Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Artist At Large

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Those are awesome!

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

KILLER! Love the skull with the stogie. Slim

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

McPhail's been on my list of appreciated artists for a while now. Really damn impressive stuff he does.

5. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Now he's sculpting his own knobs? Dang, what can't this guy do?

Lot of appreciation for Dennis, hardworking guy, that provides for his family while doing what he loves. If you're reading this man, thanks for all the life lessons you taught a gullible 16 year old before he left home.

See you in Salina.

6. Dennis is one of my favorite artist !! In fact I need to call him this morning >>>>.

7. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I bought one of his shift knobs and a signed original from him about 10 years ago. His art is definitely COOL.

8. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Crazy Talent Dennis!! AMAZING!!

9. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Yeah, I have his ''charmed life'' poster hanging on my office wall. He's the best..

10. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I've dipped into my wallet quite a few times for original McPhail pieces. He's truly a blessed talent, and humble as can be. Definitely pretty stoked to have him as a friend.

11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dennis has been one of my art heroes since way back in the Halibrand days...He was even kind enough to render my little hot rod for the HAMB Drags shirt a few years ago.

McPhail doesn't suck.

-Abone.

12. From a few years back !!! >>>>.[​IMG]

13. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

McPhail just plain ROCKS! I've been a long time fan of McPhail's work and his cars! Great stuff Dennis, always!

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I know it's all good natured humor but I've never sen any evidence that Dennis "sucked". Quite the opposite.............seems to be a really talented guy and has built some really cool cars along with the art.

Frank

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Long story... really long story... BUT, the Cliff Notes:

Dennis is largely responsible for me being me... Meaning, he taught me a lot about specific styles, life, and just being a good parent. He got me where I needed to be during a stage in life when I needed his guidance... He's a good friend... family... and I owe him a lot. I love him.

In any case, I can say with 100% confidence that there wouldn't be a HAMB if it weren't for Dennis McPhail.

16. kookee

kookee

Hey I just saw these in the new R&C. Nice!

Thank you for taking the time to share Ryan.

17. 21tat

21tat

Those are cool! Still have an "Artist at Large" tee shirt hangin in my closet! Have some of Dennis' art hanging in our shop, too! Great stuff!

18. weez

weez

I heart McPhail!

Awesome

Awesome

Awesome

19. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

McPhail sucks

and hes a bad ass

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Dennis is a RULER and when we went to his open house in the roadster p/u in the rain (someone else from KC would not drive a coupe in the rain....hehe), I bought some prints and he wanted to know how we were getting them home (3 hours away) and gave us some trash bags to wrap them in and he signed them. I told the wife if she ever had any more tattoo work, that ONLY Dennis could do it.....

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I have a McPhail shift knob.....one of the 1st "hot rod" parts I ever bought years ago....
    When I saw it it was one of those "gotta have it's", and it's still one of my favorites.

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I just wanna pull his beard.

23. autobilly

autobilly

Thanks Mr McPhail!
    Diggin' the "winged wheel", by the way.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

On the rare occasion that Dennis decides to post on the board, the thing that is most impressive, is that he doesn't TRY to impress. He is articulate, to the point, and respectfull. Lessons could be learned...

The few dealings i have had wilth him have been nothing but straight forward.

Not to mention his amazing talent, if he's not carefull he may get famous!

25. Sprout

Sprout

I have his art all over my arms, my walls, and I have the first McPhail shift knob ever made. He is a hell of a guy and a good friend. MCPHAIL SUCKS!!!

26. ratster

ratster

he's an awesome artist

27. McPhail

McPhail

wow.........thanks.............i don't know what to say about the kind words........
    but I can talk about the shift knobs and new sculptures......... I didn't actually carve and sculpt them myself, but I worked with a really great guy named Craig Campbell who was able to capture my sketches and drawings and bring them to life. He's currently on assignment in New Zealand working on miniatures for the new 'Hobbit" movie. He did a lot of work for Todd McFarland toys back in the day as well......I was fortunate to have been able to work with him...... The final production, molds and painting, was accomplished by the guys at Van Chase. They were very tolerant of me standing over their shoulders and giving color and style suggestions. buy some so I can pay these guys back........
    Thanks so much Ryan.........D

28. 53floored

53floored
    from kansas

Dennis is an awesome guy and he does amazing artwork I remember getting a poster from him at a tattoo convention years ago and him askin if I wanted him to sign it. I told him nah I just loved the poster it was mothers worry now my last 3 tats are from him and nobody else touches me.

29. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

the flamed 39 is one of my dream cars,alway a fan of his work & post back in the early hamb days & on the bucket list a McPhail tattoo!!!

30. seatex

seatex

DAYUM! Is there no end to your talent? Gotta' get a McPhail Tat!