Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Bed Time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I said it on another thread but my favorite part of One Cab's family is the father cab smoking in the hospital hallway. And then of course the end when the baby get's his hot rod on. Haha!!!

Great times and ones Miller will remember forever.

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

some of my favorite cartoons.

Teach them to do the right thing even when no one is looking......tough lesson but well worth it

4. outlaw256

outlaw256

in one cabs family at about 3.34 does the daddy car call his son a ratrod? ive listened to that 10 times and i swear that is whats said.

5. Deuces

Deuces

That's one of my favorite Tex Avery cartoons... Wish I had recorded it... :(:rolleyes:

6. eddie1

eddie1

I had Susie The Little Blue Coupe when I was a kid as a read along book with a record in the back. Damn near wore that record out.
    That may explain my interest in Hot Rods now because my dad was not & is not a car guy.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  7. Dodge Brother

Dodge Brother

Great cartoons, great entertainment!

8. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Thanks for sharing, One Cab's were never transmitted here and I've never seen them. I think most of hot rodders kids will grow up to be nice guys as they learn how to do stuff, even if they are not into hot rods. Toy Barbies will eventually be changed for real ones....

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I raise my two girls the same way. Give them the tools and the info, let 'em choose what they want to do.

I do wish they'd watch better cartoons than the Nickelodeon stuff sometimes!

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Tex Avery ruled all.

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Definitely a cool cartoon, but personally I could do without the smoking. I had more than my fair share of smoke growing up and after losing one important family member to lung cancer another in process and likely a couple more down the road, I sure as hell hope my kids never find an interest in it.

My kids liked watching these this morning, but I skipped past the "smokey things".

It was different times back then and I am ok with where it comes from. Just not cool with passing that bit down.

12. jjsound

jjsound

Tex Avery is the guy!

13. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

love those cartoons, some of my favs for sure, makes me feel like its saturday morning! Is it wrong to want to have a lift in your living room! :)

14. One of my favs! Love old Tex Avery cartoons!

15. Room on the Cochran couch for one more?

Seems like a fun way to spend some time with your young son. And memories that will last both of you a lifetime. I know, I have similar memories from my young years with my pop.

16. autobilly

autobilly

Even if they choose not to take on our "stuff" at least by exposure they'll understand it and therefore us a little better.
    Farts make me (and my boys) laugh too!:D

17. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

I still remember sitting infront of the TV on Saturday morning in my pj's with a bowl of Frootloops watching this one.
    Ya...Last Saturday was pretty good.

18. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Good stuff! my two little guys like the new stuff as well but LOVE the old Tom and Jerry stuff.

19. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Enjoy your time with your young children Ryan. Before you know it, they will be grown up. I will always have special memories of watching cartoons with my son. He is now 12 and has some interest in old cars, but not a lot. It's not something I would push on him, it really doesn't matter to me. He did promise me this year that he will always go to a yearly local car swap meet with me as long as I go. Something we have done together for about 7 yrs. He said it will be our special time together. That made me feel real good!
    BTW...I think "boys" of every age find farts humourus...:)

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

What?? the cab called the little one a rat rod? I thought ol' Gray coined that term?????

21. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I always loved the cartoons about cars, especially "suped up" ones....and yes Tex Avery was the best! I can't even watch so called new cartoons....OH Man! do they suck!

22. pretty cool little toons. anybody else think the cop car in susie the little bule coupe looked a little familiar

Attached Files:

23. Try the search function... you'll see these were posted many times before... Hahaha...!

When he gets older I think he'll like "Herbie... The Love Bug"

24. S.F.

S.F.

There was another Road runner vs Coyote with cars in it other than the dragster one...can anyone find it? it had a couple junk model T's along the roadside in it and Coyote gets it running or somethin.

25. afaulk

afaulk

Thanks for the inspiration! I have twin grandsons (2 yrs old).

26. flamingokid

flamingokid

New cartoons aren't worth watching.But a guy with a name like Tex must be good at what he does.

27. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Tex Avery, like Ward Kimball, knew "how to do it right" ! Thanks for this, Ryan !!

Jonnie

28. I raised my kids on Godzilla,Gamera,King Kong,and all the other Monster movies I grew up with. But their favorite was Johnny Quest...

29. Tex's stuff was stellar...thanks for reminding me of this one