Register now to get rid of these ads!

'59 Anglia 2 Door worth picking up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrDano, Mar 29, 2004.

1. LIMEY

LIMEY

Sorry its taken a while to reply! i've been away collecting the model A from the docks [​IMG]
    Ignore the other stuff in the pic its the only ones i have, this is my '57 100E from about 15 yrs ago, nothing special just my daily old hack.

Attached Files:

2. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

Limey,

Did you leave the drivetrain stock in that '57? It looks lower than the others I posted, did you lower the suspension down? Looks cool as hell for a daily put-put.

3. LIMEY

LIMEY

51leadsled, was a kool little car i swapped the little side valve for a OHV four banger, put 3 1/2 blocks in the rear & was lazy at the front & just torched it till it sat just a little higher than the rear.
    I'll go look for some better pics but i'm not sure if i have any.

4. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

Limey,

If you can find any more photos, that would be killer. I'm almost thinking that this car may be better suited for the time being, if I get it, as just a daily put-put with a little paint work on it (scallops, etc). Later down the road when I'm out of college and making better $$ I can go ape shit on it and convert it out to a full gasser if I want to. Hmm..

5. I've been eyein' one for 10 years. A turbo 2300 gasser is my thought. They are kinda like old Cortinas under the skin. Even if they rust, there isn't much that a guy couldn't fabricate and repair. I wonder if Cortina or Capri brakes would work? The Brit magazines often show old Fords modified, usually with twin cam fours.

6. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey that was my brothers first car when we were at high school, his flattie died and got a 1340cc consol motor, one of my good friends first memories of me like 22 years ago was us rolling past on the way to school then a couple of min later heading the other way with the exhaust hanging out the window......

7. prostreet51

prostreet51
    from seattle wa

Check my profile prostreet51 i'm building one now.All old skool.

8. skull

skull

Attached Files:

9. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

2004 to 2011...that must be close to a record for a thread revival. :)