Register now to get rid of these ads!

how to rebuilt 6v53 blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by r600, Dec 25, 2009.

1. r600

r600

can anyone give me low down on how to rebuilt 6v53 blower for petrol,have looked at old posts and see a lot re-6/71 but no 6v53,any help greatly needed,cheers adrian

2. r600

r600

help anyone????please

3. How did you go with that blower?

I currently have 3 and am rebuilding 1 to run and produce boost!!!!!!!! I have most of the fabrication completed and picked up some material to build the drive shaft, today.

Oh, I live in Muswellbrook and come to Newcastle often (hoping this is Newcastle Australia) and am interested in how your blower build is going.

Cheers,
    James

4. Why other than initial cost(I'm guessing) did you go with the V-series?

5. Just happened to have 3 of them, so yes cost, and if I had of gone for a 71 series I still would have built the manifold, intercooler and drive gear.

The 53 series dose "fit" the flathead well! Did a fair bit of work on the blower today and am waiting for my cam to be ground to put it all back together.

6. Thaught I should update!

blower now has over 50hours of run time of towing for this season, it's getting cold over here so as of last weekend we won't go out skiing until it warms up again.

Noise and poor fuel economy would have seen the blower removed and the na setup re-installed, both areas are excellent.

The blower is running 3psi boost and has made a significant increase in power. only one problem arose which was a leaking inlet manifold gasket which boosted the sump and sprayed oil everywhere!! The inlet manifold is water cooled and the is an intercooler on top of that, water temp is never over 26 degrees celcius.

flatBlower.jpg

7. Neat looking set-up . I Think I might have one of them blowers under my bench. They've got a NOS look about them .

Shrapnel :cool:

8. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

same to rebuild as a 6-71, just a different case design

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Attached Files:

10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

11. This thread on OZ RODDERS forum shows several other 6v53 builds as well as more detailed pictures of my manifold, intercooler etc.
    http://www.ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34526&start=45

There do seem to be a fair few of these blowers around but there is no one that builds front covers, drive snouts etc for them! I originally contacted Murphys blowers in the US and wanted to purchase parts but they would only sell me a complete blower! The lack of roller bearings and having to run the blower as part of the motors oiling system also seems to hold people back.

I would also imagine the cost of anyting 71 series in Australia and New Zealand is going to put it out of reach of many rodders, so we look at alternatives.