Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage anyone else counting the days till HERSHEY? the sweetest swapmeet on earth !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mallomike is in his truck already, loaded, motor running, just waiting to launch out the driveway wednesday morning with a couple of us. our spots are with the 37kid.

2. My planets aligned.....BenD is pickin' me up on the way.
    Gentlemen, I'll see you in Hershey! :D

I've done Carlisle, Pate(at the farm), Charlotte, Moultrie, Turkey Run, Louisville, Indy, Springfield MO & OH.....but like the guy in the gun show ad sez--"this is the BIG one" :eek: I've heard about it all my adult life, and swore someday I'd go, but never did until now. I'm excited as a kid on Christmas eve....;)

3. Justme B3

Justme B3
    from Ogdensburg

Quick question... I just bought a 1952 Dodge B3. Just started bringing it down to bare metal. I was lucky enough to get all the parts I need and I basically have a whole extra truck that can be parted out. Is there a place to post what you have for sale in Hershey? My truck will not be done until next year. (There is 60 years of paint on my beast!)

4. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went last year for the first time and could'nt even cover it all ,Had a GREAT Time. So I'm heading down early Wed. AM to have the time of my life again. ( not much of a life I lead eh.) I can't wait . I wrote down The37Kid's site and will try to get by.See ya Down there .Bruce C.

5. noboD

noboD

If you mean a place to post at the show yes there is. Put a sign on your back. I've seen it work many times.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

COOL! TWO HAMB guys I've read about forever and I hope to meet. Please stop buy C4J41-42, that is at the end of Main Steet in the Chocolate field, Brookville is on the other corner. Bob :)

7. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I'm surprised there wasn't a list this year. I put one up for the guys over on the Fordbarn..
    Anyway I'm at RCL 28-29 with a LOT of treasure. Stop by and rest, put your stuff here so you don't have to carry it all day. I might even have some Hershey wisdom to lay on you.....:rolleyes:

8. sawzall

sawzall

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Pray for sunshine, I'm bring a lot of paper goods, crap, not HAMB stuff, but it can turn into HAMB friendly spending money. Bob

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm spending the next 3 days doing the final loading and prep. Takin the 41 Packard 160 cpe, maybe it sells, maybe not. This is place for it. Pulled a buncha goodies from the "archives" too. CU 57-58, although I don't plan to baby sit the space the whole time.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  12. 48prerunner

48prerunner
    from ny

Just got back from Carlisle last night, was quit a few empty spots don't know if it was the weather or the gas prices? Talked to a few and they said some vendors have to choose between Hershey and Carlisle now. I've been going to both since the 80s Hershey is always my favorite even back in the days with the mud. I remember them pulling people out with a 4x4 tractor over in the lower field at the end of the old white field. Best thing is even with all the people there I always ran into guys from my small hometown. Sad that my friend won't be here this year as he passed away, But he was great for buying cars at the meet and selling them again before it was over. I don't know how anybody could walk the whole thing in a day I've tried for years starting at sunrise and ending at sunset and still have not seen it all. Never fails that I find the biggest heaviest prize at the farther part of the meet from where I park. But always fun carrying two fenders through the sea of people. Best part is you never know what you will find or see.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

A few years back I bought a NOS Model T Ford frame extention, thing was 13 1/2 FEET long. Strapped my hand cart to one end and wheeled it back to my spot, about a 1/4 mile away. Had no need for it, but it was a good deal, bought it from a friend that has since passed on. There are so many spirits and memories in Hershey that week. Bob

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Skidmarks ...

Cannot make Hershey this year. :(

While Hershey is still the best swap meet on the East Coast ...
    There seems to be very little 32 Ford stuff there anymore.

The Los Angeles Roadster swap meet is a better swap meet for me. :D
    But I truely enjoy going to Hershey.

Maybe I will see you in 2013 ... @ Hershey.

Randy

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

It can't be more than 6 years since that guy from Utah I think had the old Hot Rod '32 3Window that he would have taken $16,000.for in the Chocolate field. Wonder if he sold it or took it back home? Bob

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think we're talking about the same car, it had the look, as I remember it had several colors on the bodywork. Bob :)

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Was the wagon in a million pieces? If so I saw it, guess the 3Window is the one we're talking about. Bob

18. jreeder41

jreeder41

Yeah wasn't it in the very last row before it drops down to the car corral? If so my buddy looked it over for awhile trying to decide if we could do it lol.

19. noboD

noboD

I remember the 3 window too. Wasn't the guy that had it the guy with the Crocker MC stuff, owns the name, wears a CB hat?

20. noboD

noboD

Wow, missed that. Doesn't look near as bad as it sounded. Why didn't Sawzall drag this home?

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice, looks like it still has factory paint. Are the sidewindows the slide up in track type or snap on? Bob [​IMG]

22. noboD

noboD

Skid, I see you know him pretty good too!

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, but some time into 1932 they got car grilles on them.We had one in our wedding in 1978 to carry bridesmaides. Bob :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

I found the remains of a 1931 Ford Special Delivery the woody version of a sedan delivery, at the town dump back in the 1960's, rareist Model A Body I ever had. Bob

25. NEVER2MANYCHEVYS

NEVER2MANYCHEVYS
    from New jersey

What's better Hershey or englishtown?

26. Clark

Clark

You are kidding?! Englishtown does not compare!
    Clark

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Standup comedy takes a long time to perfect, I wish you well. Bob :rolleyes:

28. StukaBomber55

StukaBomber55

Just to recap, this is the 10-13th of this month right?

29. 41 C28

41 C28