actually charge for water on Taco night.

Oh and then there used to be all you can eat crab legs...

If your lookin' for a quick burger though Bronco's is my fave, or King Kong. They have Gyros at King Kong too, really good, as for mexican food Alvarados on 90th or in Council Bluffs is pretty damn good too, all home made at a fast food joint.

Oh our Around the Bend in Ashland/South Bend, Nebraska...really good and they have a Testical Festival for all you Oyster lovers...

2. lewislynn

lewislynn

There used to be several of those (just the orange, no canopy) along old Hwy 99 before it was freeway.

The town that's going to reopen one is Chowchilla...One can only imagine what a government run drive in would be like. Will they close for lunch? I hope they can figure out how to have handicap access for employees in that orange.

3. Hodad's in Ocean Beach in San Diego...

4. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Gotta be Gunther Tooties on 104th or JB's Drive Inn here in Greeley

Attached Files:

5. :rolleyes: Looks like one of thoses places that sold whipped orange juice, Orange Julius (?) or something like that:confused:

6. Great keep them coming, I know Burgerville in Vancouver,Wash. is really good it's a small chain around Vancouver and Portland area. You have to love the styling of these small Burger Joints !

7. Kerry67

Kerry67

There are really no Mom & Pop places that I know of around here (Phoenix). If anyone knows of a good on, PLEASE let me know. But, the best around here is In & Out Burger followed by Culvers Butter-Burgers.

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Exactly right. There is a new custard place on W. Bell rd (40th-50th Ave south side of street) that I haven't tried, but I have heard it's good for that 50's-style burger ( In-n-Out is the closest to that I've found here in Phx). Where's Culver's?

9. COS

COS
    from KCMO

This is the one right of the Plaza in KC right!! Heck that was my hang out all through high school!! It has a great parking garage behind it to hide from the cops...:D

10. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Got food poisoning there back in 1976! Great burgers but man I felt like dying for about 24 hours. (I grew up in Richmond.)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  11. Kerry67

Kerry67

Culvers is an In & Out type place. They were all over Chicagoland but they just opened one up on Alma School just South of the 60. KILLER butter burgers. If you go, make sure you try the Blackberry Malt. Check the place out.........

12. Abomination

Abomination

And I have. ;)

:D

~Jason

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The XXX in Issaquah, Wa is a NW car folk hang out http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/

We stopped there Wed night pulling the sailboat. Some of the best fountain rootbeer I have had in a long time and the 58 Impala is pretty tasty.

14. The Penguin, Charlotte, NC.

With burgers like;
    ...The Small Block,
    ...The Big Block,
    or The Full Blown Hemi,

How could you go wrong? Incredibly great Burgers!!

[​IMG]

BloodyKnuckles

15. Abomination

Abomination

I'VE DRIVEN 200 MILES FOR A KING KONG GYRO, AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY THAT. :D

Nick's daughter was on the commercials about 10 years ago. All I have to say, is that it totally got me to come in. This was when their only location was in the old Dairy Queen off Saddle Creek and Dodge. :)

Ah, memories...

[​IMG]

http://www.kingkongfastfood.com/history.shtml

~Jason

16. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Richmond Bar and Grill in El Segundo, Ca. Chili Burgers w/ Homemade chili, home-made potato chips and The Ham-dog, a cheeseburger topped with a butterflied and grilled hot dog.....

17. Abomination

Abomination

The Wheel Inn Drive In in Sedalia - although sadly recently closed, this place was awesome! Peanut butter shakes... and GooberBurgers!

[​IMG]

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I never had the guts to try a Gooberburger there , but their regular ones were good.

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

There used to be a place in Tempe that was called MinderBinders. They had a KILLER burger called the "Jiffy Burger" where they put Peanut Butter on the burger. I though it sounded like hell until I had one. Awesome. Try it.........Put whatever else you normally would put on it as well as the Peanut Butter.

20. DrJ

DrJ

Hoff's Hut.
    Long Beach
    PCH at 2nd or Bellflower at Stearns.

21. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I went to Cal. with 15 members of the car club. We loved IN&OUT BURGER.

22. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I DROVE 15 MILES FOR A KING KONG GYRO!!!!! 30 minutes ago...... I went to the one on 72nd though... But sadly no racoons like the Alpine:rolleyes:...If any of you guys are in Omaha and happen to be around the Zoo and want something quick to eat, stop at King Kong, and then Zesto's for desert....you won't be disapointed.

23. Abomination

Abomination

Awwwww, dude!!!!

Lucky you...

:( :eek: :( :eek: :confused:

~Jason

24. If youre in Long Beach,Ca. on 7th st. It's Dan's Burgers...

25. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Hmm, well I'm originally from Washington state, so besides the few already mentioned,

Dick's in Seattle http://www.ddir.com/

Big Daddy's in Auburn

Zesto's in Ballard (which is gone as far as I know) they used to have the best cruise nights back in the eighties.

Herfey's

I also lived in OKC for a couple of years in the late 90's and go to the cruise nights at Coit's

26. Brian W

Brian W

Not exactly a burger place (but they do serve burgers too) Ted's Hot Dogs in Tempe (Broadway and McClintock). they've been in business since 1927, all of their locations are in NY except this one in Arizona. They have awesome food! It always reminds me of the really good small Fair Food vendors. they cook right there in front of you and it's made to order anyway you want it. Be prepaired though, they only take cash (at least that's how it was the last time I went about a year ago) no debit or credit. Here's the website to read up on the history and see the menu and all that jazz.
    http://www.tedsonline.com/menu.php

27. The original 'Juniors" in Winnipeg Manitoba was second to none. A close second is a 'Homer' bureger from Dairyville in Esterhazy, Sask. Named after Mr. Simpson. Doh........

28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Don't have a pic, but Sam's Drive-In is a good place. Still in business in Byron Ill. Another good place in Jay's Drive-in, which is in Oregon Ill.

29. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

In Ventura, best burger place is Top Hat on Main st-place is just big enuff for 2 people to work in,no inside seating,just a long bench on the side.Been going there for over 40 years.
    Another best place--not burgers--is Tony's Pizzaria on Thompson by the fairgrounds--pizza by the slice--all you guys going to the Primer Nationals should stop by--been goin there about 40 years ,too. Local artist even did painting of Tony's with my kid,me, and my car out front.

Attached Files:

30. Anyone here (besides Jesse) eat at Cisco Burger in the LBC? My cousin in LA, said the burgers were decent?:D Damn I'm getting hungry!!!!!!!