Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 65deluxe

65deluxe

2. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

This thread still Rules!

3. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Paradise Dragstrip, Calhoun, GA. It's still in operation today

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Julius Hughes

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That T bold makes me wanna cry.
    But then the next pic puts a smile on my face, its the ying and yang I guess......

6. Billybobdad.......my new hero!

7. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Does that say "Fugowie!" on the side of the car? Butch Blair told me he used to run a blown coupe back in the day. I've never seen a picture of it though.
    I think he said he didn't have any.

8. bigolds

bigolds

What is it about ugly race cars?....... obviously fast and cheap but man some of that shit is just wrong!!!!!

9. Billybobdad<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2664493", true); </SCRIPT> - your "1955 opening day at Lions" photo appears to have a '61 Pontiac and a '60 chev conv in the foreground. Care to explain?

Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

Attached Files:

10. Conder

Conder

Stole this from Fergenboy's site http://www.fergenboysinc.com/cali23album/

...Now THIS is a badass race car!!!!!! Brand new Funnycar, FAST, with GREAT paint and BEAUTIFUL WHEELS.

It's too bad many of the other new Funnys are running current beadlock wheels and vinyl wraps for paint...Even the Hot Wheels car had a WRAP!?

Attached Files:

11. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Sharp eyes. Thats what the photo was captioned. Obivously It was not correct, my bad. You have to admit it still is a cool photo whenever it was taken.
    BBD

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

This pic RULES all get out man!
    Wheels up, tires blazin'.......damn, I was born WAY too late.....

13. EVERYTHING out of the ESTRUS camp is TOP NOTCH AND BEAUTIFUL!!!! ever see the mike sullivan fiat? SHEESH!

me thinks the WRAP saves Mattel the cost of a 2 new funny car paint jobs (one now and one when the deal is up)....AND preserves the bitchin paint job underneath!

[​IMG]

14. Conder

Conder

Take it easy, there are some beautiful cars out there man, but I can't list all of 'em. However, this funny car gig is getting big, and I don't want to see it suffer from the "fuck making it look good I wanna win" sickness that makes most cars cookie cutter.

And Wraps SUCK. Vinyl SUCKS. How would YOU like to do badass REAL 'flake funny car paint for Hot Wheels? I'd kill for that job.

Hot wheels has the money to be FANTASTIC. They can get another BODY, and save the original Crazy Horse one. The good thing Vintage Racing has going for it (at least right now) is it LOOKS COOL!!!!!!!!!

God bless the guys that put great real paint and beautiful equipment on their race cars. Like...RANDY WALLS. His silver Nova is !@#$in' BAD.

There are a HELL of a LOT of ways to make racing PAY...having a class operation that's unique, beautiful AND tough as nails never hurts.

15. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Didnt Pat Foster drive something similar to this back in the 60s? Yeah that thing rocks. Oh yeah I agree wraps suck!!

16. Conder

Conder

Here's the original car...I think Gary Gabelich was driving. He got out okay. Pat Foster drove (and built) this car. The original Beach City 'Vette!

17. tim...

just for the record...

i agree with you an all fronts. and yes, i would KILL for that job.

i've watched this funny car deal grow from back when it was really just buggs, gaynor, godfrey, walls and a couple others. my buddy was the first in the 5's in the crazy horse. it started out pretty solid but now i'm terribly bummed about the 40" overhangs and the side skirts and big wings and streamlining...AND THE VINYL...but its funny car racing.

on the estrus deal...i should have said....have you seen the other stuff in thier stable? freaking gorgeous...espescially the mike sullivan fiat. (and they're great guys too)

guess my enthusiasm got misinterpreted.

18. Conder

Conder

No sweat man! I believe we have a very unique opportunity here to re-invent drag racing.

Or, repeat everything yet again and wind up in the same spot as current racing is now...only later...

19. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

20. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

22. Moonglow

Moonglow

23. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Hey Mitch, until I can afford some nice flake on my digger I'll leave the aluminum bare.... maybe I will be able to find a cool guy to do it for materials and beers ;) I should have it fired up in a couple weeks and the trailer built in a couple also. I'm going to try and make the Drag Fest.

Wraps are too Walmart or China. I can appreciate a quality paint job and since I'm probably the only one on the HAMB that can shoot primer out of a gun and make it run I'll wait till I have the dough to pay someone with the talent.

See you at the opener. Joe

24. LZ

LZ

Model A Keith:
    This is one nice Altered. Very clean.
    I dont recall having seen this one before.
    Your other shots are very nice also.
    Thanks for Posting.:D

25. It's time for some Pontiacs guys....

We'll start with this AA/Fuel Firebird Funny from 1969. I currently own the body. It will be on display here in Phoenix at Speedworld the weekend of April 5 and 6.

Attached Files:

26. If you like rare and unuusual stuff, how about Tempest 4cyl slingshot (right half of a 389 Pontiac), blown, injected and a M/T Pontiac HEMI head?
    Caption says this Pontiac rail set a world record on Saturday and proceeded to mow down a crack field on Sunday to win competition eliminator in 1967 at the AHRA Winternationals at Beeline Dragway here in Phoenix. Pretty impressive.
    sorry the quality is so crappy.

These pics are part of my "Pontiac History page" on my site if interested.

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That wouldnt be like Mickey Ts Attempt 1 motor would it?

28. Sorry, I have tried to upload the Tempest HEMI rail a few times and it will not let me. It is on my site anyway.

Doc- The M/T attempt was Tempest powered but with wedge heads.

29. let me know if you need any help...
    by the way...i like brooklyn style pizza with sausage and mushrooms...hope you dont mind pizza sauce in your gold leaf!

30. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

LZ

Thanks for the kind words

here's a few more of 'Shutdown'

Keith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]