Register now to get rid of these ads!

ACE Rust stop paint...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plymouth, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Plymouth

Plymouth

I got a chance to wire brush all the loose paint rust etc.. on a car trailer..

Went to Ace wanted Rustoleumn ... They only had ACE brand paint Salesman says its the same..

Put the first coat on and it seems transparent .

Anyone use this stuff with good results and how "many " coats are needed ...

ACE sales man did not help with a call I made after the sell..Txs

using the Allis Chambers Orange

2. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I bought ACE paint once, just ONCE. Not the same. About 3 coats ACE to one coat Krylon or Rustoleum.

3. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Is the marble rattling like it should?
    Shake,shake,shake.

Then take it back and bitch slap him for selling you crap.
    Bail out, rinse,repeat.
    :mad:

4. Plymouth

Plymouth

Sorry I got a Gallon of paint for the trailor..

So far one good coat on can see through it tommorrow secound coat..? hopefully big improvement..

5. hammerstien

hammerstien

ace paint takes about 3 coats. It scratches really easily and fades fast. It's crap.

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Home Depot has rustoleum in large cans, always out of satin black though.

7. roversam

roversam
    from california

hey guys i know i am new here but i am also the manager of an ace hardware in northern cal. he may have sold you the wroung base what is the 6 numbers on the botom of the can? did he have to mix the color? i have used ace paint on many of my project including a tear drop trailer, frame on my rock crawler, and stands for tools i have built and have never had problems with it. the only thing i can say is bad about the ace rust stop is that it takes time to dry.

8. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

With apologies to roversam, I have used that paint and it is like water compared to Rustoleum. Let's be honest here, Rustoleum is the standard and anything else is a compromise. I say sand it off and start over.

9. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

try some van sickle tractor chassis paint..

10. I just found this thread and I just finished painting my frame with this ace rust stop. Covers well and was not like water,it was kind of thick. I hope this stuff is durable.I got the same spiel from the ace guy when they did not have the semi gloss in Rustoleum. Three coats will take a while to dry. Do you think I can put some Rustoleum over this stuff it`s an alkyd enamel.Pete

11. btt