Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots! ..lost one tonite......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

LOOK AT US !!!! A bunch of tattoo'd (most of us probably), greasy, gearheads and we all tear up and blow snot bubbles about dogs. Yeah, were bad asses all right..........

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  2. Vermonster

Vermonster

Desmo the Super-dog says...

[​IMG]

"Let's roll!"

3. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Real men know how to cry.

I'm sorry for your loss. And it is a real loss. God gave us the responsibility to take care of animals. You shouldered your responsibility and took care of him and showed him gentleness and love to the end. Thank you for your care and love for animals.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was thinking the same thing. Losing a loved one no matter who it happens to be sucks. I miss my dog Bubba but I know he is in a better place. There are plenty more that need to be adopted and could use a good buddy like yourself. Go out and get one!!!!

5. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Sorry for your loss, I have one that will turn 15 this year and I know I only have a couple of years left with her if that.
    I have had to put a couple of my dogs down in the past and the house doesn't seem right after that for awhile.

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

I have 3 right now. Plus my wifes 2 cats who, the dogs are not very fond of.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I would say you have your hands full KERRY67. I was just saying as a broad announcement to adopt to everyone.

8. Diamond49

Diamond49

I lose my dog pitbull Rebel, back in Sept. He was 15 years old. We knew the day was coming, but when it happened we were torned up. I didnt go to work that day.We buried him in our back yard.It still hurts, but I find comfort knowing he's in the yard watching over us.
    We have another dog, Ravyn would will be 11 this year, she's been my baby girl, and I know I will take it really hard.
    I am so sorry for you loss.

9. I lost my Black Lab 3 years ago. Your words ring true. My dog collasped one night right in front of me. Picked him up and ran him into the Vet.

After 30 minutes of the vet looking him over, the status was grim and I had to put him down.

Damn dog was wagging his tail as I told him goodbye! Dogs will love you to the bitter end!

10. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Sorry for your loss. Iv'e lost four of my "best buddies" in my life time. It's such a heart break. I really feel your loss!!! Man it hurts!!!

11. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

You gave him a good life, hold on to those memories. Dogs are great.

Attached Files:

12. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Sorry man....I feel your pain..nothing worst than losing the co-pilot.

13. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

they are better friends than any human could ever be. JC

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Sorry for your loss. Its been 10 years since I had to my DOG, Mojo down. He was a 15 year old Golden Retriever. I have his photo framed on my desk to this day. He was a country dog and lived his whole life outdoors and loved it. Slim

15. synthsis

synthsis

I don't know if this is something you're considering but a guy that works for me JUST rescued a little boy Pit pupp off the street about 30 minutes ago. He's gonna take him to the shelter to get checked out and evaluated for adoption. I know I'm not exactly up the street but I'd love to help find a stray a good home with a guy who might be looking for a new pal. PM me if you wanna talk about it.

16. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

Your dog is your closest friend, and it hurts like HELL when they go. I know how you feel and you will never forget him. Sorry.

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I feel for your loss, I'm sorry.

Nick.

18. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Careful, they'll try to put him down. Pits are born killers you know.
    This vicious monster is especially dangerous.

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      103.8 KB
      Views:
  19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

thank you for saying that, some people think they don't have a soul,but a creature without a soul wouldn't sacrifice it's own life for you. ask any cop who's had his police dog take a bullet for him,or any of the thousands of parents who's child was saved by the family pet,who died in the process.God created them to be companions for people,they are our protectors also. I feel the pain of the recent loss too, I just lost Blackie, my seven year old black lab, it takes a vey long time to get over it. before he died he dragged himself into the bathtub,one of his favorite places to lie. I had kept checking on him every couple of minutes, he made a noise to get my attention,first noise he had made in two days,then when i put my arms around him, he died in my arms. He was waiting for me to be there to die. this is very hard to write about. I buried him down in the swamp by the river, pretty place. some people get their dogs creamated,but i believe if you could ask them, they would just rather return to the earth in the cycle of nature. found a nice place where a lab would like to be laid to rest.

20. toetag

toetag

my girlfriend and i both lost our dogs within 6 months of each other,i had to make the god awful decision to have my lil' jack russell cross(mickey) put to sleep,it ripped my heart out,big time.my girlfriend's yellow lab(hector) feel ill and passed within 24 hours,she was totally ripped apart.a year on we made the decision to bring a chocolate lab into our lives,he will be a year old soon,and has been bought us so much joy,i lost my brother very suddenly last december and oscar (our choc lab) was there for us and seemed to sense when we really needed that extra love.i truely feel for anyone that lose's there dog/best friend/puppy or what ever you choose to call them.i'm a real believer that we all meet up someday and get the chance to be together again.best wishes and condolences.

21. Nomadness

Nomadness

I feel your pain and I am sorry for your loss. My dog died November 21 and I still cry when I think of him. Hell I am crying now.

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

whoever said it's not cool to be upset about losing a dog, must not have ever owned one. it's like losing your best friend. That lab was a like a child. crazy dog would walk over to me and stare at me while i was asleep,then when i opened my eyes,he would burp in my face, followed by that lab laugh.

23. pecker head

pecker head

I feel your pain dude ! Lifes not for certain and the end is always near !

24. padorey

padorey

So sorry for your lost. As a professional Pet Sitter I go thru this many times a year, with my cliant pets. It does not get any easier. they are like my own. pets are family

Attached Files:

25. thanks to all who offered their condolences....i don't generally post O/T, but...feel like the Hamb is extended family..and i know tons of us here are truely dog people....mine are like children to me...i still have Alphie...although it is odd for us both....thanks again..Toby Bone, the pain of you being gone is so hard....thanks again you guys..........

26. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

says it all

27. They truly are man's best friend - I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a 13 yr old who's probably not going to be with us much longer - I know it will be devastating for us when it's her time to go - welling up just thinking about it.

Steve

28. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

Dog's are like kids. I don't have any kids but I did loose my dog of 10 years last September to a brain tumor. It sucks, big time. Like mentioned before, hang on to all the memories. No one can ever take that away from you. You guys will meet up again. Take care man!

29. I'm sorry for your loss. My dogs are my children and I'm devesated each time one passes. As you can see by my avatar, "Red" my boxer, means everything to me. The picture is of him, not my car. I found him in a field after someone hacked him up and left him to die. Since I found him approximately 8 1/2 yrs. ago, he has been "living the dream". Each time one passes, I swear that I'll never get another one, but I miss the joy so much, I find that healing can only begin with getting another one.
    I know yours can never be replaced, but if you do consider getting another companion, please consider a stray (save a life).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  30. bear39

bear39

read rainbow bridge it will help Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car let themout 1 hour later and see who is happy to see you