Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof and Don Garlits team up again!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, May 18, 2010.

1. Loppy

Loppy

The Salvagerz have talked about putting together a convoy for the drive over to Lakeland after Don's show. Anyone out there want to hook-up with us is more than welcome to. The sight of all the hotrods, customs, and rats hitting the highway should be quite the thing to see. I'll want that video!

We're also talking about staying at the Sleep Inn like past Billetproof's Friday night.

Chime in!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks like there will be several fast HotRods this year !

3. Choptop

Choptop

Will have some more to report when I get back from Billetproof Washington... but this should be a fun time.

I've seen sneak peeks of some of the Mini-Bikes being built for Mini-Bike Maaaaaaaaaadnessssssss!!! and its going to be a hoot.

Costumes encouraged. :eek: it is close to Halloween and all.

4. Choptop

Choptop

Registration is now open!!!

5. Loppy

Loppy

What's the status with hotel's for both events?

6. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

This is gonna be a great weekend. The F-bombs auto club have put together some Saturday evening meet and greet entertainment. This is a Rats n Rods after-party as well as a Billetproof pre-party. If you're planning on hitting both events, Tampa is the half-way point between Ocala and Lakeland. It is about an hour or so south of the museum and a cruise down hwy 41 or interstate 75-275 is a straight shot.
    Located in historic Seminole Heights is Ella's Folk Art Cafe. It's Owned by a fellow HAMBer and is gonna make the perfect spot to kick back with your family and or car buddies. It is a restaurant/bar with an outdoor patio and is great for a low-key dinner or up-beet drinks with friends. They open at 5 pm and serve dinner till 11:00. At 10:30 things will loosen up a bit. We've got Big Jeff Special playing their brand of traditional country music. If you haven't heard these guys, you wont be disappointed. You might even recognize an infamous HAMBer on the upright bass.By the end of the night we should all be recharged and there should be plenty of scores to settle the next morning at the dragstrip.
    For those of you planning on staying in a hotel for the night, there a plenty in the area. I would recommend the Red Roof Inn on Hwy 301 and Interstate 4. A lot of you may know this as the Hotel across the street from the Florida State Fairgrounds. It's the host hotel for the Streetrod Nationals. It's about 10 minuets from Ella's.

Here are the appropriate links:
    http://www.ellasfolkartcafe.com/Site_2/Home.html
    http://bigjefspecial.com/BJS/BJS.html
    http://redroof.com/reservations/prop...aspx?pid=00092
    <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> _______________

7. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Joe,who is going to be in Ocala? I'm driving down sat. a.m. might have to hook up with you guys for the ride to Lakeland. Hope to have the Coupe ready to drive.
    Mark aka the other Bruce!!!:D

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Excellant idea and plans John, Thanks for doing this for us all to enjoy!
    Glenn

9. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

Is it october yet?!?!? I can't wait!!!

10. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Damm its getting closer.....who wants to race ??

11. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Let's all keep this weekend open. Don't miss out!

12. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Bumpin' it for the weekenders...

13. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

14. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

15. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Planning to head down from South GA Friday PM...Any Jax area guys headin down?...Anyone want to caravan let me know!

16. Jman1976

Jman1976

Anybody know if you are supposed to pre reg for the garlits show?

17. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Im pretty sure the garlits show is reg at gate

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Once again it's getting to that time of year when you guys with a southern drawl start having WAY more fun than us polar bears. If I ever get my super secret 50 MPG 18 wheel car hauler/motor home finished I'll be joining you. In the meantime I'll remind everyone in attendance to take and post a lot of pictures.

Frank

19. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

going to ocalla fri. staying at the motel in frount of garlits place for the show sat. going to lakeland sun. to race

20. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Loved your vette last year at the drags, good to know it'll be there again.

21. Chariot of Hellfire will be there... Who has a minibike that can beat 19 seconds in the 1/8?

22. redlines1976

redlines1976
    from Ocala, fl

Altered Iron-the club hosting the event at Don Garlits on Oct 23rd is not affiliated with Billetproof. We were asked by Don to do this show in March and now again in October and we dont feel the need to take five of your hard earned dollars just to look at the cars and hang with your friends. If you thought the March show was aweosome-the upcoming show on the 23rd will blow your mind! Support your local clubs!

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nice, do an intro.

There's room for everything, this is Florida, we need more, bringing drama to the table does nothing.

24. Choptop

Choptop

lets make this PERFECTLY CLEAR.

there is no drama between Billetproof and Don. If anyone is trying to imply such it is simply not true... and if you would like any confirmation of that you can talk to both Don and I, at the same time, in person at Don's show.

Don and I agreed that trying to do two shows close together in time and place is not a good idea for us as the promoters of the show from a business stand point, nor is it good for the participants of the shows. Besides, dont said he is always pretty damn busy around the time of the March Billetproof show as its close to the Gator Nationals.

That being said, Don and I reached an agreement wherein we shared advertising costs for the Oct show at Don's place and the Billetproof Drag Races. We are cross promoting the event to make a full weekend of hot rod goodness for all involved. If both events do well, everyone benefits.

thats the beginning, middle and end of it.

if anyone has a different impression of it, please give me a call @ 916-207-4645 and lets discuss it... and/or we can do so in person at the show.

as for the statement about paying to get into a show... thats been hammered to death so many times its not funny. Everyone has their own expense vs. entertainment equation... if the enjoyment you get out spectating at a car show for the day is not worth the money it costs to get in, then the show isnt for you. No hard feelings. Same goes for attending a movie, concert, dance, poetry reading... whatever...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  25. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

26. Choptop

Choptop

here is a little something to get you in the mood... the first NHRA nationals....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvywH24rytU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvywH24rytU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

27. One week peeps!!!!

Leaving now to get the Chariot of Hellfire fixed up... So when El Diablo Grande arrives (like the great pumpkin) he will have something to ride.

28. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Here is a flyer for the after/pre party.[​IMG]

29. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

The wheather is gonna be great for the weekend. Hope eveyone has made their Hotel reservatoins and put the cruizes together from said areas. All THREE events should make for a perfect weekend. If ya have any questions about the Ellas party, address in the flyer above , lets get them answered this week. You're not gonna want to miss this. Family friendly, great food, great parking, (plus a full liquer bar), and The Big Jeff Specail is playing too!. We'll see ya there friends!!