Register now to get rid of these ads!

question to my painters "Painting flake"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frankie Bulldog, Oct 3, 2012.

1. burnout2614

burnout2614

Halfevil333 have you ever been to Sturgis? If so we may have met once. I know a LOT of painters and most of em use the same procedures as you. peace

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Frankie B, the writing/lingo was on the borderline of reading old Roth quotes and old "Cartoons" mags. FWIW I got it right away, and keep it up in spite of the resident English majors.

Those flake guns look like a mini "Shutz" gun, the same thing we shoot inner panel sealers and undercoats with. I always wanted to try to cut one down for flake, but frankly I hate the shit. It's ok for panels, accents, helmets (!), but when I see a whole car done it just reminds me of a bass boat or a dune buggy. To that end I never had the opportunity or urge to try it, but one fan of the stuff said it works good with a shutz gun. Dat's all I got daddy-o...

3. HalfEvil333

HalfEvil333

I have never been to Sturgis, though a few of my paint jobs have been. someday I will find time to make it down.

the flake buster is very very similar to a shutz gun wth a few little tricks up it's sleeve, it doesn't suck the flake out, rather it forces air into the cup and out holes in the lid of the gun, which "fluffs" the flake (fluffing stripper glitter just sounds wrong) and blows it around in the cup, then it draws the flake out the nozzle. Very well designed and works extremely well for the "huge" flakes

4. afaulk

afaulk

You will notice Frankie that you did get a lot more good responses than bad. There is a world of experience on this site but like someone said, also a lot of crusty old bastards. I'd wager not many give a shit about ebonics, but will help in any way they can. Enjoy the good, try to overlook the insults, nobody gets off free here, chuckles.....

5. Frankie Bulldog

Frankie Bulldog
    from Miami, Fl

good looking out, i know alot of amazing people on here, some are just jack asses, but some times i can get a lil agravated by them "medication", but i love this site and the good peoples that give me amazing advice through out the years, all i realy give a shit about is being better at what i do and receiving the advice from more experience katz make me happy and motivated.

6. Hahahahaha. I am gonna re-use this, I hope thats ok. LOL!